What to do at QB in 2021

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Mitch is gone, thankfully. Seems like a good guy and I hope his career goes in the right direction when he doesn’t have a lunatic as his head coach.

Im done with Foles. I realize he carries a 10 mil cap hit next year, but management needs to accept that as sunk cost and move on. If whoever the GM does it correctly, there needs to be at least 3 new OLmen, possibly 4 starting. It will be a work in progress and Foles will get killed. He has shown he can be efficient if he has every piece in place (like in Philly) but that’s not the case here, at least not in the immediate future. Draft OL in n round 2 and go after a T in FA (Cam Robinson, Taylor Moton).

Trade for Darnold. His stats are what they are, but he’s young, and well...he plays for the Jets. Listening to another lunatic HC. He’s young, has a good arm, and I won’t have to watch Foles on Sundays.

Make a move for QB in round 1. Zach Wilson would look great in a Bears uniform.If Darnold gets hurt, throw him on. It’s become a trend for some reason to sit QBs for a year. Never understood that. All will make mistakes. The best way to learn is by doing, not by holding a clipboard for a season.

I suspect Pace will keep Foles and draft a QB in the 7th.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I agree with all of the above, but foles is going nowhere.

He has a negative cap hit if you cut him. No matter who we pick up, BDN will be here next season.

This is the year to draft a QB in the first and let him sit to develop.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
In theory this would work. But then Pace would get a boner for some 3rd round talent he needs to trade up for. Then there is best possible player law that states Pace would have to take that 2nd round TE.

mecha

Liked Posts:
throw all quarterbacks on depth chart away/don't re-sign them. replace with 5th-7th round "project" (David Fales, Matt Blanchard, Matt Barkley types; because it will be an improvement)

EDIT: I acknowledge some of the aforementioned may have been UDFAs too; I don't give a shit to prove this hypothesis, just avoid the college darlings and take unknowns and shape and form their minds and make them the next Tom Brady. (never happening again for remainder of recorded history but this team is due to fuck up into success someday)

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
This is hilarious. If Darnold were on the Bears you'd want him gone and if Mitch were on the Jets you'd be clamoring to get him. I don't think any QB sans an elite one could survive this system.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mitch is gone, thankfully. Seems like a good guy and I hope his career goes in the right direction when he doesn’t have a lunatic as his head coach.

Im done with Foles. I realize he carries a 10 mil cap hit next year, but management needs to accept that as sunk cost and move on. If whoever the GM does it correctly, there needs to be at least 3 new OLmen, possibly 4 starting. It will be a work in progress and Foles will get killed. He has shown he can be efficient if he has every piece in place (like in Philly) but that’s not the case here, at least not in the immediate future. Draft OL in n round 2 and go after a T in FA (Cam Robinson, Taylor Moton).

Trade for Darnold. His stats are what they are, but he’s young, and well...he plays for the Jets. Listening to another lunatic HC. He’s young, has a good arm, and I won’t have to watch Foles on Sundays.

Make a move for QB in round 1. Zach Wilson would look great in a Bears uniform.If Darnold gets hurt, throw him on. It’s become a trend for some reason to sit QBs for a year. Never understood that. All will make mistakes. The best way to learn is by doing, not by holding a clipboard for a season.

I suspect Pace will keep Foles and draft a QB in the 7th.
Wait how are you trading for Darnold and then also trading to get another 1st round pick? Or are you thinking you could get Darnold for a 2021 2nd and 3rd and trade our 2021 1st and 2022 1st to move up to get Zach Wilson to throw to the wolves, while we ignore the Oline for his first 2 or 3 years?

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
This is hilarious. If Darnold were on the Bears you'd want him gone and if Mitch were on the Jets you'd be clamoring to get him. I don't think any QB sans an elite one could survive this system.
I agree no QB can work in the shitshow that exists now. Mitch is not coming back, and that’s good. I’d rather have Darnold than watch Foles. At least with Darnold there is a glimmer of hope. If not, throw in the rookie QB. Or throw in the rookie QB and I guess keep Foles as the backup. As long as Foles is not starting next year.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Wait how are you trading for Darnold and then also trading to get another 1st round pick? Or are you thinking you could get Darnold for a 2021 2nd and 3rd and trade our 2021 1st and 2022 1st to move up to get Zach Wilson to throw to the wolves, while we ignore the Oline for his first 2 or 3 years?
I don’t think Darnold will cost that much. If he does, pass. I just used him as an example to get someone in place besides Foles.

I think there is a good chance we won’t win another frame this season. May not have to trade up to get a QB. Long time between now and the draft.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
If not, throw in the rookie QB. Or throw in the rookie QB and I guess keep Foles as the backup. As long as Foles is not starting next year.

This is a chapter out of the “how to ruin a rookie quarterback for Dummies” book

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Id much rather ride the foles turd wagon another season than go crazy trade our draft away and not draft olinemen
So no thanks first round pick must he a tackle no matter what maybe the 2nd ya go qb but id be eying a left guard there as well and pondering a 3rd round project qb ect that would be my priority as far as roster moves and draft

But above all of those things nagy must fucking go and pace if hes not on board this team needs a teacher on offense a guy who can develop talent or none of its going ta matter any fucking way

greg23

Liked Posts:
To recap

drop 10 mil just to get rid of foles
Then
Drop how many draft picks to get Darnold?
Then
Drop how may picks to get into the top 10 to get wilson?
Yet
Somehow get 3-4 starting olineman

Fantaysland at Disney world has been closed for months

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
To recap

Then
Then
Yet

Lol ikr

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fucking crazy train in here

drewten

Liked Posts:
I'm optimistic that this draft is going have a lot of QB talent. Bears can't pass on a solid qb prospect if he is there in the 1st. My ideal scenario draft Zach in the first and then go O-line heavy, followed by draft best available o-line first and trask in the 2nd round. Of course this is all subject to change.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
This is a chapter out of the “how to ruin a rookie quarterback for Dummies” book
Lol. Sure. Tell that to:
Kyler Murray
Lamar Jackson
Josh Allen
Joe Burrow
Deshaun Watson
Justin Herbert
Russell Wilson
And many others before the current NFL starters.

You’re just repeating some myth that a lot of people blindly believe now, for whatever reason.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol. Sure. Tell that to:
Kyler Murray
Lamar Jackson
Josh Allen
Joe Burrow
Deshaun Watson
Justin Herbert
Russell Wilson
And many others before the current NFL starters.

You’re just repeating some myth that a lot of people blindly believe now, for whatever reason.
Well consider our offensive line vs those.. it would be Special person to expect a rookie to do anything but get worse.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
To recap

Then
Then
Yet

Drop 10 mil to get rid of a QB who can’t help your team. If you can trade him, fine.
When did I ever say we will have to trade picks to get a QB. I’d like Wilson, but there are others that may be available. We may not win another game-why are you so confidant we will have to give up draft capital?

Sign a T in FA and go OL heavy in the draft.

Why is that fantasy? Good teams do those Types of moves all of the time.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Id much rather ride the foles turd wagon another season than go crazy trade our draft away and not draft olinemen
So no thanks first round pick must he a tackle no matter what maybe the 2nd ya go qb but id be eying a left guard there as well and pondering a 3rd round project qb ect that would be my priority as far as roster moves and draft

But above all of those things nagy must fucking go and pace if hes not on board this team needs a teacher on offense a guy who can develop talent or none of its going ta matter any fucking way
Agreed on Pace and Nagy. If Zach Wilson is there when we pick, you’re saying you’d rather they pick a T??

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed on Pace and Nagy. If Zach Wilson is there when we pick, you’re saying you’d rather they pick a T??
Yep if one whose worth a dams still there this class looks deep at qb and we could snag a developmental guy who could ride the pine and learn while foles started with a improved line