What to do with Cutler?

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
OK here we go Cutler in a contract year and considering his play and not so great leadership skills and now with the concussion isssue. Do we sign him or go a different route?

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow, where is all this hate coming from. Jay is far from the offensive problem. Our OC is killing us right now, and yes cutler hasn't played great, but he's still a franchise level QB and to me, it's obvious we are going to re-sign him.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you still sign Cutler. Can't see the future.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
With his replacement not being on the roster, I think it's pretty clear. I don't think he'll be asking to break the bank to keep him.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I posed this question in another thread and people got upset like I said "DON'T SIGN HIM!" or something...

His potential is through the roof. His actual numbers are not. This is now his fourth "reported" concussion. Each one he gets will be worse then the previous.

How much is he worth? Paying out the nose? Seeing what else is out there? It's a legitimate question that needs to be asked. Some seem to be really defensive when asking it....

BEARS

Frigidus

Liked Posts:
Obviously we resign him. The alternative would be trading up to draft a QB and hoping that works out (we sure as hell aren't going to get anyone better through free agency), and we wouldn't be contending for the Super Bowl for a couple of years minimum.

darklite41

I have your keys.
Donator
Liked Posts:
This team is in "win now" mode and Jay gives us the best chance to do that. Even though his numbers aren't amazing he was doing just enough for us to win.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
you have to resign the guy. after we win the superbowl though. remember, he doesn't want to discuss a contract until then

Rodneyr38

Liked Posts:
12-1 in his last 13 games that he has started and finished

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's see here:

Resign him, add a few more pieces to put the team over the top, and continue being a legit Superbowl contender....

OR

Let him walk, fire Lovie, blow the entire team up, and once again start scratching off lotto tickets trying to draft a competent QB for the future while the team flounders for the next few years with some random 'game manager' they scoop out of the bargin bin in FA..

Yeah, tough call right there...
29pri88.jpg

Bskizzle

Liked Posts:
Keep him! I wonder though, does he consider himself more valuable now that he has BMarsh with him? ....like he's the only QB that can maximize BMarsh's potential?

Bskizzle

Liked Posts:
Then again, if he finds his way out of Chicago, I'm sure Marshall will follow

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
12-1 in his last 13 games that he has started and finished
Shh don't ruin the obnoxious bitching by everyone how Cutler isn't good. Stats may not tell whole story on a lot of things but tells more than enough for the Bears. Last year we were on our way to the playoffs before Cutler effed up thumb. Then.. Boom. Done. Of course that's just pure bad luck nothing to do with Cutler being a great qb and kickin' ass with this team or anything.

Some people are just football dumb I swear

Rodneyr38

Liked Posts:
Shh don't ruin the obnoxious bitching by everyone how Cutler isn't good. Stats may not tell whole story on a lot of things but tells more than enough for the Bears. Last year we were on our way to the playoffs before Cutler effed up thumb. Then.. Boom. Done. Of course that's just pure bad luck nothing to do with Cutler being a great qb and kickin' ass with this team or anything.

Some people are just football dumb I swear
Yup stats very rarely tell the whole story, where are all the Philip Rivers is elite guys nowadays?? I told them for years he was nothing but a fantasy football qb and nothing more, i think they are finally seeing what i saw all these years. theres not a qb in the league that is doing more with what he has to work with than Cutler.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I say we bring back Orton and davis and go back to the 08 offense

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Yup stats very rarely tell the whole story, where are all the Philip Rivers is elite guys nowadays?? I told them for years he was nothing but a fantasy football qb and nothing more, i think they are finally seeing what i saw all these years. theres not a qb in the league that is doing more with what he has to work with than Cutler.
Agreed 100%, Bear fans will always bitch though even when we win. It's insane to think cutler isn't a good qb when we lose him due to injury(not injury prone) we blow games and have a losing record.

Yet with him and he finishes a game we're 13-1

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Agreed 100%, Bear fans will always bitch though even when we win. It's insane to think cutler isn't a good qb when we lose him due to injury(not injury prone) we blow games and have a losing record.

Yet with him and he finishes a game we're 13-1

It's his FOURTH concussion. And there's rumor it's been up to six(since college).

I would love to hear how that this is NOT a concern.....

BEARS

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
It's his FOURTH concussion. And there's rumor it's been up to six(since college).

I would love to hear how that this is NOT a concern.....

BEARS
Noone said it wasn't. It is concerning- he's not injury prone with previous injuries besides concussions.

Oh, btw.

13-1