What type of games(or certain titles) don't interest you at all?

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
First for me, racing games. Any kind. I mean, the Crusin' arcades were awesome, but I could never get into them on a console. Second, which may come as of a surprise considering I'm a huge basketball fan, I could never get into basketball games for some reason.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Final Fantasy. Most RPG games. Soccer. Thats all I can think of at the moment.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah, soccer games suck as bad as the sport. I figured it was needless to say. :smug2:

Haha..every time I've tried to give it a chance in a demo..I'm like..god this is awful....I have a co-worker who absolutely loves them (He's from the middle east) and I told them those games suck he just continues to rail on me about it. Everytime I'm just like whatever...American Football > Your Football.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
-Any NHL games.
-Any NBA games.
-Even though it was a big acquisition for the PS3, I have no interest in the Mass Effect series.
-The Bioshock series.
-All racing games except for the Gran Turismo series.
-Any of the Unreal Tournament games.
-Any fighting games (Street Figther, Fight Night, Tekken, etc)
-Any flying games (Flight simulator, Warhawk, etc)
-World of Warcraft
-Soccer games
-DJ Hero

That's all for now. I'm positive there's more.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
-Any NHL games.
-Any NBA games.
-Even though it was a big acquisition for the PS3, I have no interest in the Mass Effect series.
-The Bioshock series.
-All racing games except for the Gran Turismo series.
-Any of the Unreal Tournament games.
-Any fighting games (Street Figther, Fight Night, Tekken, etc)
-Any flying games (Flight simulator, Warhawk, etc)
-World of Warcraft
-Soccer games
-DJ Hero

That's all for now. I'm positive there's more.

You're all NBA haters lol...
I never played Mass Effect
Bioshock 1 was awesome, but I didnt care for Bioshock 2.
Never played Gran Turismo..or if I did I was no aware of the name of it.
Unreal Tournament was overrated
Yeah those fighting games weren't very fun either.
I wont even touch on World of Warcraft

stormbolter73

Liked Posts:
I'm not a big fan of racing titles. I also don't really care for sports games, I don't hate them but I tend to stay away. I like story driven games like the Mass Effect series and Fallout series. I also couldn't care less about COD any more. THat may just be from burnout and given time, I might be able to get back into it.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
I just can't go for racing games either. There's just not enough variety - you're either turning right or turning left (lol). I never thought I would like any kind of extended role playing game until recently, either. Assassin's Creed and RDR have kind of changed my mind about that.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I loved the RUSH games for N64 - haha..

I've played some good hockey games, but they're few and far between...I think the best one I played was '95 on N64, or NHLPA '93 for Sega - that game was freakin' tight.

Soccer games typically struggle, as much as I wish they didn't. The ones that don't suck, it takes a damn month to figure out how to use all the controls.

I like b-ball games, but it's hard to get into the college games unless you have the roster updates/etc.

Never could stand the 1v1 fighting games.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
First for me, racing games. Any kind. I mean, the Crusin' arcades were awesome, but I could never get into them on a console.

I agree with this. Although I did really like Split/Second. Other than that, racing games never hold my attention.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
also- Some turn based games and real-time strategy games. Turn based games annoy me. Not all of them, because Paper Mario is one of my favorites of all time. But I can't play Final Fantasy because of this. I don't have a lot of patience to play them.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Any shooter FPS unless it's a cool goofy joke of a game or has a great legit story appeal like XII

That's about it, other things I can get into if they're actually good. I didn't say i hate racing games because some awesome ones from genisis days

Lefty

Liked Posts:
-Mindless games By this I mean the standard fighting titles that come out every year or so (Street Fighter, Capcom vs. Marvel) as well as the kiddy-type games that take no skill, make no attempt to use the graphics capabilities of next-gen systems and are marketed as "great for parties". Get that crap away from me.

-Nintendo/Wii. First off, I hate the Wii. It sucks. I don't care about the motion controls (which are still far from perfected), the system blows. Nintendo intentionally took a step back from where games were from a technological stand point just to break off on some weird tangent that they knew everyone would follow them on. The graphics are terrible, the games suck, it's just a way overrated console.

As for Nintendo itself, I hate all the fanboys they have here in America that constantly rave about how ground-breaking and "fresh" Nintendo always seems to be. They seemingly always rate out the best at industry expos and everything they do is heralded as the "next big thing" in gaming. Please. They've done nothing for the past decade but introduce "casual gaming" title after title. Just because something is huge in Japan doesn't mean it needs to be lauded in the same manner here.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
my favorites are:

old skool- rush n attack, mansion of the hidden souls, mortal combat
new skool- EA NHL,Tom Clancy Hawxs, Oblivion, Skate series, GOW, COD

I agree to a point about the wii. For gaming purposes the wii sucks ass. graphics blow ass, so as someone who likes to play video games it sucks. Now for groups of people...especially me being married, its pretty fun to play in large groups while being intoxicated.....that is the only time i boot the wii up.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
I agree to a point about the wii. For gaming purposes the wii sucks ass. graphics blow ass, so as someone who likes to play video games it sucks. Now for groups of people...especially me being married, its pretty fun to play in large groups while being intoxicated.....that is the only time i boot the wii up.

That's exactly my point. I'm not saying that the Wii isn't or can't be fun, but that it isn't a gaming console. Not to sound too much like that PS3 ad-man at E3, but gaming has become it's own lifestyle genre, separate from the entertainment sub-group it used to be. Just like how not all rhyming put to a beat is considered rap/hip-hop, not all interactive video consoles are gaming consoles; not all titles for those consoles are gaming titles.

I too have had fun playing Wii Sports while getting/being inebriated, but never would I call that gaming or consider the Wii a gaming console, yet so many people try to treat it as such. As an entertainment system the Wii is great and wonderful and new, but as a gaming system it just blows.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
xbox and ps3 dominate the video game culture. it is weird how i got back into video games, i played intellivison and atari when i was real little...and then nes when i was like 12. stopped playing for years, and suddenly i got roped in at 25, now being 31 i dont think i can walk away.