What was your favorite decade?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I know a lot of the posters on this board are a bit older so I wanted to get your guys opinion on your favorite generation.

90's had some amazing movies that are constantly being rebooted Pulp Fiction (Rise of Tarantino), Jurassic Park, Shawshank, Goodfellas, Fight Club. Amazing generation of comedians George Carlin, Dave Chappelle, Mitch Hedberg, Dice Clay, Sandler, Bill Hicks. Good music Nirvana, Tupac, Beastie Boys, Blink 182.

This generation has Jake Paul, Cardi B, Tik Tokers, and cancel culture.

Reactions: DC

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I know a lot of the posters on this board are a bit older so I wanted to get your guys opinion on your favorite generation.

90's had some amazing movies that are constantly being rebooted Pulp Fiction (Rise of Tarantino), Jurassic Park, Shawshank, Goodfellas, Fight Club. Amazing generation of comedians George Carlin, Dave Chappelle, Mitch Hedberg, Dice Clay, Sandler, Bill Hicks. Good music Nirvana, Tupac, Beastie Boys, Blink 182.

I'm a nineties guy but if possible can I do 1985 to 1995?

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
The best decade for America was from 1945-1955
The country was at its peak after WW2, growing fast, and things were getting done. People were mostly on the same page, and had a positive attitude towards the country.

From the mid 60's till today, America has been in decline

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
2011-2021

I mean the Bears drafted a PASS FIRST, SMART, BLACK QB in RD 1. Progress for Chicago. Maybe Im racist, but I hope he GOATS out, just because he is a Black Bears QB.

Had the first Black President in office during this time. Started prior to 2011, but still. Oh and a majority of people saw him as mixed raced and not black, but whatever.

Watching family and friends going full-tard over politics on FB. The amount of lifelong relationships lost over the SHOW for "THE PEOPLE" is insane.

Watching the division grow among the masses. Great theatre. Too bad the masses cant see the strength in a real united front. Tribal warfare is entertaining though.

Mandalorian brought Boba Fett back to life in Canon. Good show.
Cobra Kai > Karate Kid II, III, The Next Karate Kid, and The Karate Kid (2010) combined.
Chappelle getting the rights to his show back.

Silkroad accepting bitcoin.

Not a Toyota, but seeing an LS3 put into a Miata.

Too much to list.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:

Lol at Blink 182. When I was graduating high school in '99 we all thought they were the gayest band ever and it was the end of MTV. Totally nailed it.

Nevermind, Ten, Black, Blood/sex/sugar/magic and Appetite for Destruction all came out within a month of one another in 1991. Set the tone for the entire decade.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The country was at its peak after WW2, growing fast, and things were getting done. People were mostly on the same page, and had a positive attitude towards the country.

Lol and then in 1956 Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat in on the bus and **** got real.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I also am a big fan of that decade, where Tony Romo famously called NFL games featuring Jay Cutler.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I wasn't born then but im fascinated by the '60s.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I also am a big fan of that decade, where Tony Romo famously called NFL games featuring Jay Cutler.
Anytwerp23 trick or treating as a kid

ada021901dcd7f741bdb6f2086c2e03b--barney-fife--years.jpg

Last edited:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Nevermind, Ten, Black, Blood/sex/sugar/magic and Appetite for Destruction all came out within a month of one another in 1991. Set the tone for the entire decade.

Appetite came out in 87 (Use Your Illusion I&II was 1991). Also don't forget Soundgarden's Badmotorfinger.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Downhill from there eh?
Individual causes gained ground, but overall, YES..As as the country was concerned,it was downhill from the mid 60s. Thanks to the Vietnam war. I lived in that era. Divisiveness was the cornerstone .

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Anytwerp23 trick or treating as a kid

ada021901dcd7f741bdb6f2086c2e03b--barney-fife--years.jpg
lol so triggered by my post you came back later to edit your post and reuse the same joke you've made 500 times the past 2 months.

Speaking of different decades, how did you fake your death pre-internet? Thank God you now have the means to pretend to be dead to complete strangers in hope that at least 1 person in the world would feel bad for you. Real life sucks.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks