What was your position on the teams biggest recent decisions at the time?

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
The four biggest decisions as far as building the teams current situation, as far as I can tell, are the hiring of Pace, drafting of Trubisky, hiring of Nagy, and Mack trade. Where did you stand on these at the time?

I thought the Pace hiring sounded good, supported drafting Trubisky (albeit did not like trading up), that the Nagy hiring was completely baseless, and the Mack trade would damage the team significantly in the long term.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's already too many threads on each of these, and you want to start one with all 4 combined?

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
I actually wanted Ballard as GM

Liked the Nagy hire more because Nagy was the QB at the University of Delaware when I was there. Also, coming out of the Fox era I believed a young offensive minded coach would be a breathe of fresh air. It couldn't be worse than Fox right?

I wanted Watson. Everyone watched him dominate at Clemson. This was an easy pick for me. I did however say well they must see something special in Trubisky because he was the consensus best qb according to what I was reading.

I was doing cart wheels over the Mack trade. Not only did we get a top 3 dominant defensive player to improve the only weak link on the defense which was the pass rush, Pace was doubling down on the Trubisky pick. He was sure we had our qb! You don't make that move without being sure you have your franchise qb right?