-Possibly new U TE
-Speed WR, the Bears get pathetic YAC yards and have no real deep threat
-Backup RB

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Brandon Sheriff looked like the guy at guard to replace Long but with his pec injury and shoulder surgery it's a risky move.

- Ride with Trubisky unless you see someone you love in the draft. (2021 is the year they should replace him).

- Not many options in free agency it has to be the draft.

- OT this will be a hard fix.

- Trey Burton should stay but Shaheen is gone.

- Allen Robinson will be getting double coverages next season that'll help!

- First we need a better scheme.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Agree on all of these except backup RB. Bears can just use Nall for the 4-5 snaps a game that a 3rd string RB gets, and he will do that and ST for $580k a year.

freddylamar

Liked Posts:
We need to cut bait with Cohen and see if we can get a mid round pick for him. Watching him run out of bounds every play this year made me sick to my stomach!

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Yesterday was one of the most low effort performances by Charles Leno that I have seen. He was letting backup DL run right by him.

Invest in a starting quality caliber LT and a serviceable RG and TE.

dakbear

Liked Posts:
Agree on the post about Leno. I specifically watched a bunch of his snaps yesterday. Embarrassingly pathetic. There were times he did not even touch the guy he was supposed to be blocking.

dag54

Liked Posts:
Agree on the post about Leno. I specifically watched a bunch of his snaps yesterday. Embarrassingly pathetic. There were times he did not even touch the guy he was supposed to be blocking.
Leno was a pylon yesterday. I'm sick of him. I want him gone.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears need some speed at WR.

Their YAC Yards are pathetic.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Can’t disagree with op except we need a starting rb we already have a backup quality rb

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:

I think a YAC receiver is a luxury right now, not a necessity. The quickest patch I see for this offense is a more dependable running game and more consistent pass protection.. both cured with OL upgrades.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
The offseason investments should start with the OL. I'd spend both 2nd's and the majority of cap space on the OL. TE is a position I would deem as 2nd most critical.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think a YAC receiver is a luxury right now, not a necessity. The quickest patch I see for this offense is a more dependable running game and more consistent pass protection.. both cured with OL upgrades.

The issue is that the offense is built on short throws and run after the catch. We also have a ton of tight window throws because we do not have a guy who takes the top off the defense.

I agree the running game should be the focus, but there are dominoes to adding more speed on offense at WR and TE as well.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would add a different game plan.....run out the I more and use play action pass.....

this sideline shit is college level and couldn't fool a bunch of backups.....it was pathetic

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Blow the entire thing up.

If not, needs are OL,OG, CB, WR, RB, DE, too many to list

secondary is average
Dline is well below average this season
LBers are average
Defense put up ZERO numbers, ZERO pass rush. It was ugly.
Anyone who thinks they are still elite needs to let go of Fangio because he was the factor in there ever being any "elite" discussion

QB is below average
OL is below average
RB is average
WR are below average- Only shining light is AR
TE is below average

Money-wise, I'd like to see Mack get real team friendly and kick some of those dollars down the road. If not, this current team is not built for him and he hinders the rest of the team salary wise.

It should be an interesting offseason

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I also think a part of this problem is Mitch (surprise, surprise) and maybe Nagy's route tree. When Mitch has a completion, the WR is always standing flat footed and just waiting for the ball. Mitch needs to be quicker and throw the ball before they come out of their break. Less time for the CB to react.

Yogi

Liked Posts:
For the OL, give me Jack Conklin in FA and Prince Tega Wanogho or Trey Smith in the draft.

Our TE situaiton isn't just below average, it's probably the worst position group in the entire NFL. We need a whole new crew here next year.

Also agree to cut Cohen and give Patterson his place in the offense. I don't think there's anything the former does that the latter doesn't do better.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Graham Glasgow. For some strange reason the Lions have been using him in a rotation. 11th ranked guard but also has incredible durability. Cheaper and younger than Scherff.

I also really like Mekhi Becton if he falls. A massive mauler at LT who is getting a ton of love in the scouting community. I hope he somehow falls to us in the 2nd.

Jalen Reagor would be the perfect speed WR. I think he was a gold medal track star. Pace would have to use a 2nd on him though.

Glasgow and Becton getting had would be great.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I also think a part of this problem is Mitch (surprise, surprise) and maybe Nagy's route tree. When Mitch has a completion, the WR is always standing flat footed and just waiting for the ball. Mitch needs to be quicker and throw the ball before they come out of their break. Less time for the CB to react.

Agree with both of these. YAC is a luxury. And with the bunch of other needs, few draft picks, and lack of cap space.....it's going to take a lot of creativity to add some speed (which isn't the end-all, be-all for YAC anyway). Right now all 6 WRs are back. Even if you cut Gabriel, Ridley basically sat all year so you're still playing with 5 which is enough.

Also, the 2nd post is dead on. Mitch (like Cutler) doesn't throw with great anticipation (or great anything). Then with his bouts of inaccuracy, that's not very conducive to YAC. Seems like something we're just going to have to deal with as long as Mitch is the QB.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Graham Glasgow. For some strange reason the Lions have been using him in a rotation. 11th ranked guard but also has incredible durability. Cheaper and younger than Scherff.

I also really like Mekhi Becton if he falls. A massive mauler at LT who is getting a ton of love in the scouting community. I hope he somehow falls to us in the 2nd.

Jalen Reagor would be the perfect speed WR. I think he was a gold medal track star. Pace would have to use a 2nd on him though.

Glasgow and Becton getting had would be great.

Yeah, seems like the Lions are going to let Glasgow walk for some odd reason. Becton is probably going in the first round. Like you said, TON of love in the scouting community. And he probably has the most fun tape to watch in this draft. Absolutely destroys people and amazing size.