What will Bears biggest change on Defense be?

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
honestly hopeful as i can get..i think we're in for a ride this season people.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I'm interested in the Bears CB2 competition. My hope is Jaylon Johnson can step up into that role, but I also think most rookies are going to be behind the curve to start the season. Does Artie Burns start the season with Skrine staying in the NB role? Or does Skrine bump outside and Jaylon/Artie compete for the NB role?

Agree with this. However, if he does start the season, having Mack, Hicks and Quinn in front him will be a MASSIVE help for him and the rest of the secondary.

mecha

Liked Posts:
on paper, they upgraded. if everyone remains healthy they'll be a lot more destructive up front again. which we all know will benefit the secondary. I haven't really followed any of the personnel changes, I'm just going based off what people are saying about new players. Mack not getting triple teamed and the presence of Hicks again will help a lot. I'm a huge fan of Roquan Smith as well.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Robert Quinn -- 11.5 sacks and 22 quarterback hits -- last year is GINORMISH!

Quinn was the missing piece, and Pace filled it.

Mack - Hicks - Goldman - Quinn... is probably the best DL in the league. Plus Nichols, Robertson-Harris, rookie Trevis Gipson backing these guys up is also good.

Bears are adding Quinn to an excellent LB and Secondary Core.

Fuller - Jackson - Smith - Trevathan - Skrine - Tashaun Gipson Sr. - Johnson; and plenty of players who are competing and ST talents.

This should be a #1 Defense.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
I'm interested in the Bears CB2 competition. My hope is Jaylon Johnson can step up into that role, but I also think most rookies are going to be behind the curve to start the season. Does Artie Burns start the season with Skrine staying in the NB role? Or does Skrine bump outside and Jaylon/Artie compete for the NB role?

The Bears secondary is really deep. I think that there are some legit competition for all spots. The ball is going to come out quickly for opposing offenses and the players that can capitalize will benefit.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
honestly hopeful as i can get..i think we're in for a ride this season people.

I agree. There's a lot of things that have to happen on offense. O-line turns it around with minimal changes, Truhisky reboots or Foles continues his magic streak, Jimmy Graham has gas left in the tank. Yea, each one alone has a decent chance at success. But for all three to work out. I dunno.

I suppose the offense just has to be average at the start and work the kinks out as they go. IMHO, since practice schedules are being affected by Covid, the teams that can adapt as the season progresses will do well.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The defense is stacked on paper and should be a top 3 D. That being said anything can happen to change that.

The offense needs to step up and be middle of the road at least and I think it can be. OL will be better just with better coaching and line scheming from the OL coach. I really do think Nagy has learned his lesson about the importance of the running game. Our TE's are an upgrade this year. Last year was the worst of Mitch, can only get better I hope. IMO I think he starts the season and we will see. If not Mitch, Foles will be better than last year's Mitch, so we will be better at the QB position and the offense will be better which helps the D out big time.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Offense is the BIG question mark....not the D. The D has been playing lights out IMO

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not sure that there will be any change at all versus last season as there probably won’t be a full season. But, in a fantasy world, I think the pass rush will be sick. The secondary, and Pagano, will benefit. There will be more sacks, which isn’t surprising, but many more turnovers generated as a result. Would have been, I hope it will, be another great Bears defense.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The D is gonna be fine. Definitely nothing to see her. ?

Last edited: