What will you be watching for tonight?

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
Obviously I'll be watching the Oline, hell who won't be. But on Offense, I'm also going to be watching the TE battle between K. Adams and E. Rodriguez. IMO, ones going to make it most likely E.R. and if Clutts sticks, I think Adams is gone. Going to be an important night for Booker and Allen too.

On D I'm really interested in the emergence of Costanzo. Not sure if he will but I'm hoping he gets the start in the middle against the starters. I thought he shown good awareness and was flying to the ball last week, can he continue the upswing?

On ST, hate to say it but if Podlesh is going to miss any time in the Regular season, what exactly do we have in Quigley? If Pods only out for one game could Gould punt against the Colts to save a roster spot?

Lots of interesting story lines tonight.

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How our punter looks.

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Looking for safeties to learn how to tackle properly, Oline of course. Special teams coverage unit.

Happy Human 1001

Liked Posts:
how much we try to run the ball, and how successful we are at it

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
OL and specifically LG,LT but I want to see the TEs/RBs improve while blocking as well. I want to see Shae have some regard for containment on his side as well

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
A little battle I'm curious in is the 3rd RB spot. It'll be interesting to see if the Bears keep the guy who returns kicks or IMO the better back in Allen.

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
OLine in pass protection
DT's against the run
Safties overall
and just for fun... Alshon Jeffrey

kvalentine

Liked Posts:
gonna watch the oline so hopefully cutler doesnt get killed

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
O-line play. With more emphasis on pass protection. I already know this line can run block

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
If Alshon Jeffery can continue his incredible pace of high catch efficiency.

8 targets, 7 catches.

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
TE's will be good to watch. Don't be surprised if we cut Spaeth. It would be just like the Kahlil Bell move. Keep the younger and less expensive players. Adams seems like a better overall TE then Spaeth, who just really isn't that good. Spaeth making almost $2 mil a year is a lot to play a backup TE.

We'll be playing a lot of backups at safety, so that will be interesting. The coaches have raved about Craig Steltz this year in camp, so if this guy steps up and plays good football, I wouldn't be surprised to see him win a starting job.

I think everyone is just going to watch the OL, Alshon Jeffery and Shea McClellin as usual.

RM22

Liked Posts:
Many things to watch tonight vs the Giants. Hopefully we see Alshon continue his solid preseason performances. Hopefully a convincing performance by one of the LT and LG takes place so there is no doubt in any of us (Webb & Spencer probably take it). Our third RB battle. How our LB core shapes out and how they each perform (especially Costanzo & if DeCicco makes the roster). Another important storyline is how Steltz and Walters perform at our very thin safety position.

Liked Posts:
Ill be keeping a close eye on Chris Williams. I'm hoping he'l show he's not a total bust and lock down the LT job.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll be watching to see which players chew tobacco on the sidelines.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looking to see if the safeties can tackle without injuring themselves, Oline in general, and what happens with the punting situation.

Lelugas

Liked Posts:
I'd like to see something from Kellen Davis tonight. He needs to step it up this year, but we haven't seen it in the preseason yet.

Also want to see how Major Wright looks tonight. If he can eliminate the catastrophic mistakes in his game, I won't feel as shitty about him starting.