What would it take to be positive about the season

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Pretty unanimously this off season has been looked at as favorable by those on this board, and by NFL analysts. However, there seems to be 2 types of posters here being:
1. Those that think the off season went well and will result in wins
2. Those that think the off season went well but are not quite sold that it will result in more wins

Now just to clarify, I AM NOT LOOKING FOR PREDICTIONS. I don't give a shit what anyone thinks will actually happen in the 2018 season. I am curious as to what it would take for you to consider this off season a success, and for you to be positive about the direction of the team.

We can all agree that 3-13 (or worse) would be a complete failure . . . So what would it take for you to consider this off season a success? Wild card playoff berth? 2nd place in the division? Win the division? 10-6 record?

For me, I want to see 8-8 or better to really consider this off season a success. The defense is largely the same, and they spent a first round pick on Roquan smith. I like the pieces they added on the offense (including in the draft). Pace dropped sitton but I like how they got younger with james Daniels and I am hopeful that Long/Kush will be able to hold 1-2 of the other guard spots down. Regardless, I do expect to be having much more fun watching the Bears play in 2018 now that they will be running a real offense. Should be a fun season knowing Fox is gone and we don't have to sit through Mike Glennon.

So what would it take for you to feel better about the Bears? Lets hear it.

PS - Please do not defer to the growth of Trubisky. We all know that this team will only go as far as the QB will take them, so I would prefer some amount of wins or something else you would want to see happen because all Bears fans want to see Trubisky play well.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Win the first quarter of the season, then the second quarter of the season. After that, win the third quarter of the season, and then the fourth quarter of the season. We'll go from there.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I want to see them in the "in the hunt" category of the playoff outlook right up until the end of the season. If they're 5-8 and virtually eliminated after 13 games, I'll consider that a failure.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I want to see them in the "in the hunt" category of the playoff outlook right up until the end of the season. If they're 5-8 and virtually eliminated after 13 games, I'll consider that a failure.

Interesting outlook. If they are 5-8 after 13 games there are quite a few ways those last 3 games can turn out. I want to see them in the hunt as well but if they finish out the season 8 - 8 with wins in the last 3 games over the Rams, Packers, and 49ers . . . I'll be feeling pretty positive about that.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'd really like to see an 8-8 season and to make noise in the division. I'd like to win at least 2 games, if not 3 in the division.

I'd also like to see Trubisky improving a lot.

Yep.

Minimum 8-8.
Trubiski improvement.
Naggy nneds to look like HC material.
Roquan looks like a game changer.
Better WR play.
Minimum of maintaining the defense level. Hopefully they get better.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I want an offense that the other team has to game plan for.

For Example, I would hope to be able to run all over the teams that are weak against the run. Pass against team that are struggling in the secondary and be balanced against a team that has a well rounded defense.

ADJUSTMENTS - I want to see mid game adjustments to what the defense is doing. Last year was pathetic, we got off the bus running and we finished the game running against 8 and 9 man boxes. AND if we are up in the game I would like to see us continue to be aggressive and not go into "a prevent offense/defense" until it is clear that the game is over.

I am honestly hoping to see defensive dominance against those teams that are struggling offensively.

Record wise I would be ok with 7-9 if we have some of those things mentioned above AND we have some momentum at the end of the season against quality opponents. I'm not expecting us to compete for the division or a wild card berth this year, but if all the things that I mentioned above do happen, it would not surprise me if the season turned out a lot better than 7-9.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I would like to see the birth of an innovative offensive system and legitimize Matt Nagy as a real head coach in the NFL.

That also means installing a decent defensive system as well and giving the Bears an overall identity on both sides of the ball which they have lacked since the mid 80s.

Lovie was a good defensive coach, but had no consistency on the offensive side of the ball, jumping from west coast theories, to Mike Martz, to just giving up with Mike Tice. Fox was consistent on offense, just consistently bad.

I feel that Pace is a good GM who really understands the draft, despite some bad free agent decisions. Couple him with an above average coach and the future will be bright for our Bears.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Naked cheerleaders, free beer and hot dogs and they could 0-16 ... Just kidding. We need to get some football going...Hell! Im psyched for preseason to start.

Oh, BTW, if no cheerleaders or naked ones, and they force me, again, to pay for beer, they need to go 9-7 at least with a playoff birth. No Mierda.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
1.Defense top ten.
2. Trubisky has over 4000 yards passing, 25 TDS, and 12 INTS.
3. 8-8
4. Nagy shows us he can win games and not lose them with stupid or conservative playcalling.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
If we at least make the playoffs, win or lose, I would consider it to be a positive season. I am sick of finding every little tidbit of some stat or numbers that can justify being successful. We need to win. I am not expecting a Super Bowl anytime soon, but at least enough wins to get a Wild Card spot.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What the fuck does it mean to be not "quite sold that it will result in more wins"? Why would anyone be "sold"? Are there psychics on here that can see the future?

I am have hope for this season, yeah. But people that confuse hope or optimism for certainty are fucking idiots. Its just basic reality. You can't tally wins until they actually happen.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
What the fuck does it mean to be not "quite sold that it will result in more wins"? Why would anyone be "sold"? Are there psychics on here that can see the future?

I am have hope for this season, yeah. But people that confuse hope or optimism for certainty are fucking idiots. Its just basic reality. You can't tally wins until they actually happen.

No fucking shit man. I specifically said I don't want any damn predictions so why are you coming in here acting like you have to be miss cleo. Failing to even make a nod at the entire point of the thread. Get out of here with this trash nonsense and go back to the joke making threads then if you don't want to talk about football.

What happened to you man? Are you that down trodden to even answer the simple of question of what it would take for you to feel positive about the Bears? Is it going to require the super bowl for you? Is it going to require zoloft?

Did BAAMF really break your sad pathetic heart that bad? Or was it BAMMF? I don't remember.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Give me one if not two wins against Green Bay.I dont ask for much. Show me better days are coming. and i wont be pissed for buying this 75 inch LQUED fucking tv. I want improvement from my quarterback to my coaching staff. Im sick and tired of being positive about this team.

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
1). Go at least 8-8.
2). Beat the packers.
3). Beat the Lions.

Id call that successful.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
So what would it take for you to consider this off season a success?
This off-season has already been a success.

However; I am guessing that you meant, "What would it take for you to consider this season a success?"

In short, for the 2018 season being a success, the Bears need to show improvement. The offense needs to show that it is tending towards this century. There has to be improvement with Trubisky especially since the offense is being tailored to his skills while it should also be much less predictable.

The offense needs to have 3 solid playmakers on offense by the end of the season. The offensive line needs to have its interior blocking as a strength of the team. Howard's numbers need to improve since it will not be so obvious that the Bears are going to run the ball. Howard's hands need to become at least serviceable. Cohen needs to be on the field a ton more.

The defense needs to show slight improvements. Smith needs to be starting by the end of the season.

Special teams needs to improve dramatically.