What would it take?

Collins77

Liked Posts:
With all the posts for Watson, trade ups, trade downs, one question I didn't really see is "what would it take to get the #1 pick? Now I know its pretty far fetched, but after seeing some of the proposals for Watson it got me thinking. Is it even a possibility? I dont know, or understand the metrics for the trade value. I dont even have an answer myself. So CCS what is a logical trade for 1? Is it worth risking for an unproven QB? Whadda ya think?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If people don't want to discuss a Watson trade because of how unlikely it is, they definitely wont want to talk about this.

Lawrence is one of those once every 1-2 decades type QB prospect in the eyes of many. The Jags desperately need a QB. I dont see any possible way they trade that pick unless theyre trading back 1 or 2 spots for a kings ransom and still being able to get a Fields or Wilson type.

Even if there were a shot, id much rather they put their chips all in on the proven QB because you never know.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
With all the posts for Watson, trade ups, trade downs, one question I didn't really see is "what would it take to get the #1 pick? Now I know its pretty far fetched, but after seeing some of the proposals for Watson it got me thinking. Is it even a possibility? I dont know, or understand the metrics for the trade value. I dont even have an answer myself. So CCS what is a logical trade for 1? Is it worth risking for an unproven QB? Whadda ya think?
There is no logical trade for the #1 pick

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Rams traded two 1st rd picks, two 2nd rd picks and two 3rd rd picks to move up from 16 to 1 in 2016. Just for reference.

But there wasn't a QB sitting in that draft that's as close to being a guaranteed legit franchise QB like there is now.

They won't trade that pick.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
So, which would command more? Trying to get Watson, or the 1st? Due to the Texans cap # they couldn't take on big contracts. Jacksonville on the other hand has cap space, does that make any difference on the trade package? Would a huge player/ pick deal be worth it? Would you take the chance of blowing up the team to get the first? Would any of these three combinations of players ,Mack, Hicks, Fuller, Smith, Johnson and picks get it done? Would the cost outweigh the results? Or nah?

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
So, which would command more? Trying to get Watson, or the 1st? Due to the Texans cap # they couldn't take on big contracts. Jacksonville on the other hand has cap space, does that make any difference on the trade package? Would a huge player/ pick deal be worth it? Would you take the chance of blowing up the team to get the first? Would any of these three combinations of players ,Mack, Hicks, Fuller, Smith, Johnson and picks get it done? Would the cost outweigh the results? Or nah?

You answered your own question. This is a potential deal between Jax and Houston, not the Bears and Houston or Jax.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
More than we can afford pal, Lawrence.