What would you do right now if you were the manager?

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
I would definitely be shaking a lot of things up. Starting with the line up. I would also be walking into Jim Hendry's office and trying to get some things done. Nothing that is getting done is working. The shake up of the line up is one or two people moving and that isn't working. Moving Ramirez between the four and five hole is not shaking things up. My next line up would look more like this.

2B Theriot
SS Castro
RF Fukudome/Colvin
CF Byrd
C Soto
LF Soriano (only cause he is hitting the ball well when he is hitting 6th)
1B Lee
3B Ramirez

But that is me.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Well your second or third step as the new manager should be to figure out that the Fukudome/Colvin decision is an insanely easy one (not an "either-or"), with Fukudome OBPing over .400 and Colvin somewhere around .330

LouCrew Alex

Liked Posts:
i am now dumber for reading this post. that lineup is possibly the worst i've ever seen. and what the hell do you want jim hendry to do? steal other GMs dogs and force them to trade their players? or would you rather he go out and sign washed up bums like john smoltz? seriously i wish i were dead after reading your post.

LouCrew Paul

Liked Posts:
I have to agree with lefty on the Fuk/Colvin debate. However, I give it until mid-June when Fuk is hitting 260 again. Then that debate can start up. But for now it is not a debate. Colvin has been predicted as a fourth outfielder almost since the date that we drafted him.

I also am much stupider... thats right stupider, since reading your line-up. I suggest that you don't suggest anything else! Can you wrap your mind around that? No? I figured...

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
if i was lou right now id fire myself.

Last edited:

grammarita

Liked Posts:
If I Were Manager

Tyler Colvin would play once per week for each outfielder, unless we happened to face a slew of lefties. He'd get valuable experience and chances to show what he can do. The regulars would get that extra day of rest each week. Speaking of rest, don't forget about Starlin Castro. Young doesn't mean invincible. My favorite last decade, Aramis Ramirez, would bat seventh for awhile. Most importantly, I'd suggest to the proper party that the best fundamentals coach in the system be sent to each farm team to spread the proper way to handle every situation. Not every youngster will set the Majors on fire right away, but he should know how to play the game. Oh, and I hate to suggest it, but after one or two more bad appearances, Carlos Zambrano might need to be demoted to long man. If somebody wants him for more than a ham sandwich, I might let him go, assuming much of his salary is picked up. I wouldn't hold my breath, though.

cubsjunkie

mistress
Liked Posts:
LouCrew... dumber? stupider? Really... (Btw, you can't be 'stupider' then someone.. you can only be 'more stupid') Are you trying to be the next Lefty? Bc he's our resident 'your opinion is crap' guy. And I don't think we need any more (no offense Lefty, I have much respect for you & your numbers).

Plus, why is his line up so 'dumb'/'stupid'? Move Rami & Lee to show them that them & their 'I'm-not-buying-Jaramillo' bullshit isn't going to be tolerated. You either start hitting the ball or we'll find a place for you.

I can't see Lou making those line up changes at all but this is the what you would do thread.

bulldog1205

Liked Posts:
I don't have a problem with that lineup, and I agree that Colvin should be starting more (more of a 4 man rotation). I really want Ramirez out of the middle of the lineup. He is killing us by being there. I expect him to bounce back soon, but until he does move him.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I definitely agree that Colvin should be starting more frequently, but if he doesn't, (as much as this hurts to say because he's probably my favorite Cub this year), he should probably go back to Iowa where he can actually get some playing time. Colvin just sitting for games on end and only getting a pinch hit once every few games isn't going to help him grow any. And personally, I'd bring Tracy back up and have Ramirez sit for a week, just to see if that helps any. But as of right now, it sort of seems that he's coming out of his slump a little bit. I guess we'll see.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
1. Theriot - 2B
2. Castro - SS
3. Lee - 1B
4. Byrd - CF
5. Soriano -LF
6. Ramirez - 3B
7. Soto - C
8. Fukudome/Colvin - RF
9. Pitcher

Let me be the GM, too. I would openly shop Fukudome and Lee, and they can be of certain help to a contender. The Yankees inquired about Fukudome, and desperately need a left handed hitting OFer with a solid glove. It's almost too perfect a fit. Lee could garner a top prospect and would be the definition of a rental player. This is his contract year, and he could make some good money, for next year, if he were traded to a contender. That, and we come away with a prospect for the future while that team gets DLee for 3-4 months...