What would you trade for Calvin Johnson?

SouthSida773

Liked Posts:
25utjdg.jpg

The Detroit Lions added Golden Tate from the defending Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks during free agency, and that was it for the team as far as adding another option opposite star wide receiver Calvin Johnson.

Detroit did add tight end Eric Ebron in the first-round of the draft, and now it appears that they could be planning another move that would shock the NFL world.

On Monday morning, a rumor was passed along from the Dan Patrick Show that says the Lions may be considering trading Calvin Johnson. Michael Ginnitt of Sportsrac passed along what he heard.

It would make sense for the Lions to look for some cap relief, but trading one of the best players your franchise has had in recent memory would be a stunning move.

The following is pure speculation, but with two first-round picks in 2015 and a lot of cap space, the Cleveland Browns would be an interesting trade partner for the Lions if they do end up looking to move Johnson from the Motor City.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is that someone just speculating or inside info.......because there is a lot of bad speculation....

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
2015 First Rnder
Marshall or Jeffery
Conditional 2016 pick in the top 1-2 rounds

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
I'd trade a mid-round pick just for them to trade him to an AFC team. Maybe if the Pack, Vikes, and Bears all chip in we can get him moved to the Jags or somesuch nowhere team :)

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
They won trade him and they definitely won't trade him to somewhere that they would have to play twice a year.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I kind of feel bad for Lions fans, they have watched 2 of the all time greats in Sanders and Mega but team success just really escapes them.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He would only count $5,000,000 against this year's cap, so plenty of teams would have room for him.

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
25utjdg.jpg

The Detroit Lions added Golden Tate from the defending Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks during free agency, and that was it for the team as far as adding another option opposite star wide receiver Calvin Johnson.

Detroit did add tight end Eric Ebron in the first-round of the draft, and now it appears that they could be planning another move that would shock the NFL world.

On Monday morning, a rumor was passed along from the Dan Patrick Show that says the Lions may be considering trading Calvin Johnson. Michael Ginnitt of Sportsrac passed along what he heard.

It would make sense for the Lions to look for some cap relief, but trading one of the best players your franchise has had in recent memory would be a stunning move.

The following is pure speculation, but with two first-round picks in 2015 and a lot of cap space, the Cleveland Browns would be an interesting trade partner for the Lions if they do end up looking to move Johnson from the Motor City.

Can he play safety?

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
Man, I hope that Calvin gets super bitchy about this (rightly so IMO, he's been the only thing they have and they did nothing to help him) and now demands a trade.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
2015 First Rnder
Marshall or Jeffery
Conditional 2016 pick in the top 1-2 rounds

I would not trade Jeffery or Marshall.....contract is too attractive for the production

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This seems like something the Patriots would go after.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
He's not what he was.....