What WR 1 do you want in 2023 on the Bears?

What WR should Bears pair with Fields?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Michael Thomas restructure his contract so he's a potential cut or trade candidate. Odell Beckham is still a free agent and still probably healing. Mike Evans could be out with Tom Brady. Tyler Lockett could be traded.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
None of the above. They all have issues and are all older.

Beckham - old and injuries
Evans - old
Hopkins - old, injuries, and PED
Lockett - old
Thomas - injuries, injuries, injuries

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
None of the above. They all have issues and are all older.

Beckham - old and injuries
Evans - old
Hopkins - old, injuries, and PED
Lockett - old
Thomas - injuries, injuries, injuries

Beggars can't be choosers. I'd rather have an old guy than nothing.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopkins would be the obvious choice. Put up good numbers with good and bad QBs. Only has 1 year left on his deal with the Cards. Still only 30 which isn't that old for a top tier WR, has 2 to 3 good years left. The Cards will not contend next year with Murray hurt and will look to trade him. Just depends on what it will take. A 3rd maybe, definitely a 4th. A true number 1 with a top rookie WR in the 1st, along with retooling the oline will change everything for Fields and this offense.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Given a choice, it's Hopkins. Highest special plus skill set ratio. That said, he's older and expensive so not sure the Bear go that way. They'll likely use the draft if they get extra picks and the right guy is there. I've said this isn't a deep WR draft but should correct that since it fine for depth but the top of this draft is not as special as the last few where a 1/2 dozen go on the 1st day. Right now it looks like 3 but more may declare.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Given a choice, it's Hopkins. Highest special plus skill set ratio. That said, he's older and expensive so not sure the Bear go that way. They'll likely use the draft if they get extra picks and the right guy is there. I've said this isn't a deep WR draft but should correct that since it fine for depth but the top of this draft is not as special as the last few where a 1/2 dozen go on the 1st day. Right now it looks like 3 but more may declare.

What is his value? A second round pick is what I keep hearing even at his age.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What is his value? A second round pick is what I keep hearing even at his age.
If it's about money and age, give them Claypool but I'd part with our current 2.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Michael Thomas restructure his contract so he's a potential cut or trade candidate. Odell Beckham is still a free agent and still probably healing. Mike Evans could be out with Tom Brady. Tyler Lockett could be traded.
Get me Keenan Allen!

We need a slot that consistently moves the chains as a safety blanket. Allen is perfect for what Fields needs.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You're absolutely nuts if out of those options you pick Michael Thomas, who has played 10 games in 3 seasons and has 56 receptions in that span. Way too much of a health risk. After spending the 32nd pick on Claypool and a 3rd for Velus, Poles cant afford to fuck around.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I am not sure the focus of this offense will be to have a WR1. though I am also preparing myself for disappointment, so who knows.

This team looks ready to take a committee approach to WRs, but it would surely be special to have a WR who is a threat to get the ball on any down and distance. I dont care that the options listed are old; 2 and 3 years of an old but sure veteran WR who can force defenses to focus away from the backfield is more than enough to get this show on the road.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Bears already have #1 on the roster (just ask him)

He was drafted mid 2nd round and then a 1st was just traded for him.....in case you missed it; he put up 140 yards....in 7 games.

He's gonna ask for #1 ?....pay the man now!

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hopkins for me. Yes, older. Yes, expensive. But that should lower the pick required to get it done. I'd be cool with a 4th, 3rd max. I don't see a better option in the draft or FA if they intend to get immediately better at that position in 2023.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Considering we already used a 2nd rd pick on a receiver last season and it hasn't panned out yet, I want to be patient and avoid using any 1st or 2nd rd picks to trade for receivers. (I would still use one to draft a WR if BPA) Especially any of the above listed that are nearing 30 years old if not there yet. Poles made his decision when he traded for Claypool that he likely wouldn't target anyone else.

I think we will have to settle for a young, budget option with upside this year. Darius Slayton maybe. Unfortunatley, its just how the chips have fallen. There isn't a premium WR worth taking in the top 10 to me. If there was any way to pry DK Metcalf from the Seahawks in an exchange for the #1 pick, I would love too try and make a deal happen. But that is likely the one player off limits for them.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
JSN
Would love Higgins in a trade or even Metcalf, but not sure Poles would pay the premium. The bears have too many holes to give up multiple premium draft picks. Trade down to 10-12, accumulate more picks, and draft JSN.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I honestly see PED’s as a positive, why everyone thinks that’s bad?

Hopefully Braxton goes on some PED’s so he can block the bull rush.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I honestly see PED’s as a positive, why everyone thinks that’s bad?

Hopefully Braxton goes on some PED’s so he can block the bull rush.
They’re all on PEDs. I don’t know why it’s a big deal or something to be randomly penalized for. I’d guess more than 70% of the NFL takes PEDs at some point. Let them juice until their head balloons to a pumpkin and they float out of the stadium.