What WR 1 do you want in 2023 on the Bears?

What WR should Bears pair with Fields?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mecha

Liked Posts:
I think it's been said the Bears have no intentions of competing in 2023. strategically I would hold off on WR this offseason. they already have like 9 of them. work with them and see what the best 3-4 of the lot you can stitch together. I think boosting the offensive line and giving them another year in Getsy's offense will turn out better results. (hoping this is the case with Claypool, but wasn't he like a distant #3 with the Steelers?)

if it doesn't pan out then you hope 2024 has better offerings in the draft or FA.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Beggars can't be choosers. I'd rather have an old guy than nothing.
An old wr is worse than nothing. Of that list, DJ Moore

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
None of the above. They all have issues and are all older.

Beckham - old and injuries
Evans - old
Hopkins - old, injuries, and PED
Lockett - old
Thomas - injuries, injuries, injuries

DJ Moore is 25 years old!

He is the obvious pick and it’s not even close. The kid has been very productive while having trash at QB during his whole career.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopkins would be the obvious choice. Put up good numbers with good and bad QBs. Only has 1 year left on his deal with the Cards. Still only 30 which isn't that old for a top tier WR, has 2 to 3 good years left. The Cards will not contend next year with Murray hurt and will look to trade him. Just depends on what it will take. A 3rd maybe, definitely a 4th. A true number 1 with a top rookie WR in the 1st, along with retooling the oline will change everything for Fields and this offense.
if they dont fix the D line none of this will matter

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
DJ Moore would be great if we could get him in trade down for the #1 pick with the Panthers.

If I'm Poles, I also call about Garrett Wilson or Olave to see if those teams would want to trade to #1.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You're absolutely nuts if out of those options you pick Michael Thomas, who has played 10 games in 3 seasons and has 56 receptions in that span. Way too much of a health risk. After spending the 32nd pick on Claypool and a 3rd for Velus, Poles cant afford to fuck around.
So Mark Bradley or David Terrell then? Remember, him signing Pringle cost the Bears a 4th Round comp pick

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
None of the above. They all have issues and are all older.

Beckham - old and injuries
Evans - old
Hopkins - old, injuries, and PED
Lockett - old
Thomas - injuries, injuries, injuries
Agreed and OBJ is a cancer in the locker room.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You don't sign a number one wide receiver in free agency. Period.

I'll take almost anyone on that list as an upgrade to what we have now but I would not regard any of them as a long-term number one WR.

And I certainly wouldn't pay any of them number one money Iong term (short-term is okay).

I would rather the Bears leverage their first overall pick to trade down and potentially grab the number one wide receiver off of the team they are trading with, and then draft another wide receiver with a day one pick.

99% of the time that's how you get a real number one - you trade for one or you draft one.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
There was talk near the trade deadline that Denver might consider offers for Jerry Jeudy. I don't think they were looking to get back a #1 but obviously, they didn't get an offer good enough to move him. Depending on whether or not we get a 2 rounder in a trade-back scenario, I would call Denver to see what the asking price is. The Bears have already said that they aren't going to pay Claypool in the off-season and it remains to be seen if they offer Mooney an extension. Those 3 receivers have a very complementary set of skills but will only be paid a total of $5.3M in 2023. It may be difficult to keep all of them after next season if they all have great years, but that would be a good problem for the Bears to have. Fields and the Bears need a #1 receiver, and of the 3, Jeudy probably has the best chance of becoming that. Given the lack of quality players on this roster, I don't like the idea of giving up high draft picks, but the Bears have a ton of cap space to fill in the hole

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Dane Sanzenbacher. Bring him back.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I want a #1 who does not get injured and is not old. SOmeone who will be part of this team as the #1 when we're good. DJ Moore is the only on on the list. If not him, then we better draft our #1

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I want a #1 who does not get injured and is not old. SOmeone who will be part of this team as the #1 when we're good. DJ Moore is the only on on the list. If not him, then we better draft our #1
You'll get Al Lizard and you'll fucking like it.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
OBJ cant even follow simple direction on a flight, no thanks