What's the most important thing for the Bears this season?

What's the most important thing for the Bears this season?

• Total voters

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whoever said WINNING should get their head examined. WTF. Winning does not matter this year. They are not going to be much better than 50-50. This is a development year. Fields was basically sabotaged last year. This is essentially his first year. JEEZUS.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Whoever said WINNING should get their head examined. WTF. Winning does not matter this year. They are not going to be much better than 50-50. This is a development year. Fields was basically sabotaged last year. This is essentially his first year. JEEZUS.
calm down please

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
YOu build an entire team, not just part of it. Many want the foucs to be on Fields and the offense. We want to be fighting for the playoffs in 2023 and be a superbowl contender in year 4 and 5 of Field's rookie deal. Having the offense in gear does no good if the defense is going to suck ass. They have a plan this year for the offense and it's not bringing it big names its developing and taeching the young ones thye brought in the the teaching the ones they drafted. TIme will tell on how that works out.

Bust

Liked Posts:

You can say same for guys like Trevor Lawrence (Urban Meyer, lol) and other 1st or 2nd year qb's who have their coaching staff replaced. If guys like Trevor take it to the next level while Justin is still struggling. #uhoh

#noexcuses

Last edited:

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
Interceptions. They went all in on fixing the Def backfield so anything less than 50 INT on the season will be a huge disappointment.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
YOu build an entire team, not just part of it. Many want the foucs to be on Fields and the offense. We want to be fighting for the playoffs in 2023 and be a superbowl contender in year 4 and 5 of Field's rookie deal. Having the offense in gear does no good if the defense is going to suck ass. They have a plan this year for the offense and it's not bringing it big names its developing and taeching the young ones thye brought in the the teaching the ones they drafted. TIme will tell on how that works out.

The defense is going to be awful. It was awful last year and with addition and subtraction they may be treading water going in to the season.
Of course the teams focus is not just on the offense... but I cant imagine there will be much in the way of earth shattering results this season.

However, Nagy sucked sour frog ass in offensive preparation and "scheme" (in quotes because there really wasnt one... just a tossed salad of random plays).

Offseason continuity, extended prep, actual game planning and using the assets you have should enable any functional coach to really show a leap in performance compared to the clusterfuck of 21.

The offense was 27th in points scored last year. If that wasnt mis-management that shows a massive leap forward this year, then this team is in full tear down mode.

The defense... well... that is a train wreck.
They were on the field for 1009 plays.... least in the league. They were 22nd in scoring defense.
They faced the least amount of pass attempts last year.... yet only 2 teams allowed more passing touchdowns.
There is not a ton you can do about that without some big time additions. (they possibly got better in coverage in the draft, arguably worse in front 7, so considering it a wash till we see what is what).

The offense needs to produce extended clock eating drives to keep the defense alive.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I voted #3 - filling out & developing the rest of the roster

...meaning the ENTIRE roster as a whole including but not limited to JUST the offense & Fields. The retooling/rebuild is more than just the O.

Rise

Liked Posts:
You would think after all the pain of being a bears fan it would be unanimous, it’s Fields. They have to get a franchise qb or it’s never going to get better. If he fails it’s back to square one.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You would think that some Bears fans would have a little more confidence in Justin to show improvement on his own regardless of his supporting cast

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
You would think that some Bears fans would have a little more confidence in Justin to show improvement on his own regardless of his supporting cast
Bingo.

It's not that hard to tell the difference between a good QB with shitty weapons. Or when both are shitty.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Bingo.

It's not that hard to tell the difference between a good QB with shitty weapons. Or when both are shitty.

Do you want a good QB with shitty weapons? Is that what you'd like out of the Bears?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Do you want a good QB with shitty weapons? Is that what you'd like out of the Bears?
Of course not. But it's not like you can't tell when a QB misses his guy or fumbles the ball or holds it too long or doesn't run outta bounds...etc.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Of course not. But it's not like you can't tell when a QB misses his guy or fumbles the ball or holds it too long or doesn't run outta bounds...etc.
Fair enough. I agree. Just pointing out that "good QB with shitty weapons" and "bad QB with shitty weapons" don't have to be the Bears' only two options.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Fair enough. I agree. Just pointing out that "good QB with shitty weapons" and "bad QB with shitty weapons" don't have to be the Bears' only two options.
True. But why are we assuming Fields will have bad options this season? I would say the weapons are already better than last year, and he will now have a better offensive system to play in as well.

Does he have a top 5 pass catching corps? No. But it doesn’t have to be elite to not suck. There is a middle ground…

Toast88

Liked Posts:
True. But why are we assuming Fields will have bad options this season? I would say the weapons are already better than last year, and he will now have a better offensive system to play in as well.

Does he have a top 5 pass catching corps? No. But it doesn’t have to be elite to not suck. There is a middle ground…

I'm open to the possibility that Mooney/Pringle/Jones/Kmet could be a better combo than Robinson/Mooney/Kmet/The Gang was last year. I won't summarily dismiss it like some. In terms of the "shitty weapons" comment, I was responding to the premise laid out by these fine gentlemen:

Bingo.