What's their pitch?

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
Clearly Pace and Nagy are good at selling to incompetent NFL ownership and an executive. "Collaboration, all the pieces are in place, did I mention collaboration and being on the same page, synergies, progress, stability, more collaboration, et all".

But how in the F do they have a chance at retaining any talent they have on their staff, let alone attracting any promising talent to join this cluster?

A staff that basically (hopefully at most) has 1 year to prove itself., so no job security. And an inflated roster that doesn't allow key positions to be replaced with playmakers.

I don't think Tony Robbins could sell this shitstorm to anyone who has a triple digit IQ.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't know meatballs were for dinner.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Clearly Pace and Nagy are good at selling to incompetent NFL ownership and an executive. "Collaboration, all the pieces are in place, did I mention collaboration and being on the same page, synergies, progress, stability, more collaboration, et all".

But how in the F do they have a chance at retaining any talent they have on their staff, let alone attracting any promising talent to join this cluster?

A staff that basically (hopefully at most) has 1 year to prove itself., so no job security. And an inflated roster that doesn't allow key positions to be replaced with playmakers.

I don't think Tony Robbins could sell this shitstorm to anyone who has a triple digit IQ.

C0zTUQ2.gif

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
"The other, more attractive jobs are filled now so you can either work for the Bears or take the year off."

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Fools like Georgie and Sweaty are easily swayed.

Professional football coaches are clearly unimpressed though, and that's all that matters.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Beer wether. Beer kulturr and da 85 Beers!

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Beer wether. Beer kulturr and da 85 Beers!

I guarantee that that's (stupidly) a big part of their pitch to people. I guarantee they talk up "charter franchise" and "historic club" all the time, not realizing that 27-year-old players don't give a shit.

Bust

Liked Posts:
There are only handful of nfl jobs is the pitch.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
The Chicago Bears don't measure success by winning football games and championships.

They measure success by ticket sales and merchandise revenue. By their own metrics, they're doing fine. Why would you tamper with that strong success by replacing pieces of a machine that don't need replacement? You think new coaches, etc are free?

The fans obviously love the team's trajectory. Just look at the revenue. We are one of the most successful teams in the league. Sure, we've dropped a little but take COVID into account and the general economy and it's understandable. Besides, they can always raise ticket prices, make a few (overpriced) splashes in free agency to sell more jerseys and they'll hit their target goals.

This team is solidly on course to success, just like the owners say.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
It’s like what Ted said at the press conference

“so what we don’t have a QB. We haven’t won enough games. We basically have nothing whatsoever, but the culture is in place”

Nagy aka Lord Varys is a future Ted talk “be you” subject matter expert. Maybe players want to hear what he has to say

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe they said that contracts and money weren't factors in this decision, but let's be honest, money and contracts are ALWAYS a factor. It may have not been the prevalent factor, but I'm convinced it influenced the decision. Couple that with lost revenue from the pandemic and you've got a foundation for a willingness to be convinced to bring back the regime for another go.

After the money consideration were in the back of their mind, they give two people, Pace and Nagy, who have been reported as being well liked and personable to George, a chance to convince him to keep them on. Already you have bias in two different ways: personability and financial. Pace and Nagy aren't dumb guys even if they've severely underperformed in their roles. They come in and provide stats and perspectives how they weathered a losing streak and didn't unravel the team and promoted a winning culture, "righting the ship," and making necessary changes to facilitate a winning streak. They will both laud their collaboration as a team (knowing George wants them all back) and how they put the good of the team before their egos and did so with integrity (Pace with allowing the benching of Mitch and Nagy with relinquishing play calling). They will cite an upward trajectory of the team from mid-season and utilize the strength of unity and teamwork to overcome the adversity of an unprecedented global event which was utterly disruptive to their plans and systems. Finally, they present their plan moving forward with a focus on the buzz words they already regurgitated during the press conference (which if they were mimicked to the point they were, all were bought in on it).

That's how I envision they sold George - by telling him what he wanted to hear because he was already pulling for them.