Whelp. The Bears are who we thought they were.. (FTO.... and FTP)

Username

Liked Posts:
Did anyone realistically think we were going to win?
I was hoping for better results, but here is how I see it (all optimistic).

Our running game showed life against a very good defense.
Our Defense held the Packers to 3 points in the second half, after giving up 24 in the first half.
We led the game after the first drive, and made a late drive to make it closer.
We sacked Rogers 3 times.
We have more games left this season against more beatable opponents, specifically 3 of the next 4.
We are 1-1 after playing two very good teams.

Maybe I have too optimistic of a look, but I am hoping for improvement too.
I had a chance to put $100 on the Bears because i "had a feeling" but luckily, common sense won the day and I was able to keep my money.

jc456

Liked Posts:
The preseaon and the monsoon game gave us some nice false hope, but against a team with a veteran HoF QB and a good running game, we got to see what we all mostly expected to see...The Bears in year 1 of a total rebuild.

My thoughts -

* The O-Line had solid run blocking for most of the night, but even with that, its obvious on the Justin Fields sacks in pass pro that Mustipher and Borom are just flat overmatched. The thing is - the coaching staff and the GM know this too. Its why Patrick is rotating with Jenkins (he will take over for Mustipher when ready) and why they picked up Alex Leatherwood, who I am going to guess they will slide in as an improvement to Borom as soon as they get him ready (and he's over his Mono). Doesn't mean either of these guys are the long term solution, but I believe the state of the Wide Recievers and the O-Line have more to do with the play calling than any confidence or lack thereof in Fields overall.

* Speaking of Fields, really rough game for him, especially in the first half and at the end of the game. He was trying to do too much instead of letting the game come to him, and it was a regression day for him. But there was a slight bright spot. He did, when given time, deliver a quick timing strike over the middle in the second half that shows he can still learn. Still, as much as there are some here who want to pile on Fields as a bust right now, its still way too early, and they just played a Green Bay team who has a Playoff-ready defense and who knows Getsy's system really well overall. The smart play is for people to treat this like Fields' rookie year. Shit, I never thought Tua would amount to anything and apparently he had himself a day with the Dolphins - developing Fields is going to take more patience than a lot of you have. Try to have it anyway.

* The WRs we have right now are better blockers than WRs. I think this was by design. The GM and staff know they are going to try to win while being severely undermanned compared to other teams. So they are trying to win games on the ground. Which made the reason to abandon the run and some of the shotgun run plays very baffling. Hoping the coaches learn from that.

* Speaking of undermanned, are we glad we didn't pay Roquan Smith yet? In this defense, the Linebackers are the position group primarily in charge of stopping the run, and they have a horrible, horrible night of missed tackle after missed tackle and bad angle after bad angle. Smith and the Colds free agent, Muhammad, were getting run on all night long and didn't even slow the Green Bay running backs down to give the secondary a chance to swarm to the ball carrier. If you want to take away one potential positive from all the negative? I remember when Lovie installed the cover 2 in 2004, and in spots the defense looked just as awful as this for stretches with pro bowl and hall of fame players at the positions. This was 100% because the players were not trusting the guy next to them to mind their gap, and instead came over to "help", which opened up the field and made the defense fall apart. Too early to tell, but lets hope that's all the problem is here, and it will be fixed by the last 4 games of the season.

* Kyler Gordon - welcome to the league rookiee. He showed some good traits but also got his ass torched and was out of position a LOT. Jaylon Johnson he is not, that's for sure. But that said, think when all is said and done, Gordon will be permanently moved to nickel after this season. I think he can thrive and grow there - but I just don't see him as a full time outside corner like Johnson is.

*Conversely, Brisker looks like the real deal. Its hard to call a 2nd round pick "a steal", but he keeps playing like he should have been selected with one of the first 10 picks in the draft. Good on Poles for that one.

Honestly, that's all I can really say with confidence right now. Anything else would just be emotion from being pissed at losing to the Packers again. Trying to look at things objectively, and I really think by this time next year, half of the players on our team will be playing for someone else or out of the league.
Same game different coaching staff. How is it that the Bears can't find one coach willing to prepare his team for football. Again last night, the Packers wanted to smash the bears and the bears looked like they were out for tea!!!!

It isn't logical.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Patience everyone. We have so many rookies and second year players on this team.

Save the evals for the end of the year when we have more info

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Mustipher got blown up in the first half on a few plays in pass pro. Patrick looked solid at guard out there. He's going to replace Mustipher when his hand is 100% healthy.

I agree that he will replace him but mustipher has played better than what most make him out to be.

I hope Patrick is a huge improvement but I’m a little Leary that’ll be that noticeable.

Jenkins outplayed him by a pretty good margin in my opinion.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
It was painfully obvious as to what the Packers were going to do and we had no answers????

The thought that we were going to be 2-0 was going to be tough based on our talent level and the game was still closer than most think even though we got mightily outplayed again in the first half.

All that aside, our passing game is embarrassing.

Teams will play us in nickel all year bc running the ball isn’t enough in todays NFL. The niners got exposed bc they sold out on the run.

48 yards passing is unacceptable in a game we were trailing for most of the time.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Same game different coaching staff. How is it that the Bears can't find one coach willing to prepare his team for football. Again last night, the Packers wanted to smash the bears and the bears looked like they were out for tea!!!!

It isn't logical.

I get how it feels that way, but just understand and remember where we all felt the Bears were at. I think the win against San Francisco made everyone forget that we are a team in year one of a rebuild with a lot of very young talent that likely will not be starting or even on the team if the GM builds this thing right.

I know we're all pissed because it's against Green Bay, but we need to remember this season was never going to be good in the first place.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I agree that he will replace him but mustipher has played better than what most make him out to be.

I hope Patrick is a huge improvement but I’m a little Leary that’ll be that noticeable.

Jenkins outplayed him by a pretty good margin in my opinion.

Jenkins honestly is a fucking beast. A lot of people would look mortal next to him the way he's been playing these past two games.

I don't think Patrick is a pro bowl level player, but I do think he's an above average offensive lineman who showed consistency playing the run and the pass as far as protection goes. Mustapher definitely has improved a lot from where he was, but he still is prone to getting his ass handed to him on pass protection these past two games.

I've heard some people be upset at why Fields doesn't step up in the pocket but that is a huge reason why. Sam either gets blown up or whitehair misses his assignment because he's helping Sam.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Did anyone realistically think we were going to win?
I was hoping for better results, but here is how I see it (all optimistic).

Our running game showed life against a very good defense.
Our Defense held the Packers to 3 points in the second half, after giving up 24 in the first half.
We led the game after the first drive, and made a late drive to make it closer.
We sacked Rogers 3 times.
We have more games left this season against more beatable opponents, specifically 3 of the next 4.
We are 1-1 after playing two very good teams.

Maybe I have too optimistic of a look, but I am hoping for improvement too.

GB didn’t need to score in the second half. They know the Bears can’t so rem and they were never a threat.

That happens a lot to team playing the Bears, they just eat the clock and play safe, so it seems the D improved, but in reality, when they need to score, they do it at will.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
We all knew they were rebuilding and they wouldn’t be any good. But at least start by building up a real system. Show that you are playing something, good playcalling, decision making, etc… 70% or this players will be here after they done rebuilding. Let them learn the system.

But no, not even that, coaches are clueless, and don’t even have a system, plus terrible decisions.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Jenkins honestly is a fucking beast. A lot of people would look mortal next to him the way he's been playing these past two games.

I don't think Patrick is a pro bowl level player, but I do think he's an above average offensive lineman who showed consistency playing the run and the pass as far as protection goes. Mustapher definitely has improved a lot from where he was, but he still is prone to getting his ass handed to him on pass protection these past two games.

I've heard some people be upset at why Fields doesn't step up in the pocket but that is a huge reason why. Sam either gets blown up or whitehair misses his assignment because he's helping Sam.

Great points and I agree.

What’s worrisome to me is that it was obvious since last year that he would be a great guard or a better right tackle than borom but he still got shit all year and even during season has to split time with Patrick.

The whole switch in and out is stupid in my opinion.

They should be showing full faith in Jenkins.

The whole debacle should have been handled much better than it was Which is a really bad sign for this new regime.

Oh, that display of tackling was horrendous and their gap assignment was shitty. Our two other linebackers are horrid and never heard of during the game. Play Sanborn over those two schmucks!

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
I feel like Bears fans might be the dumbest of all fans in any sport. So full of optimism with same results

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
We all knew they were rebuilding and they wouldn’t be any good. But at least start by building up a real system. Show that you are playing something, good playcalling, decision making, etc… 70% or this players will be here after they done rebuilding. Let them learn the system.

But no, not even that, coaches are clueless, and don’t even have a system, plus terrible decisions.
Didn't you ragequit?

TL1961

Liked Posts:

They ran the ball better last night than at any time under Nagy. If they want Fields to survive this year, they will need to be able to run. And they did that pretty well.

Throwing 40 times a game to try and outduel Aaron Rodgers is not a solid plan.

Did we want more than 11 passes? Yeah. But to say they are clueless is clueless.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
They ran the ball better last night than at any time under Nagy. If they want Fields to survive this year, they will need to be able to run. And they did that pretty well.

Throwing 40 times a game to try and outduel Aaron Rodgers is not a solid plan.

Did we want more than 11 passes? Yeah. But to say they are clueless is clueless.
Montgomery had a very good 2020 season under Nagy as well, and actually had a better yard average against GB(9.8 ypc).

I don’t want to outduel Aaron Rodgers, but if running is going to be their system, then it’s all good, if they are trying to build a passing offense along side that, then it’s not. If that’s how they plan to use Fields, they’re clueless. They’re not using him at all, just like Nagy. Almost no roll outs, options, just taking him of the pocket. Etc… i don’t see a system that includes the QB. And since they’re not winning absolutely nothing this year, it would be a great time to learn and try the system, not just keep running to “keep them” in the game

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Yes it’s a rebuild but goes fields supposed to improve in this kind of offense???

Shouldn’t we be practicing that kind of offense so when and if we do get better talent that he won’t be starting from scratch again???

It’ll be like learning a new offense again.

I also think that our head coach’s philosophy against turnovers is a bit old school and it’s been proven that aggressive qb’s and offenses are still better off taking chances.

Interceptions are obviously not the best thing for a team but there’s a difference between luck 6’s on passes to the flat and interceptions on throwing a 50 yard bomb.

I think flus philosophy could hurt fields as he will tend to hold it too long or not take enough chances bc of it

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I feel like Bears fans might be the dumbest of all fans in any sport. So full of optimism with same results

I think the only fan who is dumber than the fan full of optimism is the one who hate-watches. The point of sports is to enjoy watching sports. If a person watches it just so they can bitch all the time, then that person should just find something else to do with their time to make them happier and more fulfilled.

jc456

Liked Posts:
I get how it feels that way, but just understand and remember where we all felt the Bears were at. I think the win against San Francisco made everyone forget that we are a team in year one of a rebuild with a lot of very young talent that likely will not be starting or even on the team if the GM builds this thing right.

I know we're all pissed because it's against Green Bay, but we need to remember this season was never going to be good in the first place.
Not me. The only plus I gave the new guy was the adjustment at halftime against SF, and the weather helped the bears close it out. Not the bears themselves. I never had false hope. This GB game was his test. He failed. He failed miserably. His team was not ready to play. He got scared and puked up a 45 minute stench. Opening drive, spectacular. then absolute boredom like every other bear coach who just has no concept of football motivation.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Patience everyone. We have so many rookies and second year players on this team.

Save the evals for the end of the year when we have more info
oh for fk sake. the same old lame bullshit excuses for yet another what looks like failed coaching staff. pthhh useless.