When did you start doubting the offensive guru?

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
When Jordan Howard left and he started "running his real offense" in 2019. With that he kept straying from play calls and scheme that would have helped the quarterback - regardless of how big of a bust he was.

Between the line blocking for him and the pennsylvanian visor monster calling plays - we're looking at a pretty abominable situation to try and develop a quarterback.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It was building for years. But when he gave up play calling and the Bears averaged over 30 for the next 5 games I was like cool, he gave it up. He lost me 100% when he took the play calling back. That showed insanity. Now here we are with a total mess.
I saw that coming the moment Mitch walked

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
That Packers opener in 2019. solidified in the Raiders game that year.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
2nd half of 2018 made you question his "brilliance" then by the end of 2019 it was obvious this guy hit lightning in a bottle his rookie year and had no ability to coach a team well and adjust.

At this point, week 4 of 2021, you really have to wonder if there's anyone that truly believes in him, including his own self.

He's had so many moments of confirming he's a terrible HC, but yesterday had to be the final nail in the coffin. Not because of his inability to coach, but for his tremendous ability to ruin your #1 prized investment in Fields.
or the 2018 was just good enuff to mask his ineptitude. Like I said before the defensive coordinators for opponents watch all the running and motion and know when all that's done a fukin dumb play will emerge. He does it over and over and fools no one. He has about ten plays and a hundred different ways they can look and no one with a record button is fooled. He consistently uses his players in worst ways he is a fraud. He left KC without touching PM so he gets no credit for that.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Day one! Saw it in him at his introduction.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
From the time first started with the gimmicks in 2018. I remember arguing with guys like Windy and WCBF how those gimmicks were garbage and how he gets too cute on 3rd down. I was never impressed by his playcalling, game or clock management.

greg23

Liked Posts:
It was there in plain sight in 2018

Except he had an all world defense that put points on the board or in immediate scoring position......the offense never really looked smooth or explosive and his decision making was awful from the jump (gb opener to decision in ot vs miami) and everybody just blamed Mitch being young (wait until level 200 offense next year!)

Ever since the playoff loss to Philly he's gotten significantly worse in virtually all areas....esp decison making, adjustments and personnel usage/coaching them up.
(From kicker tryouts to egg tosses to almost going an entire season without scoring a td after halftime last year; to the cringe worthy home office that made him look like a serial killer to his constant recurring word salad BS every time he speaks....WHAT'S THE WHY.....THEY REALLY CARE)

The ineptitude of his offense would have led to the immediate firing of any OC after 2019 and 2020; yet he keeps himself in charge or play calling?

Thankfully yesterday happened and probably opened the eyes of everybody to what a fraud he is and he should be at the end of his rope. However this is the Chicago Bears and I wouldn't be shocked if he was signed to a 5 year extension last night by mgmt.

This is why he'll always be referred to as the......

BHVWGHC

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I held out hope through the 2020 season, but I have evolved to a legit "Nagy must go" fan.

Maybe I'm an infatigable optimist, but I held on to a thin sliver of hope until Sunday, now there is no doubt

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
When Mitch looked immediately better under Lazor.

watch this game called by Lazor (I don't think he is an offensive genius but clearly a better play caller than Nagy)

Look at the QB roll outs, TEs left to block, screens, short immediate route options.....vs what Nagy calls.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Game 1 2019 opener against the Packers. Horrible game plan and play calling. 1 score game most of the time and the football idiot abandoned the run.
Yup. It was obvious from the very beginning.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was in for longer. In 2019 I blamed Mitch (and still think he can't read a defense or throw deeper than 10 yards) for most of the ongoing struggles. In 2020 I developed deeper doubts because he couldn't get it going with Foles. I still even this off-season was willing to give him this season as "put up or shut up" although I wanted Pace fired and would rather have dumped both than kept both.

Now, obviously, I'm out.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My doubts were after we blew the Packers game his first one he coached. He made 0 adjustments in the 2nd half, and I remember telling @Ares I had my doubts about him then.

Officially was done when he made that stupid statement about f not coming here to run the I-Formation even though we did use it we had success.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I started to sour down the stretch in 2018 but was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt being a rookie coach and all.

Then the offseason happened with the 100 year celebration bullshit acting like 2019 was going to be handed to them on a silver platter.... Bubble wrapping the players... Not playing anyone in preseason like it meant nothing.... You could just tell they were setting themselves up to shit the bed. Then week 1 happened and they of course did.

2019 made it painfully clear that Nagy was in over his head and a complete fraud as an "offensive guru".

2020 confirmed it.

2021 is cementing it.

Barring some miracle of events where Nagy pulls his head out of his ass, finds Jesus, and scraps his "scheme" for something his players can actually block up I don't see how he's back next year.

Luke

Liked Posts:
When he said he didn't come here to run the "I" even when they had success with it.
I knew right then and there that he was a stubborn jackass who would never adapt and only do things his way.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was doubting in 2018

Didnt say anything about it here, until Week 2 Sept 15, 2019....that he should relinquish play calling duties

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mine was after the 2018 Eagles playoff collapse . While it was understandable why he was upset with the way we lost, it was the shit he did afterwards that made me cringe. The kickers carousel, the Augusta silence bullshit, his snide shots at players and of course him never improving on his scheme. Fuck Nagy
Doubt was there before that. He was still getting the benefit of that doubt but his refusal to run outside zone for Howard until the end of the year and running the same plays from multiple sets with useless motion gave me some concern. Much better to run different plays from similar sets than the other way around.