When did you start doubting the offensive guru?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
That is the Bears way. They hire scrub coaches that will work for cheap. They got lucky with Lovie, and let him go after a winning season. Of course, instead of going with Arians who wanted the job, the front office went cheap with nerd boy Trestman. That caused Marinelli to leave, and left us with Mel Tucker.

The last coach the Bears spent money on was Wannstedt, and we know how well that turned out.

The media loves to go on and on about our terrible luck with QBs, but we're not that great with head coaches either.

Well my problem with the Bears is they seem to have no parameters for hiring a HC. Right they stumbled onto Smith and Ditka for that matter. There never seems to be a plan.

For me, I'd want a HC candidate with experience and or a proven success i.e. a winning background, proven track record with Qb's, offensive success. Also a guy who will adjust his scheme to the existing talent.
For me, I would've also looked at players turned coach from the '85 Bears. I'd never cut ties with winners.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
2019 when asked by a reporter how he would fix Mitch's footwork issues and he said something to the effect that he doesn't get involved in that type of stuff.

that's another reason why he should be let go

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well my problem with the Bears is they seem to have no parameters for hiring a HC. Right they stumbled onto Smith and Ditka for that matter. There never seems to be a plan.

For me, I'd want a HC candidate with experience and or a proven success i.e. a winning background, proven track record with Qb's, offensive success. Also a guy who will adjust his scheme to the existing talent.
For me, I would've also looked at players turned coach from the '85 Bears. I'd never cut ties with winners.
Winning background, proven track record with QBs, offensive success. Sounds like someone i know. 1632800090993.png

Attachments

• 1632800029959.png
    1632800029959.png
    378.5 KB · Views: 0

WayneK

Liked Posts:
If a immobile pocket passer were back there, it wouldn't have been 9 sacks, it might've been 18 sacks
Bears fan since 1962, worse game I have witnessed. I mean coaching. Pace wont act, he will be fired. If only they owners, George had balls. Remember two/three years ago Mrs. Mscaskey, "pissed"???? Well

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never wavered. Definitely not after Sundays loss.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think I really started to notice it after Trubisky came back from injury when he hurt his shoulder against Minnesota in 2018. Trubisky was not the same. He did not want to run the ball. It seemed like after he got hurt, Nagy was like, "You understand the whys now, so no more running. You're gonna be a pocket guy. I like where we're at."

And the team has just not been the same since. And now that we've cycled through all these QBs, and we still see the same shit over and over again, we know that it's Nagy. Too bad we're too stupid to fire him mid-season.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I knew he was a fraud when they blew a winnable game vs the Chargers in 2019. Running out of I formation worked until the 4th Quarter when the Bald Fraud abandoned it, then he had the offense take a knee on 3rd Down before sending the kicker for a potential GW field goal which that kicker missed. I knew he was Trestman level bad after that game.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I knew he was a fraud when they blew a winnable game vs the Chargers in 2019. Running out of I formation worked until the 4th Quarter when the Bald Fraud abandoned it, then he had the offense take a knee on 3rd Down before sending the kicker for a potential GW field goal which that kicker missed. I knew he was Trestman level bad after that game.
He also doubled down and said he'd do it again. Which is probably fine if you take a knee at the 5 yard line. But he moved Pineiro back into a 40+ yard field goal with that kneel down.

We also had time to run another play or 2 and spike it, and Montgomery had like 130 yards. But Nagy was afraid to lose 5 yards, so he decided that losing 3 was better.

I raged so hard about that. Lol. Still the same dumb ass. Fuck Nagy. I'll crack open a bottle of something and celebrate the day we fire him.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
29th in offence 2019
26th in offence 2020
32nd in offence 2021

I started to doubt him when the facts pointed out he was shit. They keep doing it.

I can’t see how he gets a job as an OC anywhere based on his numbers in Chicago, let alone a HC job.

Last edited:

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like many others here it was the 2019 opener against GB when he refused to run even though passing the ball was getting the team nowhere!!! The D was balling that game too. Holding AR down is never an easy task and all that effort for nothing.

But my “come to Jesus” was when he announced he was taking back play calling last year as the team was gearing up for a possible playoff push. Like WTF? If you can’t look in the mirror and tell yourself your not good at something then you are a very weak person.

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
It was building for years. But when he gave up play calling and the Bears averaged over 30 for the next 5 games I was like cool, he gave it up. He lost me 100% when he took the play calling back. That showed insanity. Now here we are with a total mess.
That was when he should have been fired. I was pretty low on him well before then.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
29th in offence 2019
26th in offence 2020
32nd in offence 2021

I started to doubt him when the facts pointed out he was shit. They keep doing it.

I can’t see how he gets a job as an OC anywhere based on his numbers in Chicago, let alone a HC job.

Well his offense is very " complex" so it'll take a few more yrs to learn it and be at 100%

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My doubts were after we blew the Packers game his first one he coached. He made 0 adjustments in the 2nd half, and I remember telling @Ares I had my doubts about him then.

Officially was done when he made that stupid statement about f not coming here to run the I-Formation even though we did use it we had success.

Honestly, Idgaf what his offensive identity ends up being.

But the mfer needs to look at what he has, and pick a fucking lane.

Idk who reported about how the rummors around the NFL are saying Nagy has just like 6 overall plays, and everyone knows what they are and more/less how to stop them assuming they guess right.

Even if this is true.... those 6 plays, as reported, are just a random assortment of formations and plays.

And even within that random assortment, at no point does Nagy appear to be implementing tactics to carry out a strategy, such as power run, finesse run, dink-and-dunk, intermediate passing, screen game, deep passing, play action passing.

Like the most basic we all know, is power run or just run heavy, which then sets up play action.

If one can run the ball successfully and force the defense to crowd the box, then play action can offer you a variety of advantages on anything from screens, to deep balls.

I've seen Monty run the ball for 10+ yards, but it never means anything... Nagy never repeats it soon enough nor often enough to manipulate his opponents into shifting their tactics to something he can exploit.

His offense really is just a random assortment of formations and plays that he personally thinks will work well if he can disguise each of his base plays enough.

But few of his plays actually seem to work, so either the plays suck or the disguises suck or both.

He should have accepted his role as the HC overseeing Lazor's implementation of his offensive doctrines.