When Nagy was hired he said.....

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
....that He liked Trubisky no.1 in 2017?

I don't think he actually believed that at all, but had to say so because....ya know..he's inheriting Trubisky.

That said...IF you believe he meant that....do you trust him and Pace to draft another QB?

IF you don't beleive that, does Nagy deserve a change to see how things go with a QB he really does like?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Just be happy Veach convinced Dorsey and Reid to draft Mahomes. Picking QBs is a tough racket.

It worked out in spectacular fashion for your team. I’m willing to bet a number of your fans were freaking out about trading up for Mahomes.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm sure plenty of coaches, scouts, and draftniks liked trubisky as their #1

Just because a player develops into trash doesn't mean they were never a good prospect. Thats literally why the scouting process exists.

After that its all coaching and development.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't recall Nagy ever saying that, Link? Easy enough to assume he thought Mitch had potential but beyond that, I'd like to see a quote.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Just be happy Veach convinced Dorsey and Reid to draft Mahomes. Picking QBs is a tough racket.

It worked out in spectacular fashion for your team. I’m willing to bet a number of your fans were freaking out about trading up for Mahomes.

If trading up didn't work for them, and mahomes turned out like mitch, that fan base would be flipping out like crazy.

Mahomes was basically like taking a better version of Jordan Love with a top 10 pick, and trading up to do so by giving up next years 1st and this years 2nd(I believe). No one was talking about Mahomes being a top 10 pick, shit, most had him as a borderline first rounder.

It was a risky, ballsy move, and it worked.

There is always risk involved in the draft.

People seem to forget the year prior that the chiefs tried to trade up to draft paxton lynch, and failed. Boy, what a change that story would have been.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm sure plenty of coaches, scouts, and draftniks liked trubisky as their #1

Just because a player develops into trash doesn't mean they were never a good prospect. Thats literally why the scouting process exists.

After that its all coaching and development.
What? Was Andy Reid a bad QB coach when he drafted Kevin Kolb at 36?

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:

This is true.....I think MOST Chiefs fans thought when they moved up, it was for Watson. The Watson people were pissed off it wasn't him. Half the fan base as a whole still loved Alex Smith and were pissed we traded up for any QB. There were some...maybe 15% of the fan base that really liked Mahomes and were stoked about the pick at the time.

If trading up didn't work for them, and mahomes turned out like mitch, that fan base would be flipping out like crazy.

Mahomes was basically like taking a better version of Jordan Love with a top 10 pick, and trading up to do so by giving up next years 1st and this years 2nd(I believe). No one was talking about Mahomes being a top 10 pick, shit, most had him as a borderline first rounder.

It was a risky, ballsy move, and it worked.

There is always risk involved in the draft.

People seem to forget the year prior that the chiefs tried to trade up to draft paxton lynch, and failed. Boy, what a change that story would have been.

LOL....totally 100% true. KC DID try and move up for Lynch in 2016. Goodell actually saved us (KC) from ourselves....right before that draft, KC was convicted by Judge Goodell of tampering with Jeremy Maclin. KC was fined 250K and stripped of our 3rd and 6th round draft choices in the 2016 Draft.

KC was picking 28th that year. Devner was at 31. Denver, Dallas and KC were trying to move up for Lynch. KC only would have needed to go up 2 spots from 28 to 26, but couldn't out bid Denver. Denver gave up 31 and 94 to move up to 26. KC didn't have a third round choice due to the tampering..that pick would have been pick 91. KC WOULD HAVE been able to win that bidding if they had the third rounder.

Instead, KC ended up trading out of 28, back to 37 and picked Chris Jones....and with another of those picks got Parker Ehigner, G...who started for a bit before injury....he was later traded to the Cowboys for CB Charvarious Ward...who is a starter at CB for us........and then in 2017, still hunting for a QB....KC traded up and got Mahomes.

Amazing how that all worked......one of those butterfly sneezes in china kind of things.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I don't think he actually believed that at all, but had to say so because....ya know..he's inheriting Trubisky.

That said...IF you believe he meant that....do you trust him and Pace to draft another QB?

IF you don't beleive that, does Nagy deserve a change to see how things go with a QB he really does like?

The beat writers here in Chicago have been all over this and have verified with people with the Chiefs that Nagy had Mahomes ranked as his #1 QB coming out that year.

Surprising, as a Chiefs fan I would think you would know this as you know Veach (Mahomes #1 advocate) and Nagy are bff’s.

So yes, I am very comfortable with allowing Nagy to hand pick the Bears next QB in the draft.

Since Veach has his HOF level QB, I am sure he wouldn’t hold back and give his honest assessment as well. :)

Last edited:

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

Well the way that I see this is, he certainly knew he was getting Mitchell when he agreed to be the head coach here. Whether or not he was his favorite prospect as a QB at the time of draft, he still logged in and signed up for at least three years of him. I would think that someone being offered a head coach would consider that very seriously considering how quickly you can go from adored to fired in the league. Also, he knew at the time of accepting the job that it could easily hinge on how far he took the team during that rookie contract.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
Have you ever told a chick I love you just to get that pussy? If so you might understand what naggy is saying

What kinda ass backwards simp shit is this?

Real men follow the Dennis system.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

Nagys system blows because its stupid and predictable and needs an offensive line that can pass protect 45+ times a game.

Nagy might not be a good fit if he doesnt adjust to his team.

No QB will fix the line or the run game or the play calling.