When will the Bears be a complete team and be able to make a playoff run?

schmidie08

Liked Posts:
I was thinking of how the team is rebuilding this year, and having a lot of cap room next year to bring in young, but inexperienced players next year. I'm thinking next year at the earliest. Thoughts?

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Probably ~3-4 years.

Because it’s the bears, expect the defense to be the priority for prime assets like higher draft picks and free agents, and they should be top flight/top 1-3 in the league to keep a bottom 1/3 offense in games by then.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
The sad thing is whenever they do make the playoffs it's so catching lightening in a bottle lucky that they can never do it consistently.
And we the fans sustain off of that one lucky season for the next 7-8 years... sad af.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Before it started it looked like a 3 year rebuild.

It still does but its only been 2 weeks. I'm curious to see Poles decision making and draft strategy in a couple years when they hopefully dont have a roster that says "you can literally take any position and it would make total sense."

I guess the Ryan Pace 10 year rebuild is still a work in progress.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Next year guaranteed (wildcard). Fight me.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was thinking of how the team is rebuilding this year, and having a lot of cap room next year to bring in young, but inexperienced players next year. I'm thinking next year at the earliest. Thoughts?
Correct.

Full off-season.
Another draft.
Huge capital spending spree to mold team for Gase long term.

No reason they can’t have dramatic improvement.

He will give Eberflus a chance to be the guy but I hope not draft too specifically for scheme.

He needs to think long term and about the coach he will bring to Arlington. But first stock pile roster value.

Then call Sean Payton or Jim.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It don't matter how much money you have, if the right players don't come to the Bears it will be a problem. You might have made a bit of bad Press with F/A's with the Roquan Smith deal with players so far. I don't know how big an issue it was, but I'll give a big example with the Bulls

Yeah, it was unlikely they were going to get Lebron with his rumored demands of wanted Wade and Bosh to join the team with the whole Heat thing, but I remember the times Pax COULD make a move to get a big player, no one wanted to play in Chicago, not really. so you were looking with players going to ask themselves, do I want to play for the Bears? You'd hope the answer is yes. And don't give me all the glory and history of the Bears, seriously, we are about to go 4 decades without a title, and could be two since we've been to the Superbowl. Yes, other teams have it worse, but if you want to have great history, this is not on your resume as a franchise.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
It's going to take nothing short of 3 full drafts. (So 2025.)

Keep in mind, Whitehair will make way too much money to keep next year. Braxton looks like a depth guy at this point. You'll need a real center and a replacement at LG soon. Plus RT is a question mark too.

We haven't even touched the d-line or if Fields busts out of the league. Poles has an almost impossible task ahead.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I'm hoping the Bears bottom out this year, get a top 5 pick, grab either the top OT or WR available and start laying the real foundation next year. In the second round, take the other position. Go offense heavy in the draft. For 2022, I'm hoping to be picking 6-10th. Then in 2023, I expect them to be in contention for the playoffs and 2024 to be when the team is actually good. Just because the Bears have a shit ton of cap room doesn't mean I want them to be stupid aggressive in free agency. Build it right, suck the next 2 years and get the foundational pieces.

Sevendaymelee

Liked Posts:
Whenever they finally get someone who can draft and evaluate talent correctly. In order to get to where you want them to be, they've got to get an elite QB. Without one, it's just not going to happen in today's game.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I forgot to mention, the only thing that would change my timeline is if the Bears trade for Lamar Jackson after the season. It sounds insane to say but the Ravens clearly don't want to pay at today's QB price, so it's likely they won't want to pay it after the season either. Sure they can franchise him for 2 years but who knows, maybe they're content with Huntley, getting the Bears next bazillion picks and moving on, stranger things have happened.

Sevendaymelee

Liked Posts:
I forgot to mention, the only thing that would change my timeline is if the Bears trade for Lamar Jackson after the season. It sounds insane to say but the Ravens clearly don't want to pay at today's QB price, so it's likely they won't want to pay it after the season either. Sure they can franchise him for 2 years but who knows, maybe they're content with Huntley, getting the Bears next bazillion picks and moving on, stranger things have happened.
Why would you want him? He's a run-first QB who can't win playoff games, because it's too easy to scheme against him. If you got him, nothing much would change. We might sniff the playoffs more regularly, but we wouldn't win anything. If you want to win a Super Bowl, you've got to get pass-first QB, someone who can pick teams apart with their mind/arm without having to rely on their legs. That is not Jackson. Jackson is basically just a modern Vick. Fun to watch, but that's about it.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
If our guys play up to their potential? We need to improve the line even more, we need two receivers that are going to fight to get open, and a tight end that can catch. On defense, we need a 3T and to keep overhauling the LB corps.

Thank goodness our GM isnt high on his own farts. The Bears have a full compliment of draft picks next year, and a lot of money to spend.