Where do you rank David Montgomery at RB?

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
Monty had the longest run from scrimmage for the Bears in the past 32 years.
That's over 500 games, he's fast enuff.
Just saying.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
His 2020 season is literally top 5 RB production.

1070 - Rushing Yards (5th)
438 - Receiving Yards (4th)
1508 - All Purpose Yard (4th)
I like Montgomery, but just to play devil's advocate, most of his production came against some truly terrible defenses.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He is in 11-15 range. He lacks breakaway speed and a OL but I see him as a slower Forte. I know I'll get flak for that comparison
Both relied heavily on a jump cut.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like Montgomery, but just to play devil's advocate, most of his production came against some truly terrible defenses.
Works like that for all of them. It's like when people say, ''if you take away his long run, his average is...".

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You guys are haters David Montgomery is 100% in the top 10, back half, but he's in there.
Lets list the names.

A.Kamara
CMC
S.Barkley
E.Elliott
D.Cook
D.Henry
N.Chubb, K.Hunt
J.Jacobs
A.Ekeler
A.Jones
J.Mixon
C.Carson

Some rookies that made great impressions last year.
C.Akers
M.Sanders
C.Edwards Helaire
James Robinson
Jonathan Taylor
JK Dobbins
Antonio Gibson
D.Swift

The NFL is actually loaded with great RB's right now and that's a very impressive rookie class from last year.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Lets list the names.

A.Kamara
CMC
S.Barkley
E.Elliott
D.Cook
D.Henry
N.Chubb, K.Hunt
J.Jacobs
A.Ekeler
A.Jones
J.Mixon
C.Carson

Some rookies that made great impressions last year.
C.Akers
M.Sanders
C.Edwards Helaire
James Robinson
Jonathan Taylor
JK Dobbins
Antonio Gibson
D.Swift

The NFL is actually loaded with great RB's right now and that's a very impressive rookie class from last year.
Mixon, Jacobs, Ekeler, Chris Carson (I mean come on, really), Kareem Hunt are NOT better than Montgomery.

Idk why you guys are ableist and hate on RBs just because they're not fast, jesus you guys are in love with dumb measurables. Everyone is saying Monty "is ok," because he can't run a 9.6 100M. Ok, whatever.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Mixon, Jacobs, Ekeler, Chris Carson (I mean come on, really), Kareem Hunt are NOT better than Montgomery.

Idk why you guys are ableist and hate on RBs just because they're not fast, jesus you guys are in love with dumb measurables. Everyone is saying Monty "is ok," because he can't run a 9.6 100M. Ok, whatever.
First of all calm down for me and remember all i said i was doing was listing the names of the RB's in the NFL and never had any order set or said they were all better than Monty, which i don't think they all are and would take Monty over Mixon and Carson. Some of these guys are just totally different type RB's than what Monty is but are still very good at being the starting RB for their teams.

Jacobs and Ekeler are absolutely legit starting RB's. I think Jacobs is a good one to use as a comparison for Monty but is probably a little faster, not much but a little.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He was 5th in total yards last year behind a mutt line and crappy play calling. How does that make him 11-15? Get a clue.
Because he lacks really special qualities. No break away speed, doesn't make everyone miss, isn't mowing down dudes etc. Me putting him in that range isn't a knock on him so relax

Caveroamer

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
to play devil's advocate to your devil's advocate, those were the only defenses our o-line could open up running lanes against.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
LOL, strong is the kool-aid flow in this thread.

He is an average starting NFL RB, nothing more and nothing less. No stats, I arrived at my conclusion purely based on what I saw on the field

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:

IDK if its just a speed thing

David Montgomery sounds like an insurance salesman, maybe its that. Maybe PTSD? Seeing a Bears RB in 32 may trigger some light contact, fall on face memories.

Or maybe its because hes just a plain cheese pizza. Its not bad, but give me some extra cheese and some Italian meats on it instead.