Where should CNM move to?

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any of those are very nice. I've got family in Naperville, Downers Grove and Wheaton so I've seen a lot of those cities. Wheaton can get pretty pricey, but Naperville and Downers Grove can be more affordable. Not really any high crime areas to speak of either, so that's a definite plus.

Yeah I was looking at Wheaton and noticing that trend.. So its probably out of the picture..

Def a plus to not have those issues.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Morris.

SW of Joliet.

Ah OK. Not a bad little town from what I've heard. I think one of my cousins gets a lot of his vegetables from there.

DuPage is especially nice if you're into nature and golf. They have some great courses and really cool park/nature areas. The proximity to the city and shopping, restaurants, etc. is hard to beat as well.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Dubuque, Iowa :smug:

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ah OK. Not a bad little town from what I've heard. I think one of my cousins gets a lot of his vegetables from there.

DuPage is especially nice if you're into nature and golf. They have some great courses and really cool park/nature areas. The proximity to the city and shopping, restaurants, etc. is hard to beat as well.

Yeah thats the issue its a little town.. I have to drive over towards Joliet for work.. and I hate that area..

Yeah I know.. I've driven up around Batavia, Geneva, St Charles, West Chi, Wheaton and I do really like the area..

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dubuque, Iowa :smug:

Here's the problem..

Iowa.

I'd rather go find a
gun.jpg

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I went to the speedway when I was like 9 lol.

Cool. Joliet still kinda blows though :)

Rudy would disagree. Haha

But anyway, if you get closer to a decision and want more info, I could ask some family members about any area in DuPage you might be considering. One of my uncles has a real estate license and he has sold homes in the past. Not sure how recently because of his first job, but I could definitely check for you.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rudy would disagree. Haha

But anyway, if you get closer to a decision and want more info, I could ask some family members about any area in DuPage you might be considering. One of my uncles has a real estate license and he has sold homes in the past. Not sure how recently because of his first job, but I could definitely check for you.

Sweet..

Over the next few weeks I'll be driving up in that area talking to some places about work

Once I had something in place I'll prolly have to commute from Morris for a little while.. then I can move up.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Most of the Western Burbs are fine. Elmhurst, Lombard, Downers, Glen Ellyn, Wheaton, Geneva, St. Charles, Bloomingdale, Carol Stream (Though you'll hate their police department)...Any of them are fine. West Chicago would be fine too.

There's plenty of manufacturing and logistics companies in Lombard/Addison/Carol Stream.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was going to suggest you move to Schaumburg and get a job at IKEA so you can let me abuse your employee discount, but I actually don't know what kind of job you want :lol:

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was going to suggest you move to Schaumburg and get a job at IKEA so you can let me abuse your employee discount, but I actually don't know what kind of job you want :lol:

That's where I live :bizarro:

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Damn. I love IKEA.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most of the Western Burbs are fine. Elmhurst, Lombard, Downers, Glen Ellyn, Wheaton, Geneva, St. Charles, Bloomingdale, Carol Stream (Though you'll hate their police department)...Any of them are fine. West Chicago would be fine too.

There's plenty of manufacturing and logistics companies in Lombard/Addison/Carol Stream.

Yeah I just kept coming up with more and more places to check the more I looked online..

I almost got to notice the Carol Stream popo a few years ago.. lol. Bastards.