Where would be your Stateside/Overseas place to live ?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Are you talking like the Seattle area?
Yes. I've been to Seattle and Portland. Portland itself was a little too weird for me and way way too many homeless 20 somethings. My attraction to the region started with a family vacation when I was 12. I liked the idea of it never really getting that hot there (though recent summers have been hotter than here), and yes it rained a lot, but that never bothered me much.
I have been a suburbanite all my life, and would probably continue that if I ever moved. I just love the idea of being able to have access to a city and mountains, compared to mostly flat land Illinois now.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes. I've been to Seattle and Portland. Portland itself was a little too weird for me and way way too many homeless 20 somethings. My attraction to the region started with a family vacation when I was 12. I liked the idea of it never really getting that hot there (though recent summers have been hotter than here), and yes it rained a lot, but that never bothered me much.
I have been a suburbanite all my life, and would probably continue that if I ever moved. I just love the idea of being able to have access to a city and mountains, compared to mostly flat land Illinois now.
I can totally relate to that .

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a couple of quarter sections in Northern Alberta Peace River area Lou. You'd have to build your own home though, and your kids would have to bus to Grande Prairie in -45 C for an hour for school in the winter. But low taxes, no provincial sales tax, and a good mix of rednecks and yobbos.

But, Canada so ...
I've always wanted ta go there i hear its amazing plus aint that like where those letter kenny mfs are from i feel like we could be buds and would hit it off

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you talking like the Seattle area?

I ended up living in Seattle when I was just 18. I loved the mix of Big City & Big Country it had to offer. Being from the very flat Midwest, I was always blown away with having something like Mount Rainier literally right there.

Once Microsoft really took off in the mid 90s...I got priced out and moved on.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a couple of quarter sections in Northern Alberta Peace River area Lou. You'd have to build your own home though, and your kids would have to bus to Grande Prairie in -45 C for an hour for school in the winter. But low taxes, no provincial sales tax, and a good mix of rednecks and yobbos.

But, Canada so ...
I can fit in the redneck lifestyle, you know that @Xuder O'Clam , after what i have posted, lol. Love them Cunucks

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
You know Jamais Vu, that's why you're my favorite moderator, you're so logical. Yes tsunami, build rebuild head to the hills. The province wifes from is pretty nice from what on see on you tube videos. It's definitely an option, however there are some places in the Philippines, you want to stay away from .
Better not be toking any reefer over there. They are killing druggies these days.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Barf. Colorado Springs is the Florida of Colorado. Real estate definitely cheaper than Metro Denver. If you ever move out, let me know.
If I were going back to Colorado I would probably stay away from Denver metro and go more for like Durango, Ft Collins, or if I felt like really getting away Grand Lake.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Barf. Colorado Springs is the Florida of Colorado. Real estate definitely cheaper than Metro Denver. If you ever move out, let me know.
Got it.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
England/Scotland is on the bucket list for places i would like to visit. And Ireland.
When we went to England I had this feeling the whole 2 weeks that I had always been there before. It was so comforting

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Better not be toking any reefer over there. They are killing druggies these days.
O'h you aint'a kiddin. I dont want to be Duarte's sights. Wife say's he's doing a good job , lol.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When we went to England I had this feeling the whole 2 weeks that I had always been there before. It was so comforting
You mean like reincarnation stuff? Thats deep chit right there . lol

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You mean like reincarnation stuff? Thats deep chit right there . lol
Yeah I’m not sure. It just felt like I had always been there. Nothing seemed like it wasn’t comfortable. L

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
One of the companies I do a lot of work with is in Hood River. I'd love to spend half the year there, and the other half (winter) in Florida. I could totally do it, but it would be disruptive on the kid end of things. Maybe when my daughter has graduated, but that's like 5 years away. Who knows what I'll be up to by then.