Which QB is a Bust? Pick 2...

Pick 2...

• Total voters

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well the same people I unblocked for Cutler and then had to instantly reblock for Trubisky are not getting another chance.
Aka i'm too big of a homer to have an honest discussion with about bad Bears QBs.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
These results look so realistic and unbiased. It adds so much credibility to this message board as a whole.

Last edited:

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow, 0 bust votes so far for Fields... Where's the CCS racists and Michigan fans hiding today?? Probably because the votes are public, huh...

I was just thinking: "Do I need to be the first?"

1.) The Bears have not had any real sustained success with quarterbacks they have drafted since the 1940s...so odds are heavily stacked in the "Bust" favor.

2.) I am incredibly prejudiced against Big Ten QBs. It's been Drew Brees and a lot "MEH!" the last two decades. Ohio State has been especially dismal.

3.) This pick was made by Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy...two men I lost a ton of faith in this past year or so.

All that said, I keep looking at Fields play since the draft and I get why everyone is in Football Bliss this week. He checks so many boxes this town has been missing literally my entire life.

So I really think this could be the blind squirrel finding that nut, but the reality is he still has a high bust percentage based on history alone.

Signed,

-Captain Bringdown

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I was just thinking: "Do I need to be the first?"

1.) The Bears have not had any real sustained success with quarterbacks they have drafted since the 1940s...so odds are heavily stacked in the "Bust" favor.

2.) I am incredibly prejudiced against Big Ten QBs. It's been Drew Brees and a lot "MEH!" the last two decades. Ohio State has been especially dismal.

3.) This pick was made by Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy...two men I lost a ton of faith in this past year or so.

All that said, I keep looking at Fields play since the draft and I get why everyone is in Football Bliss this week. He checks so many boxes this town has been missing literally my entire life.

So I really think this could be the blind squirrel findings that nut, but the reality is he still has a high bust percentage based on history alone.

Signed,

-Captain Bringdown
Russell Wilson is HOF Big Ten QB, and Cousins has been good. But overall, yep.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Russell Wilson is HOF Big Ten QB, and Cousins has been good. But overall, yep.

Yeah, but even Wilson only played that final year in the Big 10...so it's borderline.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see any of them as likely "busts".

Z Wilson will need help that he may not find with NYJ.
Mac might take a bit longer to develop and with a lower ceiling than many thought.

I do wish em all the best...except maybe the Pats. They've been spoiled for too long.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Lawrence is more likely to "bust" because I don't think he reaches the Peyton Manning like expectations people have on the guy. I think he'll be a good QB at the next level, but I just don't think he's at that Peyton Manning level.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think Lawrence is more likely to "bust" because I don't think he reaches the Peyton Manning like expectations people have on the guy. I think he'll be a good QB at the next level, but I just don't think he's at that Peyton Manning level.

I'm not sure any of these guys will bust, tbh. All 4 of the guys at the top are special talents. Mac Jones is probably the most nfl ready but I expect him to be just okay.

Like you said, I won't be shocked if Lawrence fails to meet expectations. A lot of being an nfl qb is the situation you get drafted to. Fields has a luxury of talent around him, more than any of those top 5. He should have the easiest path to success, hopefully.

Kmet, Graham, Monty, Cohen, Damien, Arob, Mooney, Miller(If he's here still) are all legit nfl players.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I picked Zach Wilson and Mac Jones

i would have picked lance but I’m going to give shanahan the benefit of the doubt

msadows

Liked Posts:
I picked Zach Wilson and Mac Jones

i would have picked lance but I’m going to give shanahan the benefit of the doubt

I picked fields just to piss you off.

I picked lance because I think he's the least nfl ready of any of these 5 guys by a wide wide margin.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I picked fields just to piss you off.

I picked lance because I think he's the least nfl ready of any of these 5 guys by a wide wide margin.
Why would it piss me off lol be you bra

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They 'went to the playoffs' on the back(s) of Vic Fangio and a defense that was in its prime and "stumbled into" the playoffs last year. The only thing Mitch had to with Playoffs is playing in each game and shitting himself in each game.
That is exactly my point this team went to the playoff despite have the most important position on the team was bottom of the league at his position. Now imagine if we replaced that position with a top 10 player, playing the most important position. Fields make us an immediate playoff team.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears got into the playoffs last year because the league expanded the bracket and were extremely luck to get to even 8 wins. A clown show in the wild card game and quickly bounced. The Bears didn't earn their spot, backed in on a couple of losses by other teams. I think AD will make them better along with changes up front but the defense is going to take another step back.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think him simply because there was reports he's kind of a spoiled brat like manziel was. If things go wrong, that market could tear him apart
Fields and Lawrence were the safest selections.

Last edited:

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
He and Lawrence are the safest selections.
I think Wilson and Lance. Assuming you mean safest selections to bust? Lance simply because of who he is as a player. He is in a great situation to succeed, but I don't think anyone can confidently say he is a good qb.

Lawrence I think is a safe bet to be pretty good. Will he live up to the hype around him? Idk, but I think he will undoubtedly be a good player

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bears got into the playoffs last year because the league expanded the bracket and were extremely luck to get to even 8 wins. A clown show in the wild card game and quickly bounced. The Bears didn't earn their spot, backed in on a couple of losses by other teams. I think AD will make them better along with changes up front but the defense is going to take another step back.
Really thought that scenario screwed our draft opportunities but... :love:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Wilson and Lance. Assuming you mean safest selections to bust? Lance simply because of who he is as a player. He is in a great situation to succeed, but I don't think anyone can confidently say he is a good qb.

Lawrence I think is a safe bet to be pretty good. Will he live up to the hype around him? Idk, but I think he will undoubtedly be a good player
No, I meant safest overall. I'm not disagreeing with you.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

Paganos gone. Goldman’s back. There’s only one hole on defense. Noones sure what Desai/Pettine are going to do, but I doubt it gets worse on that side of the ball.. The Lions for instance averaged 26ppg and almost 500yds against the bears. There’s room for improvement.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We know people won't pick Fields, but I feel Lance has the top chance to be a bust, simply off just a feeling I got...