My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Sure there are.

QB's are hard to find, good qb's even harder. There are some very good QB prospects in this draft.

I'd rather trade two firsts for Wilson solely for the fact you get some serious cap relief to build around him.

That being said, I doubt any of those above options happen(With #5(mac Jones) being the most realistic, although I don't think it will take a 1st/2nd to get him, maybe 1st/3rd.)
You trade 2 first for Wilson means you are trading away a #20 and quite possibly a top 5 pick in 2022 for cap relief.

This draft reminds me of the 1990, 1991, 1992,1993,1994,1995,1996,1997,1999,2000, 2001,2002....just to name a couple

Kinda has that David Carr -Joey Harrington vibe

Throwthebones

Liked Posts:
I am telling you that it is going to be something crazy like brissett to a 1 year and draft ridder or mond in mid draft form.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You trade 2 first for Wilson means you are trading away a #20 and quite possibly a top 5 pick in 2022 for cap relief.

This draft reminds me of the 1990, 1991, 1992,1993,1994,1995,1996,1997,1999,2000, 2001,2002....just to name a couple

So you think Watson makes us that much worse next year? Moot anyway. No way Watson is a bear for 2 1's . Our 2 1sts doesn't buy us a top 5 pick in this draft.

This year's Jets or Miami's 1st is worth more than our next 2 #1s, this and next year.

Lots of dreamers on this board. The Jets or Miami's 2 #1s from this year is worth more than our next 3 #1 picks and then some because those teams can give it up right now and there's no devaluing.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm in the Watson or bust (Foles) camp.

If Watson is completely off the table, the quickest way for the Bears to turn this shit show around is to keep all your picks, build up the OL and draft a WR. Possibly trade Hicks/Fuller depending on what you get in return. The only caveat to this is if Mac somehow falls to 20 - at which point I think you take that.

Pace/Nagy are not going to go into the season with Foles as there starter though unfortunately. They are going to make some desperation move.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So you think Watson makes us that much worse next year? Moot anyway. No way Watson is a bear for 2 1's . Our 2 1sts doesn't buy us a top 5 pick in this draft.

This year's Jets or Miami's 1st is worth more than our next 2 #1s, this and next year.

Lots of dreamers on this board. The Jets or Miami's 2 #1s from this year is worth more than our next 3 #1 picks and then some because those teams can give it up right now and there's no devaluing.
Did you forget to take your meds?

msadows

Liked Posts:

We won't be picking top 5 next year. There is too much talent on this roster for that.

This is a mediocre football team, even if people in chicago think they are the worst in the sport or some shit.

That trade, which is not going to happen, would net you Wilson for basically an additional first round pick. Big whoop if he succeeds. The texans, Chiefs, and Rams all did it to grab their QB and you never heard people bringing those trades up anymore.

Also, 30M in cap relief per year is a lot.....That can afford you a good Left Tackle and a good WR. There is a reason why pace swung for the fences, because if he hit this team would have superbowls.

Only real way to do that in todays NFL is to get a team with a QB on a rookie deal.

msadows

Liked Posts:
That being said, I think all of these options are very unrealistic except for the jones trade.

Watson is a possibility, but it would have to be him wanting to come here AND only here. He'd essentially have to pull a harden and bail on his team to get traded to the bears and only the bears.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reports out of Houston today, the Texan's have zero interest in trading Watson.

BigUglyBear

Liked Posts:
It would be nice if Dak got to free agency. Certainly a better scenario for Chicago than trading a boatload of assets for an expensive proven QB. Keep the assets and just pay the expensive proven QB.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It would be nice if Dak got to free agency. Certainly a better scenario for Chicago than trading a boatload of assets for an expensive proven QB. Keep the assets and just pay the expensive proven QB.

If dak is leaving the cowboys I doubt it will be thru FA. They'll franchise tag/trade him to another team.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He also always severely overvalues every single lions player. In the stafford thread he told me there are only 5 QB's better than stafford. That he thinks stafford is better than herbert.

Whatever lala land he lives in must be fantastic. Guy is on cloud nine in support of an organization that is closer to zero wins than 16 wins every single season.

He also talks shit about our qb situation, when if we had the benefit of having an above average QB like stafford(Yes, thats what he is, above average) this team would be perennially in the playoffs the last couple decades.
But you haven't had a decent Qb in the entirety of the Bears sorry ass existence, the closest thing you had to one sat his sorry wuss ass down and road an exercise bike during the playoffs, and over the last 10 years your 10-10 against that sorry ass Lions team, and have a whooping sum total of 2 more victories in that time frame.

Listen to this dipstick talk about overvaluing a player, LMFAO, should I necro some of your evaluations of Mitch Turdbiscuit? Here is a hint, there is about 42 better QB's then that mental midget...... and yet not long ago you were spouting your fool head off about he was better than Stafford.....yeah, you just better stfu on that one.......

Da Bears
Doink doink

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
But you haven't had a decent Qb in the entirety of the Bears sorry ass existence, the closest thing you had to one sat his sorry wuss ass down and road and exercise bike during the playoffs, and over the last 10 years your 10-10 against that sorry ass Lions team, and have a whooping sum total of 2 more victories in that time frame.

Da Bears
Doink doink
Bears vs Lions

102-75

doink, doink

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
But you haven't had a decent Qb in the entirety of the Bears sorry ass existence, the closest thing you had to one sat his sorry wuss ass down and road and exercise bike during the playoffs, and over the last 10 years your 10-10 against that sorry ass Lions team, and have a whooping sum total of 2 more victories in that time frame.

Listen to this dipstick talk about overvaluing a player, LMFAO, should I necro some of your evaluations of Mitch Turdbiscuit? Here is a hint, there is about 42 better QB's then that mental midget......

Da Bears
Doink doink

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And you were eliminated from the playoffs

CALL THE NUMBER YOU NEED HELP
Don't you have a Watson thread to comment on telling us how the bears should give up multiple first round picks for a Qb your GM could have just drafted?

ROLMAO

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Don't you have a Watson thread to comment on telling us how the bears should give up multiple first round picks for a Qb your GM could have just drafted?

ROLMAO
And don’t your team hold the record for players that don’t want to play for the Lions.....and counting...who’s next?