1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Lions will be the first team to go 0-17

FoCo

Liked Posts:
49ers are going to trade Jimmy G to Chicago for three 1st round picks. And then we get to here from Pace about how this is what you have to do if want an elite qb.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If Zach Wilson only costs two firsts I do that one.

doubt it costs that little, however,
Why would you pay the same price for Wilson who may or may not be above average when you get a proven yet still young Watson?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Why would you pay the same price for Wilson who may or may not be above average when you get a proven yet still young Watson?

Its not the same price, 2 firsts versus 2 firsts + 2 seconds.

Also, the answer is already in this thread. Rookie QB salary. If he hits you can be very competitive the next 3-5 years before he gets a new deal, whereas with watson you would have to go thru a 3-5 year rebuild.

I also think Zach Wilson is going to be the best NFL QB in this class, so yea, I'm high on the kid.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
1611963370815.png

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Fuck it our first round picks usually suck anyway

ahem shea mclanahan

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I am on the FitzMagic train for sure in those scenarios.

If we could get rid of Foles and get that money off the books I am 100% for that move. Sure, you are hoping for Trask to be the guy, but you could role with Fitz for a whole season if he wasn't and draft another one next year, and at the same time you are not putting yourself in a financial hole, and you are not blowing away important draft capital that you absolutely need to fix your O and D lines.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Let's trade for Deshaun Weshouldadraftedhim

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
49ers are going to trade Jimmy G to Chicago for three 1st round picks. And then we get to here from Pace about how this is what you have to do if want an elite qb.
I understand the sarcasm, but would anyone be surprised if he traded a 3rd for him just before he was going to be released like Foles.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Did you forget to take your meds?
Me? You think we might have traded "quite possibly a top 5 pick in 2022" after adding Watson? I'll have whatever you're having, LOL.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
double up for Watson..fck it. we'll at least get who we want. The new Texans coach is holding our soon-to-be QB hostage and we'll see about that.
image.gif

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
You undervalued Watson and overvalued everybody else. Of course with the scenarios you posted everybody is going to say Watson.

The cost for Wilson is the only one you got correct.

Is this all a joke and I’m taking it too seriously? The Raiders trading back for Mack? Two firsts for Jones? I mean it seems pretty ridiculous, but everybody is responding as if we’re having a real conversation here.

okay. I’m an idiot. Sorry. I’m now noticing you said two seconds as well for Watson.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For the record, anyone who didn't say Wentz might be stupid. Get it checked out. All 30+ of you.

Thats not a fair poll. Wentz + 4 high picks > Watson and he comes in knowing the offense day 1, contracts are not dissimilar.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He also always severely overvalues every single lions player. In the stafford thread he told me there are only 5 QB's better than stafford. That he thinks stafford is better than herbert.

Whatever lala land he lives in must be fantastic. Guy is on cloud nine in support of an organization that is closer to zero wins than 16 wins every single season.

He also talks shit about our qb situation, when if we had the benefit of having an above average QB like stafford(Yes, thats what he is, above average) this team would be perennially in the playoffs the last couple decades.
I also think Stafford right now today is better than Herbert and I've seen a bunch of both. I know what Herbert is, and he's one hellavu rookie. His long term potential is super high. Their offense was nearly unstoppable.

But thats because Allen, Ekeler, Williams, that injury prone TE, and system are like really fucking good around him and he has a big arm and does what he is told and quickly. And Ekeler is like prime Darren Sproles of a bitch to stop and runs like a demon. You can chuck it up to Williams anytime you want in an emergency and worst case scenario is incomplete, and Allen is might be the best possession WR in the game right now.

In the right circumstances Allen was capable of 160 catches in his prime. His TE's always got hurt or he did, Rivers was fading or banged up, etc.

But the pieces around Herbert are not normal.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
For the record, anyone who didn't say Wentz might be stupid. Get it checked out. All 30+ of you.

Thats not a fair poll. Wentz + 4 high picks > Watson and he comes in knowing the offense day 1, contracts are not dissimilar.

Wentz is shit. Did you watch him this year? He was Foles level bad. And it wasn’t because he didn’t have much around him. You can watch him play. He was horrible. He looks slow now, he’s inaccurate, he won’t get rid of the ball and is constantly turning it over over through interceptions, fumbling. He’s arguably the worst and literally the most untradeable contract in the league and you want him lol.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I only judge him on the first 4 games when he was the only Eagle fighting.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Is this another joke and once again I’m taking shit too serious? Carson freaking Wentz?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Me? You think we might have traded "quite possibly a top 5 pick in 2022" after adding Watson? I'll have whatever you're having, LOL.
Well the conversation was about Wilson......not Watson...........sooooooo