Which RB will we draft?

Jcollins1977

Liked Posts:
Well, now that we traded Howard the likelihood of us drafting a RB this year has increased greatly. With limited draft picks, who do we pick up to replace him? There are three late picks that I think would fit the Pace/Nagy mold.

James Williams,Washington State
Treaveon Williams, Texas A&M
The third kid is Alex Barnes from Kansas State this guy is 220+ and is super quick. The first two guys are smaller and seem to fit what Nagy is doing. The wild card is Barnes, he could be that short yardage back and replace Howard, and he also could take it to the house on any play. That’s a trait that Howard didn’t possess. Whadda ya think?

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Williams would be a great fit. speed, power and good hands.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The odds of drafting a RB I thought were 100% before this, so...

evansanity

Soldi Soldi
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Ohio State Buckeyes
In the 5th round (because I believe we no longer have a 6th...):

Elijah Holyfield
Devine Ozigbo
OR wait till after the draft and get

Patrick Laird
A.J Ouellette

There is also a really good D3 player I like...I believe he broke the record for YPC for a career and season...

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
In the 5th round (because I believe we no longer have a 6th...):

Elijah Holyfield
Devine Ozigbo
OR wait till after the draft and get

Patrick Laird
A.J Ouellette

There is also a really good D3 player I like...I believe he broke the record for YPC for a career and season...
Why trade Howard for the value of a 2019 7th round pick and then use a 5th rounder on Holyfield, the one back in the whole draft with hands that are much worse than Howard ever had?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I'll say either Miles Sanders, Trayveon Williams or Justice Hill.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'll say either Miles Sanders, Trayveon Williams or Justice Hill.
Don’t discount Weber. We’ve already had a private’s workout with him and he killed the combine. I have a sneaky feeling he will be the pick. A few publication show him as a top 5 back

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Just for reference, here are the backs Bears have had private meetings with.(that we know of)

Miles Sanders
Trayveon Williams
Devin Singletary
Mike Weber
Alexander Mattison

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Don’t discount Weber. We’ve already had a private’s workout with him and he killed the combine. I have a sneaky feeling he will be the pick. A few publication show him as a top 5 back

He's one of my favorites. Never put it all together at Ohio St. but he's one of the best backs in this class in my opinion.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Just for reference, here are the backs Bears have had private meetings with.(that we know of)

Miles Sanders
Trayveon Williams
Devin Singletary
Mike Weber
Alexander Mattison
I’m fine with any of the top 4. Can’t produce worse than Jordan Howard did last season

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
D.H. OR BUST.

msadows

Liked Posts:
D.H. OR BUST.
I’ve been having a boner for him since the offseason started. Made multiple threads too. IMO he’s the best FIT for this offense and would take it to the next level.

Dude is just so explosive, I think bears have to trade up to get him tho. But fuck it

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I’ve been having a boner for him since the offseason started. Made multiple threads too. IMO he’s the best FIT for this offense and would take it to the next level.

Dude is just so explosive, I think bears have to trade up to get him tho. But fuck it
it would great to take our 3rd this years and eagles pick in 2020 in a package and move up for D.h., but that's a lot of work and wishful thinking..watch packers snag up D.H right before our eyes. packers did it to us before.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

Personally I'm pretty lukewarm on Henderson. His highlights look impressive but most of them are against a very low level of competition. Watching his full game videos leaves me very underwhelmed. He's narrow and straightline-ish, like a nowhere near as fast version of Chris Johnson. I'm not convinced he is going to break tackles or make NFL defenders miss. I don't see the contact balance, nor am I impressed with his vision.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My list but I prefer the bigger ones. Montgomery, Jacobs, Sanders, Singletary, Anderson, Mattison, Scarlett, Williams or Love (no order). Which is drafted depends on who is there in which round vs other positions. Howard was not a fit and Pace got what he could. Simple as that. If you recall, Howard pulled his social media around this time last year and it may have been for this reason but Pace didn't settle for what was offered. Now that we have Davis, we have a strong back that can play for Nagy but I suspect we still draft a niftier runner.

Last edited:

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Miles Sanders is an ideal fit for our offense.