White Sox acquire Lance Lynn

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Wow, the guy I wanted least of all. Rather have kept Dunning.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It’s a move geezer coach and Kenny Williams would make. Didn’t expect this from Hahn

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Dunning looked like a professional pitcher last year but I didn’t see much upside and he wasn’t going to fit into the rotation this year with the White Sox obviously planning to upgrade and with Kopech coming back.

It’s a win now move, can’t hate on it.

Kopech is going to be the x-factor, regardless. I think he is a future ace.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good move; prospects are just that...this is a proven inning-eater, and a guy you can be confident of sending out to pitch game 3 of a playoff series. He'll give you solid performances every 5th start during the regular season.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I like Dunning a lot and saw him as a likely #3-4 for awhile, but I also understand this move. Lynn is a horse, legit #2 innings eater.

I'm betting they sign Peterson and Quintana in the next week or so and then a closer, filling out a predictable but solid offseason.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Dunning a lot and saw him as a likely #3-4 for awhile, but I also understand this move. Lynn is a horse, legit #2 innings eater.

I'm betting they sign Peterson and Quintana in the next week or so and then a closer, filling out a predictable but solid offseason.
I wonder what the price was last year and what would have happened with the A's. He really seemed like the piece they should have added at the deadline.

Can't really go wrong investing in an innings eater. That helps everyone else even if he can't repeat his last couple stellar years.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I wonder what the price was last year and what would have happened with the A's. He really seemed like the piece they should have added at the deadline.

Can't really go wrong investing in an innings eater. That helps everyone else even if he can't repeat his last couple stellar years.
Rumor was they wanted Vaughn and wouldn't come off it.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rumor was they wanted Vaughn and wouldn't come off it.

Yeah..thanks. I'm torn on that then. Originally I was thinking we wouldn't want to ever remove the insurance behind the one aging core piece of Abreu.

But with Jiminez in the field, that seems like the better long term choice for either 1B or DH. And Vaughn has looked amazingly slow for his age...and fat...might be a DH anyway.

Just not sure he has much of a path to the field here the next 2 years, but could still be a good idea to keep just in case.