White Sox call up Nick Madrigal

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was confused as to why he wasn't starting at 2nd.

This season is so fucked already, the most you're likely to get out of it is playing time/experience, why not play him?

Also the team is still objectively bad.... they aren't winning, play Madrigal and let him get used to the MLB and his future full-time infield buddies.

I thought we were past wasting time on mediocre players whom are not part of the future.... ala Yolmer Sanchez.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was confused as to why he wasn't starting at 2nd.

This season is so fucked already, the most you're likely to get out of it is playing time/experience, why not play him?

Also the team is still objectively bad.... they aren't winning, play Madrigal and let him get used to the MLB and his future full-time infield buddies.

I thought we were past wasting time on mediocre players whom are not part of the future.... ala Yolmer Sanchez.
Im not sure on the rules with the short season, but most teams do it to gain a year of control. It will no doubt be restructured in the new CBA, but its what teams do right now.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Im not sure on the rules with the short season, but most teams do it to gain a year of control. It will no doubt be restructured in the new CBA, but its what teams do right now.

I had not heard that in any coverage, but if it is the case, then it would make some sense.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had not heard that in any coverage, but if it is the case, then it would make some sense.

It fits the time frame for service time. Cubs did it with Bryant. Service time is pro rated this year with the shortened season.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Definitely started him in the minors for the extra service year.

He is a really good fielder already, fun to watch. Will take some time with the bat but the tools are there.