White Sox In No Hurry To Rush Carlos Rodon

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It only makes sense and that is what spring training is all about. This is a big deal organizationally. About as big as what they did with Sale and that certainly worked out well. I really believe that he will be sent to the minors out of spring training and then go from there. They will develop a plan for the guy and none of us, including them right now what that plan will end up being. From taking a look at what they have at the lower levels in the organization, the future looks pretty bright to me pitching wise.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Pitching and infielders we are very deep. Adding Melky improved our OF depth. Would be nice to have some young potential somewhere in the minors for the of. Catching is kinda a mess but hoping nieto gets a full season in the minors and its ready to lead in 2016.

For now Flowers and Soto well have to do

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
They've publicly come out to say that's not the case. Hahn said when he's ready then he'll be with the club. I want to day he said it in September
I think it will depend on how the Sox are doing after the trade deadline even if he is ready.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it will depend on how the Sox are doing after the trade deadline even if he is ready.

team control and I don't think they should bring him up. groom him in AAA.

if the sox are doing well I don't want him up. if they blow ass than getting some reps is ok

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They've publicly come out to say that's not the case. Hahn said when he's ready then he'll be with the club. I want to day he said it in September

I agree with you. I don't think that this is how they think either. Maybe with position players team control plays into things with them, but not with potential ace pitchers which Rodon clearly could be.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I agree with you. I don't think that this is how they think either. Maybe with position players team control plays into things with them, but not with potential ace pitchers which Rodon clearly could be.
The one thing the team has repeatedly shown is that if a player is ready in their eyes he plays. It's the professional decision to make

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Good...good.

No need to rush him. Start him in Charlotte, or Birmingham, and let him get his starts in. That way we get the extra year of control, and his arm is slowly stretched out to start.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good...good.

No need to rush him. Start him in Charlotte, or Birmingham, and let him get his starts in. That way we get the extra year of control, and his arm is slowly stretched out to start.

I don't know if that is what is best with him. It may be but then again, if they think that he can be a very good addition to the bull-pen quickly, then it may be beneficial for them to have him work with Cooper sooner just as they did with Sale. Sale really is my model here. Don't know if it is necessarily the best way but it sure is a possible way. They need immediate pitching help for this season. Right now. And if he can add that, then hell with team control. I'd say having in pitch for awhile at Charlotte but possibly in the bull-pen is still an option.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
The extra year of control is very important given his potential upside, and his agent.

He isn't like Sale, Garland, Buehrle, Santiago, etc.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The extra year of control is very important given his potential upside, and his agent.

He isn't like Sale, Garland, Buehrle, Santiago, etc.

Completely overrated. Boras' quality clients usually sign before it's an issue

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Any evidence to back that up?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i think rodon is getting too much credit. he cant be compared to those guys at all YET. he could be better than sale, he could be just as good, he could be avg or he could be another flop like lance broadway. we have no data to say what rodon is until he pitches in the mlb

Sent from My Iphone 6 Plus Using Tapatalk

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
i think rodon is getting too much credit. he cant be compared to those guys at all YET. he could be better than sale, he could be just as good, he could be avg or he could be another flop like lance broadway. we have no data to say what rodon is until he pitches in the mlb

Sent from My Iphone 6 Plus Using Tapatalk

That's how prospect projections work big guy. Projections aren't 100%, but hype for prospects is based on their minor league #'s, scouting reports, and rankings in BA, MLB, and Baseball Prospectus amongst other publications and sites.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I haven't read the entire thread, but the word on Rodon is the Sox want him to develop his changeup before they add him to the rotation.
He has two pitches at the moment: fastball, slider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I haven't read the entire thread, but the word on Rodon is the Sox want him to develop his changeup before they add him to the rotation.
He has two pitches at the moment: fastball, slider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be. And that is also why he might start out in the pen for awhile.