White Sox land Kimbrel

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
And Kimbrel just blew a save against his old team. Totally a pitcher you want for a pennant race and World Series push. It's not like he blew a bunch of saves for a Chicago team making a push for the playoffs or anything.

Last edited:

Bust

And Kimbrel just blew a save against his old team. Totally a pitcher you want for a pennant race and World Series push. It's not like he blew a bunch of saves for a Chicago team making a push for the playoffs or anything.

Kimbrel is a closer, not a setup guy. White Sox aren't going to use him correctly. Tony LaRussa

In the end game when it's all said and done tho. Mandrigal > Kimbrel

Montucky

I'm not super cheesed on Craig Kimbrel but I don't lose any sleep over trading away Nicky Two Strikes. Had this cost Andrew Vaughn or Garrett Crochet? I'd be very wary. I would've been genuinely pissed off if they dealt Vaughn.

But Nick Madrigal requires a lot of development to become a really productive offensive player in today's game. And by the time he gets there (if he ever gets there) its going to be time to pay him anyways. I don't think the Sox lose anything having him leave, even if the player they got in return has his own flaws.