White Sox off-season has been bad so far

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I suggest a fan revolt. Don't go to the games. Don't buy their products. Hit Reiny in his big fat face. GO to local high school and college games and minor league games. Don't give your money to an owner who doesn't support the fans.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
They have no intention to compete idk why even pretend. Maybe there are enough meatballs to make money off of. They might as well go back in rebuild mode they got nothing on the real contenders

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Thing is, really, all they need is to sign a good LH hitting RF and a decent 2B. They could at least say they are actually trying to win, and it would not be a crazy investment. Their rotation and bullpen are both good.

Instead they act like a hot dog cart business.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thing is, really, all they need is to sign a good LH hitting RF and a decent 2B. They could at least say they are actually trying to win, and it would not be a crazy investment. Their rotation and bullpen are both good.

Yep. Reinsdorf has always had a business model that never set in place the object of winning a championship.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I doubt the lefty would hit lefties sufficiently higher than Abreu to justify replacing him in lineup.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They have no intention to compete idk why even pretend. Maybe there are enough meatballs to make money off of. They might as well go back in rebuild mode they got nothing on the real contenders
Yeah,

I feel sorry for the guys in their minor league system who are being held back by lazy broken down over-paid bums like Grandal, Moncada, and Garcia and who wasted their last two years being reviewed by LaRussa and a miserable coaching staff who wouldn't know player development if it hit them right between the eyes.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just saw where the Yanks signed Carlos Rodon for like $175M for six years? Good for him. So now the Yanks have two guys on their team for the next six years that they are paying about $70M for. Peachy. And the Sox big news in the team meetings in San Diego was that they signed some 28 year old has been/never was outfielder(Reyes?) for the league minimum as a "free agent"?

I wonder if Reiny signed the trip tickets for his folks in San Diego for their "expenses"? THink they were on a one drink maximum and meal limit? Lobster all around? Nah...How about Star Kissed TUNA? Sorry Charlie, only best players get signed by real owners. Not Jerry Fucking Reinsdorf, for sure!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They canceled sux fest Jerry doesn’t want to be in the spotlight with his failures. He’s a giant turd and he knows it and doesn’t care. This puts things in perspective

https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/zl6w3k
Wow.

Us and the Marlins.

And at least the Marlins have been playing the long tank meteoric rise game since the beginning able to create impressive peaks after their valleys.

The A’s and Twins and Rays should be really proud of this list.

All three know how to draft specifically for their strange home field advantages.

My first advice is make your home field a strange anomaly, then draft to it.

Our advantage would be drafting to ride the midsummer heat elevator, deep fly outs.

But that isn’t spring or fall helpful and we don’t put defense behind it. Isn’t a playoff strategy.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Man ded forum. I thought Jerry opening up the wallet for white Sox record breaking contract would create some excitement lol

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What they do have is very good starting pitching and good to great back end of the bull-pen pieces. They also have a potentially very good 1-6 hitters in their line-up:

1. Benitendi
2. Anderson
3. Robert
4. Jimenez
5. Sheets(Colas)
6. Vaughn

All young and/or in their prime. IT is what really pisses me off because they have enough talent to be able to trade for 2-3 good pieces to easily win a very weak division.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
What they do have is very good starting pitching and good to great back end of the bull-pen pieces. They also have a potentially very good 1-6 hitters in their line-up:

1. Benitendi
2. Anderson
3. Robert
4. Jimenez
5. Sheets(Colas)
6. Vaughn

All young and/or in their prime. IT is what really pisses me off because they have enough talent to be able to trade for 2-3 good pieces to easily win a very weak division.

No one cares, stfu peg leg.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

1. Benitendi
2. Anderson
3. Robert
4. Jimenez
5. Sheets(Colas)
6. Vaughn

Most baseball people would not say someone with a -.5 WAR over 377 at bats in the previous season is a good player. -.4 WAR over almost 600 ABs in his career. Colas is a rookie. That said their lineup is probably a little above average and if they are healthy they can be pretty good.

The Sox have very little to trade. Sheets and Burger have almost no value, and they are ridiculously thin in the farm, one of the worst 8 for sure.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When the hell does this shit owner do us all a favor and sell this disgrace of a team. Now its Clevinger beating his wife and abusing his son. I'm sure that was known before they signed his sorry ass to that puny contract. Fans should boycott this team.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
When the hell does this shit owner do us all a favor and sell this disgrace of a team. Now its Clevinger beating his wife and abusing his son. I'm sure that was known before they signed his sorry ass to that puny contract. Fans should boycott this team.
I heard they plan on keeping Clevinger too cuz they can’t afford to cut him and still pay him ? what a joke