White Sox vs. Astros ALDS thread

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Had my fill of these fuckin' day games,I'll tell ya that!!!
Sox fans have waited a long time for this,shame STH's have to take a day off work to finally see it.......the park was ROCKIN' last night

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Had my fill of these fuckin' day games,I'll tell ya that!!!
Sox fans have waited a long time for this,shame STH's have to take a day off work to finally see it.......the park was ROCKIN' last night

I'm not even a Sox fan but I am rooting for them. Have to agree with your post though. Really lame that it's been over a decade since the Sox were in a playoff series and half of their fans can't watch the games.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Hate that it's another afternoon game, MLB is so dumb. Like they are catering to a 87 baseball purists still left who don't want to miss a pitch of playoff baseball rather than the millions of team fans who want to watch their team but can't. Just stagger the starts but put them all in the fucking evening for weekday games.

As far as for the Sox chances, not sure how I feel about a game today vs. tomorrow. It allows them to have Lynn backing up Rodon I guess, but it also allows Houston to go McCuellar and Frambler on regular rest if they want.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I'm not even a Sox fan but I am rooting for them. Have to agree with your post though. Really lame that it's been over a decade since the Sox were in a playoff series and half of their fans can't watch the games.

yep it's cause their tv viewership ratings suck when they on, lol. Need to meet viewership quota for those tv ad revenue dollars to keep the suits happy.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
yep it's cause their tv viewership ratings suck when they on, lol. Need to meet viewership quota for those tv ad revenue dollars to keep the suits happy.

I know why they do it, doesn't make it any less annoying to the average fan though ?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I;m a cubs fan but I'll root for the White Sox. No problem doing it.

I just have to ask one question. Why is there so many Cubs mentions on social media during this Sox series?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I;m a cubs fan but I'll root for the White Sox. No problem doing it.

I just have to ask one question. Why is there so many Cubs mentions on social media during this Sox series?

Cuz there are too many insecure Sox fans obsessed with hating the Cubs and vice versus.

Of all the shit I have to hate in the world, I aint wasting it on the Cubs just because I'm a Sox fan.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Cuz there are too many insecure Sox fans obsessed with hating the Cubs and vice versus.

Of all the shit I have to hate in the world, I aint wasting it on the Cubs just because I'm a Sox fan.
I figured. Just makes no sense at all to worry about the other side.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've seen this forever....they'd rather have the Cubs lose than their own team win. That's too bad. It's their time now. But then you simply have to look at the CCS to see the difference. Until the team demolition.....Cub's playoff baseball was a big thing here, at times matching or even surpassing the Bears Forum. Sox Forum has been incredibly dead for the last 10 days...the difference between the two fan bases is a wide one.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I've seen this forever....they'd rather have the Cubs lose than their own team win. That's too bad. It's their time now. But then you simply have to look at the CCS to see the difference. Until the team demolition.....Cub's playoff baseball was a big thing here, at times matching or even surpassing the Bears Forum. Sox Forum has been incredibly dead for the last 10 days...the difference between the two fan bases is a wide one.
That’s a ridiculous generalization. You can make a determination about a fan base because of CCS participation? I certainly want the Sox to always win but never hope the Cubs lose unless they’re playing the White Sox.

I know several Cub fans that hate the Sox and wish them ill will. I doubt that makes it true for all or most Cub fans.

So much social media is mindless drivel spewed by the dregs of humanity.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Grew up a Cubs fan but never hated the White sox,I was 'that guy'. I admired Wilbur Wood pitching both ends of a double header and the rebellious talent that was Ritchie Allen. It didn't help that when the Cubs weren't in last place it only meant they'd rip your hart out again and return to last place the very next year. Not sure if I cried at 12 back in '69' when an eight game Sept 1st lead was squandered even though it scarred my youth but I'm pretty sure I didn't in '84' when a 2-0 FIVE GAME SERIES lead was squandered. I was tendin' bar at my buddy's joint in Cicero and I took a little $$$ out of the till to send my sister in law out to find a case of cheap champaign...........a groundball had gone between the legs of a certain first baseman by the time she returned
I had all I could take back in '92' when I heard the Cubs 23yro Cy Young winner signed in Atlanta.
The dabbling was over I was full on Trans-soxual as I liked to tell friends.... I shoulda trademarked that shit!
I won't say I didn't feel the awful choke in '03' after leading the NLCS 3 games to 1 but I no longer lived and died with em at that point. I had a chance to attend game one of the '05' WS and Chicago's first BB title in nearly a CENTURY was a great accomplishment by a great baseball team.....I believe the Sox lost ONE 3-2 game in the PO's.

I won't say I climbed back on board in '16' even though I paid enough dues and had enough skin in the game to do so but I was rootin' for the team as much for their LONG suffering fans as much as anything. I still recall telling a best bud and total diehard who was practically despondent when they went down 3-1 "If it's meant to be,3-1 won't matter",I said this this as much out of concern for my despondent buddy as anything but I was fucking clairvoyant because 3-1 didn't matter.....even Uncle Joe couldn't fuck it up. I was happy for a long suffering and mind numbingly loyal fanbase.

Let's get this Back to Houston and hope they don't steal too many signs!LOL!!!!

GO WHITESOX!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Snagged some tickets to the game today. Looks like it's going to be 72 and partly cloudy at gametime. Perfect October baseball weather in Chicago!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Snagged some tickets to the game today. Looks like it's going to be 72 and partly cloudy at gametime. Perfect October baseball weather in Chicago!

If anyone gives you trouble, just tell them "My buddy @Ares on a message board is a Sox fan, so you have to be cool with me."

Works every time.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I don't like the Cubs, just like I don't like many other teams.

Not sure why that is unusual.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Game on bitches

Rodon good recovery after letting a hit on first pitch

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I don’t cheer for or against the cubs. Most my angst against the cubs is the fans and their attitude like they are owed something. You can tell the part of the bears fan base that are die hard cubs fans. They are the ones that celebrate losing like @dabears70