Who’s the next QB Bust that Pace drafts?

greg23

Liked Posts:
no on trask
no on jones
yes on lance (if he slides close to 20)

personally, we're do deviod of talent across the board we need the following:

our internal employee hired at gm so we snag a 3rd round pick
somehow get all 3 6th round comp picks
trade back from 20 to mid 20's to early 30's and pick up an additional pick (this year)

from there fill out with BPA across the board with an emphasis on OT, DL, CB, WR

i'd punt on qb after the top 4 as i dont care for the next 2-3 (but i dont think pace will do that again) until a develpomental guy in the 3rd/4th who maybe has upside but can be counted on as a possible young inexpensive backup

i also would explore alternative QB options that are actual possibilities and who may have upside on short term deals:

trade for stafford/carr
sign winston/jimmyg
not really a huge fan of either, but explore mariotta/darnold

i dont think watson is getting traded and we dont have enough for him
no interest in guys like newton or taylor
i think mitch has run his course here.....i like him, think he can be good in right system but think bringing back ALL the same clowns is not going to cut it (and it sure looks like the top 3 clowns are staying)

shoez90

Liked Posts:
He lobbied and got foles. What happened there?
father time happened lol. I mean Nagy is a tool but foles at best now is a backup game manager, smarter than Trubisky but just not multi dimensional. Imo Watson makes us a contender next year in the north after that is bonus points. I just want to beat the fukin pack more than once a blue moon.

coolio

Liked Posts:
I'm not sold for trading for Watson because it will be too much. Like 4 first round picks. Plus with him no Allen Robinson I bet. What will stop this organization from becoming just like the Texans right now with Watson? Were basically just as poorly ran. Not as bad but close

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
no on trask
no on jones
yes on lance (if he slides close to 20)

personally, we're do deviod of talent across the board we need the following:

our internal employee hired at gm so we snag a 3rd round pick
somehow get all 3 6th round comp picks
trade back from 20 to mid 20's to early 30's and pick up an additional pick (this year)

from there fill out with BPA across the board with an emphasis on OT, DL, CB, WR

i'd punt on qb after the top 4 as i dont care for the next 2-3 (but i dont think pace will do that again) until a develpomental guy in the 3rd/4th who maybe has upside but can be counted on as a possible young inexpensive backup

i also would explore alternative QB options that are actual possibilities and who may have upside on short term deals:

trade for stafford/carr
sign winston/jimmyg
not really a huge fan of either, but explore mariotta/darnold

i dont think watson is getting traded and we dont have enough for him
no interest in guys like newton or taylor
i think mitch has run his course here.....i like him, think he can be good in right system but think bringing back ALL the same clowns is not going to cut it (and it sure looks like the top 3 clowns are staying)

trade for stafford/carr........NO
sign winston/jimmyg.......... YES to winston has the better arm and lasik surgery
not really a huge fan of either, but explore mariotta/darnold ......... YES to mariotta

no interest in guys like newton or taylor........YES to Taylor. He's smart, fairly mobile and he protects the ball.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
counter point: only 4 or 5 teams have had a worse QB situation since nagy got to chicago. changes need to be made to personnel regardless of nagy coming back or not. Pace absolutely fucking his HC over by chasing AR out the door over a couple million dollars helps nothing either.

not disagreeing with the qb situation nagy had but he also cannot hide the fact that he didnt want to change his scheme to fit trubisky's strengths...we all saw lazor call better games using far more bootlegs and quick reads for mitch. Once nagy started having more influence it was the shitshow in shotgun again...

also for whatever reason, play execution is also a problem, under lazor the offense seemed to execute with little to no mistakes vs nagy where you'd see poor execution/poor blocking/poor effort. Hopefully he sees this in his self reflection and is able to figure out why his players dont execute correctly.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
does it really matter? nagy and his we dont scheme for our players, instead we have half the field run zone routes and the other half run man routes...

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
I dont think they are gonna take a qb early unless one of the top ones drop and is there at 20. They are gonna invest in the Oline and and adding a speed receiver

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Pace overpays to trade up to 17 and drafts Jamie Newman

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whoever plays QB for the bears next year is going to have more pressure on him than any other QB In league. His performance will be the #1 reason whether the Bears HC and GM have their job in 2022.

Pace and Nagy are going to be desperate and desperate people do stupid shit. it is going to be a shit show.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
lol at giving your coach literally one shot to find a good QB

He knew he was getting Mitch and interviewed FOR the job to develop him - convincing Pace he can win with Mitch. For whatever reason(s), he failed.

Then he wanted Foles who was worse than Mitch in his own offense.

He is now looking for QB # 3. Third time's the charm? Three strikes and you're out?

Insanity
Image result for doung same thing over and expecting different results

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Its gonna be darnold via trade or lance via trade up.

I can already feel it.
What part of Pace would say "Hmm, Lance is a project but can be developed to be special. I have confidence that Nagy can bring it out." When Pace saw how Nagy developed Mitch, and Foles was damaged. The last two years, the Bears were in the bottom 1/3 in offense. There is no way Pace trusts Nagy in developing a QB, especially his job is on the line. He will go with a more finished product like Wilson, Fields, or Jones. Jones is the one without giving up the farm for.