Who’s the next QB Bust that Pace drafts?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
1) my claim is supported by statistics. it really is that simple considering his sample size. point to a single other stint where foles played like he did with the Eagles on their super bowl run and i’ll concede this point.

Your claim was Foles plays to the level of talent around him (most do). Pay closer attention and read my posts more carefully and you will see I did not dispute that, rather I said the reason for why and how he cannot transcend talent says a lot about his coaches and how they work him into their offenses. There is a BIG difference why he succeeded with Kelley from how and why he succeeded with Dougie P.

But keep your simple mind. Don't let the football truths underlying all stats sway you from number-watching.

You seem to think holmes is lying or not telling the truth, what’s your evidence for it?

You are so dense. He said someone in KC claimed Nagy had Mahomes as QB 1 in the draft.

He did not make the claim himself. Only reported it and went into the implications if that happened to have been true.

If Nagy thought Mahomes was so great, he could have stayed there and been Mahomes' OC for another year and leveraged another head coach job that would be better and away from the "PROJECT QB".

He made his choice. It was Nagy's choice.

2 QBs chosen by Nagy, not 1.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm not sold for trading for Watson because it will be too much. Like 4 first round picks. Plus with him no Allen Robinson I bet. What will stop this organization from becoming just like the Texans right now with Watson? Were basically just as poorly ran. Not as bad but close
I believe there is a rule that you can't trade more than three years forward in a draft. Not that give up 3 first round picks is any better than giving up 4, but just for sake of argument.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I believe there is a rule that you can't trade more than three years forward in a draft. Not that give up 3 first round picks is any better than giving up 4, but just for sake of argument.

I think you are right about the 3 years in the future, but first round picks are not all equal. I would give up 3 Pace first rounders for Watson. Goodbye White, Floyd and Roquan.

I mean I will miss Roquan and feel sad about losing him but I would make that deal in a heartbeat which is more of a condemnation of Pace than anything else.

Hungrybear

Liked Posts:
no on trask
no on jones
yes on lance (if he slides close to 20)

personally, we're do deviod of talent across the board we need the following:

our internal employee hired at gm so we snag a 3rd round pick
somehow get all 3 6th round comp picks
trade back from 20 to mid 20's to early 30's and pick up an additional pick (this year)

from there fill out with BPA across the board with an emphasis on OT, DL, CB, WR

i'd punt on qb after the top 4 as i dont care for the next 2-3 (but i dont think pace will do that again) until a develpomental guy in the 3rd/4th who maybe has upside but can be counted on as a possible young inexpensive backup

i also would explore alternative QB options that are actual possibilities and who may have upside on short term deals:

trade for stafford/carr
sign winston/jimmyg
not really a huge fan of either, but explore mariotta/darnold

i dont think watson is getting traded and we dont have enough for him
no interest in guys like newton or taylor
i think mitch has run his course here.....i like him, think he can be good in right system but think bringing back ALL the same clowns is not going to cut it (and it sure looks like the top 3 clowns are staying)
I agree with just about everything you said. I'm thinking 4th or later for a QB like Newman or Mond.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Your claim was Foles plays to the level of talent around him (most do). Pay closer attention and read my posts more carefully and you will see I did not dispute that, rather I said the reason for why and how he cannot transcend talent says a lot about his coaches and how they work him into their offenses. There is a BIG difference why he succeeded with Kelley from how and why he succeeded with Dougie P.

But keep your simple mind. Don't let the football truths underlying all stats sway you from number-watching.

You are so dense. He said someone in KC claimed Nagy had Mahomes as QB 1 in the draft.

He did not make the claim himself. Only reported it and went into the implications if that happened to have been true.

If Nagy thought Mahomes was so great, he could have stayed there and been Mahomes' OC for another year and leveraged another head coach job that would be better and away from the "PROJECT QB".

He made his choice. It was Nagy's choice.

2 QBs chosen by Nagy, not 1.
1) Foles never transcended talent anywhere. he never made players better than what they were. that is the reason he failed everywhere other than philadelphia. even andy reid himself couldn’t get him to the level he was in philadelphia. there’s really no other evidence to suggest anything else.

2) and if holmes didn’t think it had legs he wouldn’t have reported it. you’re right nagy could have stayed in KC, but why would he do that when reid wasn’t going anywhere and he could advance his career else where? you’re not making any sense.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think you are right about the 3 years in the future, but first round picks are not all equal. I would give up 3 Pace first rounders for Watson. Goodbye White, Floyd and Roquan.

I mean I will miss Roquan and feel sad about losing him but I would make that deal in a heartbeat which is more of a condemnation of Pace than anything else.
If a Kevin White plays in a football field, and nobody is around to hear it, how much longer until he's on season ending IR?

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Thanks for the update.

Lol

So many coordinators and coaches stay put rather than run out for any job. Roman, Fitzgerald, Shaw, McGinnis, Belichik, Parcells, but wait that's not a LOT a lot right?

So Nagy did have a gun to his head?

And did not choose of HIS OWN free will to become Mitch's coach?

What exactly IS your point??

Are YOU trying to have a genuine conversation here or just arguing nonsense?

What are you talking about? What guy is turning down coaching the Chicago Bears because he’s not sold on the QB they took with the second overall pick the year before? Of course Nagy or anybody is going to think they can make it work with Mitch.

My point is that any coach in the position Matt Nagy was would take that job. And it’s laughable that you’re arguing that because he accepted the Bears head coaching job he therefore “picked” Trubisky. If you want to argue he contributed to Trubisky being a failure that’s fine. pretty hard to argue against it. But you’re stretching it into some nonsense where you’re claiming Nagy “picked” Mitch when he took the job. And that’s on him the same way Foles is on him. It’s pretty stupid and you just reaching for anything to trash Nagy.

Look at the guy who replaced Nagy in KC. He still can’t get a job. You think Bienemy is turning down head coaching job offers because he’s not sold on the teams QB? Get out of here with your bullshit.

and what NFL head coaching offers has Pat Fitzgerald turned down? And I already said it’s different if you’re a big name with multiple offers, I don’t think guys like Bill Belichick and Parcells exactly fall into the same category as a Matt Nagy. Do you see why? You think the market for those two names might be a little bigger than Matt Nagy? You think Nagy had other head coaching offers?

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
And can you quit the really lame move of cutting peoples posts up so the context is lost? Not sure if that’s something you do on purpose or you’re unaware. I find most people that do this are aware of what they’re doing. But yeah, how about just quoting the whole post and bolding what you want to respond to so the context of what’s being said is understandable? You’re cutting things up and leaving things where context is lost.

Last edited:

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
and what’s also laughable about your whole argument is that pretty much any team that’s looking to hire a new head coach has holes. That’s why they’re looking for a new coach. almost all head coaching jobs are guys going to shitty teams with holes. But a guy like Matt Nagy is going to turn down the Chicago Bears job because the roster isn’t what he wants to be. Lol okay. How would Matt Nagy ever get a head coaching job? Is he supposed to wait till a playoff coach retires and he can take over a team that’s already built? Why didn’t he just think of that? Why doesn’t he just wait till Andy Reid retires and snag the KC job? Why didn’t he just wait till Belichick retired and he could steal the Pats job from McDaniels? I mean there are only 32 of these jobs and they’re extremely difficult to get. And they pay a lot. But yeah, Matt Nagy had leverage to be picky about it.

Last edited:

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
1) Foles never transcended talent anywhere. he never made players better than what they were. that is the reason he failed everywhere other than philadelphia. even andy reid himself couldn’t get him to the level he was in philadelphia. there’s really no other evidence to suggest anything else.

2) and if holmes didn’t think it had legs he wouldn’t have reported it. you’re right nagy could have stayed in KC, but why would he do that when reid wasn’t going anywhere and he could advance his career else where? you’re not making any sense.

I am back after a bit offline here.

I never said Foles transcends any talent anywhere (only a few ever do). And Because Holmes reports it doesn't mean it happened and even if it did so what?

If Nagy thought Mahomes was so great, he should have stayed there as OC for another year and waited for a better coaching gig. He chose to come and work with Mitch.

2 QBs Nagy chose in CHI, not 1.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What are you talking about? What guy is turning down coaching the Chicago Bears because he’s not sold on the QB they took with the second overall pick the year before? Of course Nagy or anybody is going to think they can make it work with Mitch.

My point is that any coach in the position Matt Nagy was would take that job. And it’s laughable that you’re arguing that because he accepted the Bears head coaching job he therefore “picked” Trubisky. If you want to argue he contributed to Trubisky being a failure that’s fine. pretty hard to argue against it. But you’re stretching it into some nonsense where you’re claiming Nagy “picked” Mitch when he took the job. And that’s on him the same way Foles is on him. It’s pretty stupid and you just reaching for anything to trash Nagy.

Look at the guy who replaced Nagy in KC. He still can’t get a job. You think Bienemy is turning down head coaching job offers because he’s not sold on the teams QB? Get out of here with your bullshit.

and what NFL head coaching offers has Pat Fitzgerald turned down? And I already said it’s different if you’re a big name with multiple offers, I don’t think guys like Bill Belichick and Parcells exactly fall into the same category as a Matt Nagy. Do you see why? You think the market for those two names might be a little bigger than Matt Nagy? You think Nagy had other head coaching offers?

You are so confused. Deeply confused. 90% of your post is arguing against points I never made and are assumed or imagined by you.

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder if either/both Pace & Nagy have enough rope left to start all over with a rookie QB.

Only the genius's at Halas Hall know for sure.

I don't believe that they do...

This is a lame duck season that Bears ownership created b/c they (again) didn't align QB/HC/GM contracts... And rather than paying for that mistake, they're going to keep the same HC/GM tandem for a year (with Foles as starting QB), knowing that they will fail and with sweaty teddy overseeing all long-term decisions.

It's classic Bears.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
I don't believe that they do...

This is a lame duck season that Bears ownership created b/c they (again) didn't align QB/HC/GM contracts... And rather than paying for that mistake, they're going to keep the same HC/GM tandem for a year (with Foles as starting QB), knowing that they will fail and with sweaty teddy overseeing all long-term decisions.

It's classic Bears.

Ugh.

That does sound exactly like something they'd do.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
What’s everyone here going to do when next season, after they win two early games, Pace and Nagy get extensions in the name of “consistency”??

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
What’s everyone here going to do when next season, after they win two early games, Pace and Nagy get extensions in the name of “consistency”??
Nothing because your narrative has never happened won't happen.