Who’s your stay @ 20 no trade back guy?

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Can he run block? I thought that was his knock and why they don't think he could play RT?

He can run block. There's a difference between how he run blocks and how a dude like Jenkins run blocks.

I'd put him, right now, as an average run blocker. Remember, though, he has crazy upside due to his almost super-human athletic testing.

Yeah, the highest RAS of a tackle, plus 3 years protecting Ehlinger's blind side.

Look, the dude's not a road grader. He's not. But, I think he has the future to be a hall of fame level LT. It's there.

The drawback I have seen is like what happened with Chris Williams where he is either LT or bust. With Cosmi's athleticism, he can play different positions, but would you want him to? Like, get a guy like him and then toss Leno for a 3rd round pick and cap relief.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Daniel Jeremiah was on a conference call answering questions from several regional reporters of various NFL teams. Larry Meyer went on and asked Jeremiah that if the Bears were going OT at #20, who would they target.

Jeremiah gave two names. The first was the obvious Darrisaw. The second was the surprising Dillon Radunz. Jeremiah said that he and the draft community have mistakenly overlooked Radunz, and he may be drafted much higher than his current projection...

PoliteComplicatedHornedviper-size_restricted.gif

Montucky

Liked Posts:
He can run block. There's a difference between how he run blocks and how a dude like Jenkins run blocks.

I'd put him, right now, as an average run blocker. Remember, though, he has crazy upside due to his almost super-human athletic testing.

Yeah, the highest RAS of a tackle, plus 3 years protecting Ehlinger's blind side.

Look, the dude's not a road grader. He's not. But, I think he has the future to be a hall of fame level LT. It's there.

The drawback I have seen is like what happened with Chris Williams where he is either LT or bust. With Cosmi's athleticism, he can play different positions, but would you want him to? Like, get a guy like him and then toss Leno for a 3rd round pick and cap relief.
If I had to bet on player to shock everyone and go in the top ten picks its Sam Cosmi. Not saying its necessarily going to happen, but he's the kind of player teams like to reach for.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Radunz would be a huge reach at 20 but sounds like a Pace move so prepare those dicks for a rippin.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
BPA........at a position of need. In my opinion I don't see a corner dropping to #20 other than Farley or Newsome who both have medical red flags. That means it is down to OT and WR and I can't honestly say which position carries a higher draft rating with Pace/Nagy. Do you want a playmaker or someone to protect your QB? At that point I would say a playmaking WR Kadarius Toney.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Jaycee Horn is a fav. I like getting guys with a football pedigree.

- Jaycee Horn
- Greg Newsome
- Teven Jenkins
- Elijah Moore

Those are "my guys".

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
BPA........at a position of need. In my opinion I don't see a corner dropping to #20 other than Farley or Newsome who both have medical red flags. That means it is down to OT and WR and I can't honestly say which position carries a higher draft rating with Pace/Nagy. Do you want a playmaker or someone to protect your QB? At that point I would say a playmaking WR Kadarius Toney.

But which BPA do you not trade back for. The guy that makes you go, nope, forget the Jets and trading back, I’m taking this guy.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I honestly think Pace will move up for a QB. He almost has to. If he doesn’t, and being realistic, my guy is probably Farley. Horn, Slater, Darrisaw and the top WRs will be gone. I love Jenkins, but I’d rather take a swing on a LT and QB in the 2nd and 3rd (Mills, Cosmi, Little) so Leno can get cut and I never have to see him in a Bears uniform ever again.

monkforasia

Liked Posts:
Jaycee Horn, Darrisaw/Slater, Devonte Smith, one of the 5 top qbs.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:

Leno sucked at RT they moved him to LT and he was actually good for us until 2018(after the the green bay game)where he just turned into a shit player.

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
I really like Jenkins. Mainstay at RT for years to come and solidifies the right side of the line with Barrs or draft another mauler at rg. Why havent we seen Whitehair get a shot at LT? He doesnt have the 21st century size, but open up competition against Leno.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I really like Jenkins. Mainstay at RT for years to come and solidifies the right side of the line with Barrs or draft another mauler at rg. Why havent we seen Whitehair get a shot at LT? He doesnt have the 21st century size, but open up competition against Leno.
Leno will be replaced in the draft or FA. Keep whitehair at his best position and we have mustipher at center with daniels at the other guard position.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If any of the better tackles are still on the board pretty much any of those guys.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If the Bears go defense 1st round I would laugh and not think about them again until the 2022 draft.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
If the Bears go defense 1st round I would laugh and not think about them again until the 2022 draft.
Yeah im not going to lie, idc who the CB is, but I don't want them in rd 1 or honestly rd 2 if they stick with just the two picks. I know there are some really good corners, but they created that hole and I'm sick of building the defense. I'm ready to see a functional offense

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are legit concerns about Darrisaw and his desire to play ball. That is the only reason I am leaning away from Darrisaw. Its a tough call, but after seeing years of laziness from Leno I can't go that way again.

On Tucker, he has played Guard and Tackle, and done very well at both. You are correct on the length concerns, but the tape is there, and I think the underwear olympics are getting in way of his tape. He was a very good pass protector in college. If you can play Guard and Left Tackle, you could probably play Right Tackle as well. So I see a guy you start at LT and if he for some reason he has a little trouble with the pass rush put him at RT.

Jenkins was a close call for me too. I see him as a true RT with no ability to play LT, so that is why I don't rush to the podium.

Why not LT? I've not seen that come up on him, but admittedly haven't dug too deep on Jenkins. Short arms/length?
We need both, but have RT more covered this year than LT, so...hmmm.

Yep.

What I'd hate to see is Trey Lance slide and we try to pull off some massive trade up to get him...while a legit starter is still sitting there. We need starters, not projects.
Agreed. Not with Nagy at the helm!!! He won't train or allow support staff to teach em up right.

I even worry about that with an OL rookie if raw: "Let's pass to open up the run!", and "don't step forward at the snap or they might know it's a run on an RPO (but it's fine to lose leverage & jump)" uggh.