Who’s your stay @ 20 no trade back guy?

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Who is your guy that, if he’s there at 20, you rush to the podium, take him, no trade back at all, stay 20?

For example, my guy is Jaycee Horn. If he falls to 20, we take him and call it.

Yeah, it’s not likely, but that’s the point. The guy that negates any trade back talk if he falls.

Who’s yours?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Who is your guy that, if he’s there at 20, you rush to the podium, take him, no trade back at all, stay 20?

For example, my guy is Jaycee Horn. If he falls to 20, we take him and call it.

Yeah, it’s not likely, but that’s the point. The guy that negates any trade back talk if he falls.

Who’s yours?
Darrisaw

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Slater, Darrisaw, or Iones

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Darrisaw

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Teven Jenkins. Though I will be happy with Christian Darrisaw or Alex Leatherwood as well.

If they don't take an offensive tackle (or trade up for a quarterback) my hope is that they just take the best player available regardless of position. If that means Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah that's fine by me, though I think there's about zero chance Ryan Pace does that.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Alijah Vera Tucker. I think he is a legit LT and those don't come around much at 20. I agree on Horn as well.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alijah Vera Tucker. I think he is a legit LT and those don't come around much at 20. I agree on Horn as well.

I read that he's being prospected as a G with possible eventual switch to T, but there's concerns about his length - or it that overblown? I want a legit LT. No need for another G, and sadly I have ZERO faith in this coaching staff's ability to convert or train anybody to a new position.

ALSO - I'm reading that Darrisaw in addition to being raw, is missing the mean streak that others like JENKINS has. This OL needs a leader like Kreutz was. Even Kyle Long was that hard-ass who pushed others to get it done. Daniel is good, but failed at Center b/c he was too quiet & shy in making the line calls.

I'd be cool with Jenkins or Farley (assuming back is cleared) or a trade down for one of several players likely to be there at 20 and of the group, one will be there still in late 1st. Can't do without a partner tho of course. OL & WR are deep.

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

I know Darrisaw is a popular choice, but I really think that when it's all said and done, Cosmi is going to be seen as the best LT from this draft. He can run block and is a freakish athlete. I know, he's rated as like 5 or 6, but I think history will see him as the no-brainer number 1 and try to figure out why he fell.

I just think too much value is being put on being able to swing from the RT to the LT position, but not enough is put on specialization.

My dude is Cosmi, and we can trade back and still get him.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I know Darrisaw is a popular choice, but I really think that when it's all said and done, Cosmi is going to be seen as the best LT from this draft. He can run block and is a freakish athlete. I know, he's rated as like 5 or 6, but I think history will see him as the no-brainer number 1 and try to figure out why he fell.

I just think too much value is being put on being able to swing from the RT to the LT position, but not enough is put on specialization.

Can he run block? I thought that was his knock and why they don't think he could play RT?

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:

I like Cosmi too, I'd be fine getting him at 20 even although I'm sure many dicks will be ripped off if that were to happen.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I read that he's being prospected as a G with possible eventual switch to T, but there's concerns about his length - or it that overblown? I want a legit LT.

There are legit concerns about Darrisaw and his desire to play ball. That is the only reason I am leaning away from Darrisaw. Its a tough call, but after seeing years of laziness from Leno I can't go that way again.

On Tucker, he has played Guard and Tackle, and done very well at both. You are correct on the length concerns, but the tape is there, and I think the underwear olympics are getting in way of his tape. He was a very good pass protector in college. If you can play Guard and Left Tackle, you could probably play Right Tackle as well. So I see a guy you start at LT and if he for some reason he has a little trouble with the pass rush put him at RT.

Jenkins was a close call for me too. I see him as a true RT with no ability to play LT, so that is why I don't rush to the podium.