Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All this talk about Trey and Mac if Wilson is gone. What about Fields? I think the Cousins compare has many thinking MAC for Shanahan here but it's too soon. Trey has all the physical ability you could ask for but really low pass count and play time to be sure about anything enough for what was given for a move up. Fields is all that and whatever he doesn't get right now, Shanny will teach him. He's the guy that should go 3rd off the board.

I could see any of the 3 there, Trey to sit a year with the best teacher around since Jimmy has been retained, Mac to do it from the pocket and allow more complex route combos in the near future or Smith because he's the most complete prospect with no real weaknesses.

Just seems to me the Fields is the safest bet with all the tools and capable of overcoming any tentativeness in the pocket with good coaching and read concepts.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Wait.

...is it a sure thing Zach Wilson is #2 with the Jets?

They should take Fields and avoid another "Mitch-esque pick."

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
They're going to try to trade up again for Wilson.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Wait.

After his draft day, Wilson is most likely gone after 2nd pick. Im surprised Jets didn't get rid of Darnold yet. Probably waiting on Draft day to do it.

I think its Lance since the 49ers didn't trade away Jimmy G. Jones could come in and start right away.

Last edited:

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wait.

I think Wilson is a lock at #2 because of how he compares to Mahomes.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I have grown on the possibility that Niners have two guys (other than Trevor Lawrence) graded as first overall quality quarterbacks and will take whichever one the Jets don't select.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
After his draft day, Wilson is most likely gone after 2nd pick. Im surprised Jets didn't get rid of Darnold yet. Probably waiting on Draft day to do it.

I think its Lance since the 49ers didn't trade away Jimmy G. Jones could come in and start right away.

They're asking for a 1st round pick for Jimmy G so i guess he's on the trading block. I know a lot of the draft experts think it's gonna be M.Jones cause of his fit for Shanny but i think it'll be Fields.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
They're asking for a 1st round pick for Jimmy G so i guess he's on the trading block. I know a lot of the draft experts think it's gonna be M.Jones cause of his fit for Shanny but i think it'll be Fields.
My money's on Trey Lance. Funny how this is, I have a lot of friends who are Niners fans and they are all convinced its Lance so I'm on board with them. They follow the Niners more than I do. Or maybe the Niners know Zach Wilson is going to fall past the Jets. Could be any one of four players and it won't be the least bit surprising, its one hell of a scenario playing out.

The Jimmy Garoppolo trade is interesting because now there is at least some public acknowledgement that he's probably gone. The Niners almost had me convinced they were actually keeping him, before the big trade-up at least.

I also wonder if there is some huge potential for a Kirk Cousins trade. The timing of this trade a month and a half before the draft is weird, and the fact that the Cousins rumor mill never got going was puzzling. I don't know how it would all fit together and the possibility of its seems very remote, but there has to be some story to why the 49ers jumped to the third overall when they did. Somebody else was on the phone with Miami for third overall.