Who could the Cubs trade before the upcoming deadline?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Sounding like the rays are getting hot n heavy with Willy

yes, you read that right lol

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
manea hasn’t been that good, but the rest you’re absolutely right about. But still, when you look at the team pitching stats, you have the Yankees, dodgers, and astros and then everybody else basically.

I just don’t see the padres having the pitching those other 3 do, unless of course the padres go add another arm. I think they are a bullpen arm away from having the pitching to compete with those teams. But I could be wrong
I do think those three teams are the top teams but its getting hot at the right time.

Maybe Im a Yankee hater but I feel like they will fail in playoffs with the strikeout heavy lineup when temperatures chill. I like the Astros more than them.

The Braves are always lurking as well. That lineup can go with anyone when hot.

And like I said, the MEts probably the best 1-2 punch but can they stay healthy and is their BP good enough.

Those one game wild card games are nutty cause any team can win one game.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I do think those three teams are the top teams but its getting hot at the right time.

Maybe Im a Yankee hater but I feel like they will fail in playoffs with the strikeout heavy lineup when temperatures chill. I like the Astros more than them.

The Braves are always lurking as well. That lineup can go with anyone when hot.

And like I said, the MEts probably the best 1-2 punch but can they stay healthy and is their BP good enough.

Those one game wild card games are nutty cause any team can win one game.
Astros are my favorite to win it all, as well

they could use to add a bat, though

jts1207

Liked Posts:
So you’re saying they got more than just peanuts for him?! @jts1207

Yes man, we’ve got the next great Cy winner coming in. You idiots love some unproven minor league talent. We are the Cubs not the As …spend some Fn money and win. This indefinite rebuild is comical at this point.

Can’t wait to hear your take on all the future all stars we get for Willy and Haap lol

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Get use to this. As long as the Ricketts own the Cubs it will be nickel and dimes all day long.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yes man, we’ve got the next great Cy winner coming in. You idiots love some unproven minor league talent. We are the Cubs not the As …spend some Fn money and win. This indefinite rebuild is comical at this point.

Can’t wait to hear your take on all the future all stars we get for Willy and Haap lol
Indefinite rebuild? You do realize we just hit 1 full year of rebuilding, right?!

also, do show where anyone mentioned cy young in regards to any prospect the cubs have gotten? That’s right, you can’t…you’re just making shit up.

but I guess you’d rather the cubs hung on to the 28 year old rookie reliever instead, huh?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The only thing saltier than @jts1207 ’s peanuts is himself!

imagine wishing to be right so badly that you actively root for your teams prospects to fail, just for some weak attempt at an I told you so

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Only thing comical is your lack of baseball knowledge......which I'm guessing was attained by vigorous video gaming.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Only thing comical is your lack of baseball knowledge......which I'm guessing was attained by vigorous video gaming.
The Show is a great game doe

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

There is no point in spending money right now for the cubs. They would just be pissing away money and someone's career because the team isn't ready to compete. Now 2024 - 2025 rolls around, then Cubs are going to be buyers.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
To be honest, if the best offer for contreras is some of the ones the mets have apparently been pushing I'd be more content to see them QO contreras and just get the pick. I don't see a slugging 1B as much better than the money you get for the draft when you're gonna have a very high pick as well.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
To be honest, if the best offer for contreras is some of the ones the mets have apparently been pushing I'd be more content to see them QO contreras and just get the pick. I don't see a slugging 1B as much better than the money you get for the draft when you're gonna have a very high pick as well.
Seems the Mets are out on Contreras anyway.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
yeah sorta hoping the rays are the play because they have more interesting prospects. I wouldn't might Matt Allen for one of the cub relievers though

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I'm curious if the pads have the money to sign soto long term though. They are paying Machado $32 mil a year for the next 6 years and Tatis has a massive contract too. You could be talking about 3 players costing them $100 mil

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Robertson to philly for Ben Brown. Not much scouting info on him but the numbers look fantastic. Big k rate low walk rate

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Robertson gone.. for some reliever edit.. starter I guess, young.. who knows

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Robertson gone.. for some reliever edit.. starter I guess, young.. who knows
AFAIK he's a starter. Looks like a guy they drafted late as a high schooler who's breaking out. From what I'm reading he may not have control long term to be a starter but i mean 2.84 bb/9 in 73 innings at A+ is pretty good especially when you add in 12.95 k/9. Worst case he's an interesting bullpen arm but he is very much in that herz range where you let him prove he can't be a starter with that sorta k//9

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Robertson to philly for Ben Brown. Not much scouting info on him but the numbers look fantastic. Big k rate low walk rate
He would be the Phillies 7th best prospect when the rankings updated. Big jump this year.