Who could the Cubs trade before the upcoming deadline?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If they ever change to electronic strike zone, Quintana would be completely useless. He lives on bad umpiring and players lack of strike zone knowledge.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
brett from bleacher nation basically hinted he got a tip off earlier today about a potential big move happening. He just now alluded to the idea that basically SD and the cubs have a deal in place presumably for happ/contreras if the soto deal falls through.
So you’re telling me I have to root for Soto to the Cardinals?or LAD?

I’m praying for a sleeper team

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
brett from bleacher nation basically hinted he got a tip off earlier today about a potential big move happening. He just now alluded to the idea that basically SD and the cubs have a deal in place presumably for happ/contreras if the soto deal falls through.
Seems like that is just him extrapolating from the multiple national reports on what SD is doing. It makes sense the cubs would wait for them (as they have a much better system than the other teams mentioned) and that these teams would have a deal in place because it will have to come together quick if Soto goes elsewhere.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Seems like that is just him extrapolating from the multiple national reports on what SD is doing. It makes sense the cubs would wait for them (as they have a much better system than the other teams mentioned) and that these teams would have a deal in place because it will have to come together quick if Soto goes elsewhere.
He specifically mentioned he got calls from people in the know(likely beat reporters) to be ready this afternoon

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Or possibly soto doesn't get moved at all. Nats might get more this offseason tbh.
That would be a wiser move. They have a very limited supply of interested teams at the moment.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Rosenthal confirming that Soto to Padres is official.
Susana, Woods, Abrams Hassell to Nats. the top 4 Padres prospects.

Last edited:

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
With Padres having nothing left to trade, seems like the best play is to find separate deals for Contreras, Robertson, and potentially Happ instead of packaging them together.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow. Quite a deadline for the Pads, Instant contenda.......they might want to stay healthy as not much will be there in their system.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rosenthal confirming that Soto to Padres is official.
Susana, Woods, Abrams Hassell to Nats. the top 4 Padres prospects.
Hosmer is also included but hasnt waived his no trade clause. It wont be a deal breaker if he wont. They will work it out.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
With Padres having nothing left to trade, seems like the best play is to find separate deals for Contreras, Robertson, and potentially Happ instead of packaging them together.
Happ and Robertson are connected to the Dodgers since it seemed to be their back up plan. Contreras and the Mets seem to gaining traction again.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Wow. Quite a deadline for the Pads, Instant contenda.......they might want to stay healthy as not much will be there in their system.
Do they have the pitching to seriously contend?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do they have the pitching to seriously contend?
Absolutely, their whole rotation has pedigree. Its getting hot at the right time.

I dont find any team with a locked down rotation. Mets getting back Degrom would be the best 1-2 punch with Scherzer.

But, Musgrove has pitched like an Ace. Darvish can still dominate any team. Snell and Manea have stuff to handle their own. Their BP needs to lock down more.

Add Tatis should be back thats a murderers row of Machado, Tatis, Soto.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hosmer used his no trade clause seems he will just be cut out of the deal and the Padres will eat luxury tax.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Absolutely, their whole rotation has pedigree. Its getting hot at the right time.

I dont find any team with a locked down rotation. Mets getting back Degrom would be the best 1-2 punch with Scherzer.

But, Musgrove has pitched like an Ace. Darvish can still dominate any team. Snell and Manea have stuff to handle their own. Their BP needs to lock down more.

Add Tatis should be back thats a murderers row of Machado, Tatis, Soto.
manea hasn’t been that good, but the rest you’re absolutely right about. But still, when you look at the team pitching stats, you have the Yankees, dodgers, and astros and then everybody else basically.

I just don’t see the padres having the pitching those other 3 do, unless of course the padres go add another arm. I think they are a bullpen arm away from having the pitching to compete with those teams. But I could be wrong

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yeah, or the other option was Soto to STL lol and then the Cubs get the Padres haul (or some of it).
thank god that wasn’t the outcome at least