Who could the Cubs trade before the upcoming deadline?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Twins just got Mahle to start and had already got Lopez to close.....they see an opening while the White Sox continue to flail around.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
30 minutes to go...hilarious if we end up not trading both

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
30 minutes to go...hilarious if we end up not trading both
Not really. I didn't want to move Willy in the first place and Happ is still under control for a year.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Not really. I didn't want to move Willy in the first place and Happ is still under control for a year.
i at least appreciate Jed and company not feeling forced to do anything. When you act out of desperation, bad deals happen. Still time to go, too

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
givens moved to NYM. Hoping they get Matt Allen back but i'm not sure they will

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yanks Montgomery to Cards for Bader.....good, I hated that little PIA.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good. The Mets didn't want to pony up.....fuck em.

Sign Willy....if Happ does it again next year, he will be worth even more.

Start the slow influx of the kids.....time to find out what they got.

Once again.....fuck the Mets.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
So i know the prevailing thought was cubs don't want contreras back but it's worth considering maybe they just were willing to move him at a right price but were also fine with extending him. Obviously some leverage is gone now for them but like... contreras seems like he wants to be with the cubs. With Happ, not much changes if you were to trade him in the offseason. You maybe lose a bit of value but if no one was gonna blow you away with an offer why move him for less?

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Also... i think it's worth noting that if the trade offers weren't there for contreras what is his FA gonna look like? Like obviously there is some value to him but if teams weren't that all in on him at the deadline why would they suddenly be over the moon to pay him in FA? It's perhaps an indication the cubs can sign him for less than crazy money

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How mad are you about being wrong last trade deadline?
You gotta love the predictablity of these trolls. Never here, never around, never anything constructive to say......they just show up at certain times and try to get reactions. Not sure what the payoff is for them.....they just make themselves look stupid and get trashed by any poster with any sense. A form of masochism?

jts1207

Liked Posts:
You gotta love the predictablity of these trolls. Never here, never around, never anything constructive to say......they just show up at certain times and try to get reactions. Not sure what the payoff is for them.....they just make themselves look stupid and get trashed by any poster with any sense. A form of masochism?

Not really paying attention to yet another losing season ….but when I’m tagged in a post lol

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I have been very supportive of the rebuild moves made by the FO over the past year, and I have heard the ex post facto rationalizations for keeping Happ and Contreras.

But bottom line they F'd up this trade deadline and misplayed their hand. Badly. Of course I don't know what they were offered but it doesn't matter, a good FO moves assets at the optimal time and gets an ROI, no excuses. This was a real head-scratcher.