Who do you like at the 7-9 range?

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Johnston is not worth a pick that high. Or at the very least, it’s a gamble and we can’t afford to miss.

I would be ok drafting him if available at the right spot, but that’s too high.
I feel if/when he crushes the combine, there's a good chance he locks down WR1.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I'm not so sure there is a QB in this draft that is so much better than the rest that a team will give up multiple 1st rd picks to move up to #1. I can see Houston staying at #2 and picking any of Young, CJ or Levis and using their picks to build around that player. Does Indy want to give up what it would take to move to #1 when they could trade with Arizona at #3 and get one of those 3 QB's for much less draft capitol. If there was a QB like Lawrence in the draft I could see the Bears getting a lot more for the #1 pick. I'm starting to think the best move for the Bears is to take whatever the Texans will offer and take Carter with the 2nd. Carter is the only player in the draft right now that projects to potential All-Pro caliber player. I don't see the Bears getting enough to pass on a player of that caliber.
What did the 49ers pay to get "their man" after Lawrence went 1st and the Jets wasted their pick on a future out of work QB?

When a team decides that a QB is "their man", they will overpay. Unless you are part of the Colts or Texans scouting department, you cannot say that there are at least two QBs that each team would be ok with drafting.

Go listen to the Colts GM say what he would be willing to do to get his guy.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Prob best options will be at T WR and if they don’t sign any rbs bijan for @dentfan . Of course bijan not ideal pick there hes Pretty versatile
Call him a WR with really good run after the catch abilities and then it doesn't sound so bad. People are saying that he does possess true WR skills.

Green text, but interesting enough to go through one's head for an instant.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Well I think you are probably right. But both things can be true. The best wide receiver in the draft is not worth going in the top 10. The wide receivers in this draft in the second round could be good value but very few if any are really top 20 talents.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
The problem is that it’s WR1 in this draft. That’s not saying much. This is the draft of the slot receiver. He just reeks of Kevin White to me — all big body upside without the production to show anything other than potential. Nope. Hard pass at 7-9. If we trade with Washington and end up in the teens, (and Bijan’s gone) who gives a shit? Grab him.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I like Murphy or Wilson in that range.

I don't think a WR is worth a top ten pick in this draft. Don't want to go corner here either. I think that'd truly be wasted pick.

RBs can be had in the middle rounds so pass on Robinson that high. Unless you're Derrick Henry or Adrian Peterson, you're not worth going that high.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
From what I’ve seen this season and highlight reels, Hyatt looks to have serious legit speed.

I remember k white in his highlights never showed his timed speed but Hyatt has legit wheels.

I don’t know if he will be a good receiver but that speed is no joke

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I have a bad feeling that the eagles or KC are going to get bijan robinson as the rich get richer!

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This gets overstated. Not every Edge rusher uses advanced pass rush techniques. From a physical profile Wilson stacks up with last year's first overall pick, Trayvon Walker. Who also didn't have a tool belt of advanced techniques coming out. Some guys that are physically gifted get by just fine with 2-3 moves in their arsenal. Because they have the length, strength and get off to do so. Basic fundamental techniques honed sharp.

Travon Walker is looking like a bust and he still doesn't have the tools like handing fighting down yet not much of a pass rusher but does okay against the run.

Some guys are psychically gifted by LIKE TRAVON WALKER they fail as a pass rusher in the NFL because THEY DONT HAVE THOSE TOOLS.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Call him a WR with really good run after the catch abilities and then it doesn't sound so bad. People are saying that he does possess true WR skills.

Green text, but interesting enough to go through one's head for an instant.
Depending on trades fa and how draft falls he might be the best option.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not so sure about Houston. They easily could look at Stroud or Levis and feel good about picking at 2.
Maybe. If Texans really like one QB over another you aren't going to let things happen. Not at the QB position.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Best scenario for the Bears is Houston coveting one QB over another, making a trade with the Bears and then the Bears trading out of the number 2 spot for the second QB.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Michael Mayer
Draft comparison is George Kittle.
Kmet isn’t deserving of a contract after this next season. We need that franchise Tight end.

Top 10 in fantasy points and not good enough for bears fans until we get a generational TE......

Kmet is fine. The rest of the offense is the issue. Get a legit #1 Wideout and a offensive line that actually lets him run routes more than block and he will put up numbers.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Skoronski is my guy too.

I would be shocked at this point if JSN goes in the top 10 considering his lingering hammy issues. Would have to be healthy and super impress at the combine

discplayer

Liked Posts:
I heard Poles talk about targeting CBs, but maybe I'm wrong about that. It's not the worst idea, but I think Gordon played well for a rookie, and it just seems like a luxury to draft a CB in the first round.
"Frivolous" is the word that comes to my mind, this year, in particular. We need trench folk, Y'all, first and foremost. I say Paris, Skoronski or the best remaining DL.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
What I’d really like at the 7-9th overall range is trading down to a pick in the late teens for (another) 2024 first.