Who do you like at the 7-9 range?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Skoronski and Njigba.
This is a video of two top LT candidates who got owned by the same defensive lineman. Which is worse?

The Skoronski attempt was embarrassing. It looked like he got shot out of a gun trying to absorb the bull rush.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
The problem is that it’s WR1 in this draft. That’s not saying much. This is the draft of the slot receiver. He just reeks of Kevin White to me — all big body upside without the production to show anything other than potential. Nope. Hard pass at 7-9. If we trade with Washington and end up in the teens, (and Bijan’s gone) who gives a shit? Grab him.
I feel like that's the same story with Myles Murphy and no one bats an eye at him at the top.

Johnston has decent production too.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The problem is that it’s WR1 in this draft. That’s not saying much. This is the draft of the slot receiver. He just reeks of Kevin White to me — all big body upside without the production to show anything other than potential. Nope. Hard pass at 7-9. If we trade with Washington and end up in the teens, (and Bijan’s gone) who gives a shit? Grab him.
Agreed. Lots of slot WRs. And I don’t like Johnston at all in the draft. Not sure his game translates to the NFL. Seems too sluggish to me.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This assumes that Houston and Colts are find with seeing what QBs drop to them, and either the Raiders or the Panthers jump up to #1. This type of trade would definitely involve future 1st rounders and is the type of trade that would land a ton of future draft capital.

Tyree Wilson, Quentin Johnson, Bryan Breese, Peter Skoronski, Paris Johnson are all projected near that level. Still plenty of big names on the DL, OL and at WR at that range.

7-9? I was hoping for that record for Green Bay. Oh wait- 17 game season 7-10 sounds like what they deserve ?

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some guys are psychically gifted by LIKE TRAVON WALKER they fail as a pass rusher in the NFL because THEY DONT HAVE THOSE TOOLS.
Telekinesis or prognostication? Either way, if there's a fucking psychic DE in the draft, the Bears better run up to the podium to draft them. Then again, they might use their soothsaying abilities to dodge the calamity that is the current Bears defense. :(

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Best scenario for the Bears is Houston coveting one QB over another, making a trade with the Bears and then the Bears trading out of the number 2 spot for the second QB.
I disagree. Trading back to 4, then 9 with Panthers would be ideal. You could get 2 pretty massive hauls (that'd include 1sts next year). The move back to 2 is going to be pretty minimal value in return. (This would require Carolina still coveting the 3rd qb, likely stroud or levis)

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
This is a video of two top LT candidates who got owned by the same defensive lineman. Which is worse?

The Skoronski attempt was embarrassing. It looked like he got shot out of a gun trying to absorb the bull rush.
That is an embarrassing rep.

He was dominant vs Aidan Hutchinson and David Ojabo last year. I trust his resume.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Wow - Kmet will be a very good TE and hopefully not always injured like Kittle. lot's more needs than a TE in this draft.

4th round? Sure.

Honestly, if it were me I'd feed Saint Brown some burittos and turn him into a hybrid TE. Not like his WR career is blossoming

baredown

Liked Posts:

Probably worth noting that Van Ness (the D-lineman) is one of those really fast risers that suddenly jumps way up in draft projections. Jeremiah currently has him going at #8, ahead of all three Clemson DL guys, and right behind Skoronski. That bull rush wipeout may be more an indication of how good Van Ness is than any sort of inditement on Skoronski. Getting abused on one play by an elite pash rusher happens to even the best OTs…

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Probably worth noting that Van Ness (the D-lineman) is one of those really fast risers that suddenly jumps way up in draft projections. Jeremiah currently has him going at #8, ahead of all three Clemson DL guys, and right behind Skoronski. That bull rush wipeout may be more an indication of how good Van Ness is than any sort of inditement on Skoronski. Getting abused on one play by an elite pash rusher happens to even the best OTs…
To begin with, I don't think that Skoronski plays at that level normally. However; that play was a nightmare film for him. He didn't just lose the rep, he was annihilated on that play. I looked at it several time, thinking that he might have stepped on the guards foot, causing him to fall, but he was nowhere near anybody. He was just destroyed one one on by a bull rush.

I agree that Van Ness is shooting up the boards as we speak, but do you think that he will be the only person in the NFL in 2023 who will have the strength to put on a strong bull rush against Skoronski? The NFL is full of strong defensive ends who are as strong, if not stronger than, Van Ness.

Has Skoronski shown a real weakness against strong bull rushers?