Who do you like tomorrow?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Looks like a lot of decent tackles still on the board. Hopefully they keep adding weapons on offense and building that side of the ball.

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
Spencer Brown from the University of Northern Iowa is also intriguing

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
OT. Gotta setup Fields for success, his wheels will put lipstick on the pig but we need to upgrade the pig

greg23

Liked Posts:
We basically have a 2nd and 3rd...then dart throwing with four 6ths

He needs to fortify his investment in Fields.....protection and wr speed

Jenkins is an easy NO as hes subpar in pass pro and won't be there anyway

My guess is one or two of Radunz/Brown/Little will be there at 52 and id be fine with them if they believe they can't be decent LT

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I wonder if we could pick up an extra 3rd if we trade down in the 2nd. I feel like we need another day 2 pick since we don't have anything more until the 6th after our 3rd round pick.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's in another thread, but there's a LOT of starter quality OTs, WRs, & CBs remaining.

I wonder if we could pick up an extra 3rd if we trade down in the 2nd. I feel like we need another day 2 pick since we don't have anything more until the 6th after our 3rd round pick.

Yes, you beat me to it. If not a top OT (Radunz Jenkins, or Cosmi); maybe package some of those 6th Rd picks to add in gaining a day 2 pick or at least a 5th!???

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It's in another thread, but there's a LOT of starter quality OTs, WRs, & CBs remaining.

If not a top OT (Radunz Jenkins, or Cosmi); might a trade down in 2nd net another pick?? Maybe package some of those 6th Rd picks to add in gaining a day 2 pick or at least a 5th!???
I hate to be like this but its basically offensive tackle or bust in round two. They honestly need to draft two of them, but realistically one would at least be a step in the right direction.

I loathe the idea of another trade up but that might be the only way. Package the second and third and move up ten or so spots to grab the last of the tackles. That'll really make this a much weaker set of reinforcements that we expected and the cost of the trade-ups will be felt on special teams and when the injuries hit.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hate to be like this but its basically offensive tackle or bust in round two. They honestly need to draft two of them, but realistically one would at least be a step in the right direction.

I loathe the idea of another trade up but that might be the only way. Package the second and third and move up ten or so spots to grab the last of the tackles. That'll really make this a much weaker set of reinforcements that we expected and the cost of the trade-ups will be felt on special teams and when the injuries hit.

I'm 100% on board if that's what's needed to get one of THE guys at OT. Given how deep the class is, I'd love to see Pace sit tight and see how it falls but pull the trigger if it gets thin. Seems like there's quite a few who will be there at 52 or even later...

2021-04-30_01h41_11.png

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I'm 100% on board if that's what's needed to get one of THE guys at OT. Given how deep the class is, I'd love to see Pace sit tight and see how it falls but pull the trigger if it gets thin. Seems like there's quite a few who will be there at 52 or even later...

View attachment 11552
It might just come down to taking a gamble on Walker Little, because I do think other teams with young quarterbacks won't necessarily feel the same desperation the Bears do to find an instant contributor. The bust potential on Little is stratospheric, he's exactly the type of player that gets drafted in the second round and follows the Dan Bazuin path.

What I'm sure we both agree has to not happen is for Ryan Pace to get captivated by some outside linebacker he just needs to acquire and the Bears wind up ignoring this position (again).

aeronaut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
If not a top OT (Radunz Jenkins, or Cosmi); might a trade down in 2nd net another pick??
I expect Jenkins could go as early as 33 to the Jags. Cosmi is also likely going pretty early in the round. Don't think it's prudent to trade up that far after giving up 3 extra picks to move up for Fields.

Would love to see Radunz or Eichenburg (sp?) slide, and wouldn't mind a small trade up to get one of them. Mayfield straight up could work too, or Jackson Carman from Clemson. Spencer Brown had crazy athletic numbers (#1 overall of all OT measured in the last several years by those math nerd guys), but is a bit raw. If he turns into a top OT, would love him in the 3rd round, but suspect someone will take a flyer on him late second/early third. And if Cosmi slides for some reason, go grab him unless Tom Herman says it's a bad idea. Brady Christenson in the 3rd would be good, too.

Or there could be better value at CB or WR. Any good OL players from Ohio State, perhaps? Wyatt Davis is a guard, and we're good there, Josh Meyers is a center, could compete with Mustipher.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Terrace or LT/RT. Whichever line player we need most.