Who do you like tomorrow?

greg23

Liked Posts:

Trade more picks to take a guy who isn't a LT (and maybe a guard) and who is going to struggle to pass protect??

No fking way

There are 8-9 other guys who can possibly be starting LT in the NFL.....get one of them

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trade more picks to take a guy who isn't a LT (and maybe a guard) and who is going to struggle to pass protect??

No fking way

There are 8-9 other guys who can possibly be starting LT in the NFL.....get one of them

I see him as a RT....there are not 8-9 guys in the draft that can start at LT right now for the Bears.

Montucky

Liked Posts:

No fking way

Maybe one of the remaining left tackles on the board will develop into a good starter. Even that's not a sure thing, its not entirely rare for an entire draft, let alone rounds two through seven, to have no good left tackles in it.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I see him as a RT....there are not 8-9 guys in the draft that can start at LT right now for the Bears.

Right now? Now
In the future...maybe

Jenkins chances at LT are 0%

He'll probably go early in round 2 and pace would be an idiot to give up more picks for a RT (possible guard) only after dumping 3 picks yesterday for his qb.

Lots of depth at ot and lots of possible LT

Not intersted or high on Jenkins at all and him at 20 proved to be a joke since he's still around

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Marshall-Wr
Jenkins Cosmi,Mayfeild, Radunz -OT
Williams-RB
Samuel, Campbell Jr-CB
Humphries,Dickerson, Eichenberg -Ol

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Trade up for Jenkins.
This is what I think they have to do. Its not the left tackle but the guy has the lowest bust potential of anyone in the draft, let alone the tackles. I am actually pretty shocked he slipped as far as he has. Problem is I can easily see him going thirty-third overall right away, just like the Jaguars did with Cam Robinson a few years ago.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This is what I think they have to do. Its not the left tackle but the guy has the lowest bust potential of anyone in the draft, let alone the tackles. I am actually pretty shocked he slipped as far as he has. Problem is I can easily see him going thirty-third overall right away, just like the Jaguars did with Cam Robinson a few years ago.
The OL showed improvement towards the end of last season. Shoring up either T would go a long way.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The OL showed improvement towards the end of last season. Shoring up either T would go a long way.
Well Jenkins specifically because he is an absolute road grader who adds an entire streak of nastiness to the entire right side. Its not impossible to scheme a patchwork defense on the blind side for a season or two, especially if that Teven Jenkins + Alex Bars/James Daniels/Cody Whitehair (however it works itself out in camp I will be content with to start the season) right side is causing nightmares for opposing defenses.

He was my dream pick at twenty. If the Bears land him in the second its a coup, even if it costs next years second I think it might be worth it.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right now? Now
In the future...maybe

Jenkins chances at LT are 0%

He'll probably go early in round 2 and pace would be an idiot to give up more picks for a RT (possible guard) only after dumping 3 picks yesterday for his qb.

Lots of depth at ot and lots of possible LT

Not intersted or high on Jenkins at all and him at 20 proved to be a joke since he's still around
You can get a starting LT next year...they do need a starting RT in a bad way right now.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol

You guys need a CB and in a baaaaaadddd way. There is sure to be a serviceable Tackle with the next round of cuts.

With that said.......

Aaron Robinson, CB

Montucky

Liked Posts:
You can get a starting LT next year...they do need a starting RT in a bad way right now.
Only real hope for that is free agency without a first round pick. How much money are you willing to throw a thirty-one year old Terron Armstead? And the Saints are no dummies, they aren't going to let him out of the building unless they have a viable replacement rostered.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
They can still draft a Tackle this year that can wind up being the started. Who knows. Important thing for now is we have a QB.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont care as long as someone tells Pace he isn't allowed to trade up until 2024 at the earliest.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If the Bears could trade Foles to the Jets, who desperately need a veteran QB to work with Wilson, what could they realistically get

Jets sitting with second pick in the second round. Could Bears swap 2nd round picks, plus Foles and maybe add a sixth to make that move?? Or is that being unrealistic??

Foles would definitely be a fit for the Jets, just not sure if there is trade value

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bears could trade Foles to the Jets, who desperately need a veteran QB to work with Wilson, what could they realistically get

Jets sitting with second pick in the second round. Could Bears swap 2nd round picks, plus Foles and maybe add a sixth to make that move?? Or is that being unrealistic??

Foles would definitely be a fit for the Jets, just not sure if there is trade value
I’d think Foles has almost negative trade value.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I’d think Foles has almost negative trade value.
Probably right - but people make strange decisions in the NFL, especially the Jets!!

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably right - but people make strange decisions in the NFL, especially the Jets!!
True… they did hire Adam Gase as HC after he was god awful in Miami. Still Foles certainly isn’t worth a 30 spot trade up.

Too bad Bill O’Brien is no longer employed.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder if we could pick up an extra 3rd if we trade down in the 2nd. I feel like we need another day 2 pick since we don't have anything more until the 6th after our 3rd round pick.
Can we trade 4 6ths for a 3rd? Get serious talent for the offense instead of ST players, IMO.