Who here has the vibe that Fields will be a bust?

Question in the thread title...

• Total voters

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Poll. Let's hear it. Answers are public.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I expect Fields performance to lead to a seemingly random amount of team wins regardless of what the other players around him do in games , and since people seem to push back against those expectations then the board must think he's a bust. Something like that?

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most QBs are expected to take a big y2 leap. I think the lack of talent around Fields pushes more of that into y3. Not expecting HIM to be a bust, but I fully expect the offense to be a bust this year.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think he makes a nice jump but let’s be real he’s in his second year learning a new system. That’s not easy.

St. Brown and Patrick are the only two on offense that ran these concepts. That doesn’t help either.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I'm worried that he will be a Bust, this is based on the fact that pace has a terrible track record with the QB position.. His rookie year didnt help either. Hope to god Pace just got lucky with finally picking the correct QB.. We will see

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I think the Bears set him up for absolute failure. No protection and no weapons. But even with that, he should marginally improve because he doesn't seem like an absolute putz. He has a brane and he has athletic ability still.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think the Bears set him up for absolute failure. No protection and no weapons. But even with that, he should marginally improve because he doesn't seem like an absolute putz. He has a brane and he has athletic ability still.
That's kinda where I'm at

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
I think Fields takes a big step forward this season because...

1. He was named the starter from the jump and will have the benefit of taking almost all of the snaps during camp and in practice.

2. In theory, my lord this needs to happen, the new head coach and OC have designed an offense that will maximize Justin's skill set and will minimize his weaknesses.

3. The schedule is easier this year than it was last year.

I think by the end of the season it will be very clear that the Bears have a legitimate franchise QB in Fields and they don't need to draft a QB in 2023.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm an absolute believer but I have this super strong feeling that he's going to blow out a knee. A great runner, of course, but lands and falls awkwardly at times. Seems like an injury should have gotten him 3-4 times last season. I feel like the Bears have their guy, barring injuries.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Where's the option for "Will be the equivalent of Jesus, in cleats"?

bufordht

Liked Posts:
I think he'll show a little improvement and then get injured, come back a couple games and look pretty good, then get injured again. Next off season will have all the same questions. Too much potential to give up on but nothing proven.

It's just how things go as a bears fan.

Reactions: DC

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
My guess is he looks like ass in a new system with new personnel in the first half of the season and looks like the cure to the QB curse in the second half, causing dozens of CCS posters to furiously attempt reattaching the dicks they impulsively ripped off in October.