Who here has the vibe that Fields will be a bust?

Question in the thread title...

• Total voters

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I think Fields, though more talented, is in that Sam Darnold/Josh Rosen category of QBs who were thrown into horrible positions as rookies that are almost impossible to succeed in, and make it very difficult to recover from and build a successful career.

I just cant buy that argument. Feilds at least has more athletic ability than Darnild or Rosen. But yes, he was thrown into an impossible situation and it doesn't seem like the Bears went out of their way to help him in his seconds season.

mecha

Liked Posts:
don't act like FEILDS is the first Bears quarterback thrust into an impossible situation. everyone after 2006 Grossman (pretty good patchwork FA OL, receivers, Thomas Jones, Desmond Clark, etc.) were subjected to the same treatment. and the other 52 guys they had when Favre was still active.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dabbled between moderate and significant, settled on moderate, but if the schedule turns out to be as weak as it appears on paper(NO SURE THING ) it could be significant, no way he can carry this team on his back or bust for that matter
A significant injury behind this woeful OL early in the season could derail his development completely. That would leave Poles with a high draft pick in 2023, and not much to evaluate with Fields.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
don't act like FEILDS is the first Bears quarterback thrust into an impossible situation. everyone after 2006 Grossman (pretty good patchwork FA OL, receivers, Thomas Jones, Desmond Clark, etc.) were subjected to the same treatment. and the other 52 guys they had when Favre was still active.
No he's not the first, just the latest. And Rex hardly had a good WR group either. An ageing slow Moose, Berrian, Rashied Davis ?

mecha

Liked Posts:
QBs coming out of college probably pray the Bears don't pick them.
no shit. at least they were able to kind of snap the revolving door of OCs cycle. team just had monumental bad luck the last 10 years on both sides of the ball. people might call it meatball to have strong defense and running again but that format worked pretty well for them during Lovie Smith. just get the offense about 90% up to speed and you might have something then.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
A significant injury behind this woeful OL early in the season could derail his development completely. That would leave Poles with a high draft pick in 2023, and not much to evaluate with Fields.
You shut your whore mouth.