Who here has the vibe that Fields will be a bust?

Question in the thread title...

• Total voters

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think the Bears set him up for absolute failure. No protection and no weapons. But even with that, he should marginally improve because he doesn't seem like an absolute putz. He has a brane and he has athletic ability still.
We're always on the same page, bro! I want to see 'significant' improvement, but I think he is going to face some serious headwinds with this OL/WR he has. Idc about record this year, but at the end of the season, I want to be able to say Fields is the Bears QB for the next decade.

We'll see.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Can you not not give this shit a rest? Camp starts next weekend, you can wait 1 week, sheesh!
Calm down. It was in response to a thread that was asserting that the board had a "vibe" that Fields would bust, when almost no one here actually thinks that. Hence the poll results.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Personally think that there will be improvement in nearly all aspects of offense. Mainly because of addition by subtraction of Nagy. However still think that GM comes under fire for not providing enough weapons for fields which will be remedied next year.

The most concerning thing will be that with any Fields success will come the inevitable loss of OC, but deal with that once the success comes.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Personally think that there will be improvement in nearly all aspects of offense. Mainly because of addition by subtraction of Nagy. However still think that GM comes under fire for not providing enough weapons for fields which will be remedied next year.

The most concerning thing will be that with any Fields success will come the inevitable loss of OC, but deal with that once the success comes.
In all honesty I hope Getsy gets a HC opportunity down the line because that means Fields is the real deal. He might wind up being a good play caller but his success stems from Fields abilities.

msadows

Liked Posts:
0% chance I feel like he can bust.

His accuracy is too good, and he's too much of an athlete to full out bust. At worst he'd be another cutler....mid tier NFL qb. That would be a massive disappointment considering his talent, but I wouldn't consider an average NFL QB a bust.

Much as I loved Mitch, he put a lot of bad throws on tape. Most of the issues with Fields is much easier to fix.

Speed

Liked Posts:
IDK maybe, not a bust, but I get the feeling he'll be middling at best.

We need to hope losing Nagy's system was a big addition by subtraction, and that a bunch of thing's go right with the offensive skill player development. Having these & issues compounded with playing behind a swiss cheese of an offensive line usually doesn't bode well for a QB. We need a huge injection of talent next year. How we leave our QBs to dry is just getting so tiring.

msadows

Liked Posts:
IDK maybe, not a bust, but I get the feeling he'll be middling at best.

We need to hope losing Nagy's system was a big addition by subtraction, and that a bunch of thing's go right with the offensive skill player development. Having these & issues compounded with playing behind a swiss cheese of an offensive line usually doesn't bode well for a QB. We need a huge injection of talent next year. How we leave our QBs to dry is just getting so tiring.

Agreed on that last part.

The oline is key. If Fields has time this season I have zero doubt he will break out.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A little early for any dire predictions.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Can you not not give this shit a rest? Camp starts next weekend, you can wait 1 week, sheesh!
Sorry about my snippy response, I am just so tired of posters on sports blogs worrying about the number of wins this coming season. We could lose 17 and it wouldn't bother, and I bleed navy and orange (that's right my blood is kind on greenish). This is a rebuild, the will be some highs and lots of lows. I am less worried about the players and coaches than I am about the GM, I hope I am wrong about this one. Have a great day! Go Bears!

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I am going to answer with "a bust".

Yes, my friends. When all is said and done, Justin Fields will have his bust in Canton, Ohio.

That is my bold prediction. Justin Fields only continues to improve and he will become the all-time Bears QB1 and make it to the NFL Hall of Fame.

Drinking the kool-aid.

Now here come the Eeyores to rain on the parade.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I just hope we make the right decision moving forward.

I personally would have played it similar to what Poles has done. I think they have enough to tell if he is the guy and if not, they will now be picking really early and if he is the guy, they’ll still picking early to then be able to get guys to help that’ll be be here for a while and have Poles name all over them to prove his worth as a GM.

Fields is working behind the 8 ball though, he was drafted by the worst QB evaluator of all time and has very little to work with!

I want him to be the guy but the above reasons have me worried that he is not.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think Fields, though more talented, is in that Sam Darnold/Josh Rosen category of QBs who were thrown into horrible positions as rookies that are almost impossible to succeed in, and make it very difficult to recover from and build a successful career.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I expect Fields performance to lead to a seemingly random amount of team wins regardless of what the other players around him do in games , and since people seem to push back against those expectations then the board must think he's a bust. Something like that?
I dabbled between moderate and significant, settled on moderate, but if the schedule turns out to be as weak as it appears on paper(NO SURE THING ) it could be significant, no way he can carry this team on his back or bust for that matter

Last edited: