Who is responsible for players Health and Physical fitness

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone know? has it been the same person or people the past say 5 years? we all know the game takes it's toll, but sure seems like our Bears suffer more then other teams do. does this part of the staff change along with the coaches or do the Bears have a special place all the players go? i just think they need to change something or someone teaching them workout regimes. way to many injuries over the past few years.

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
read an article a few days ago about Tom Brady. he's had a guy for many years, plus a few of the players go to him. i guess BB pulled his access. they to play in the cold and snow, but never seem to lose the amount of players injured. anyways, we have been decimated the past few years. not just a few bumps and bruises. half the teams starters past few seasons almost. i hope they can turn that around here. just to many, to often. just not sure how the team goes about this stuff. it needs to be addressed tho.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone know? has it been the same person or people the past say 5 years? we all know the game takes it's toll, but sure seems like our Bears suffer more then other teams do. does this part of the staff change along with the coaches or do the Bears have a special place all the players go? i just think they need to change something or someone teaching them workout regimes. way to many injuries over the past few years.
The soft tissue damage like pulls and such is one thing but no amount of excersice can prevent things like rolled ankles and broken bones. Most of the time it is just dumb luck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I think it seems like the Bears get the brunt but many teams suffer a lot of injuries. I think they should expand the 53/46 (quite a bit) in exchange for an added game or two (2 if fewer preseason).

As far as the why of the injuries. Conspiracy theory with a little medical backing, our mass produced food is creating problems and our medicine is being pushed without concerns of side effects (fluoroquinolone antibiotics causing tendon issues).
Add in a little advancing sporting abilities and it adds up to more injuries.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The soft tissue damage like pulls and such is one thing but no amount of excersice can prevent things like rolled ankles and broken bones. Most of the time it is just dumb luck.

A lot of muscle tears, and soft tissue injury on this team leads me to believe too much lifting, not enough rest between lifting, and substandard "pliability", which according to Gruden, Brady excels at.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:

I used to break my legs three times a year, but then I started drinking milk and seeing a better leg trainer.

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
Strength & Conditioning Coach is responsible. John Fox brought Jason George with him from Denver after long-time, successful S&C Bears coach Rusty Jones "retired".

Jason George: http://www.chicagobears.com/team/coaches/Jason-George/6476b325-7479-49ea-a075-adf0155cd3ba

Rusty Jones article: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-02-07/sports/ct-spt-0208-bears-pompei-rusty-jones-chicago--20130208_1_rusty-jones-strength-coach-phil-emery

I look for Pace to send Jason George packing once the coaching search is over.

@MarkPotash
Jan 2
More Mark Potash Retweeted tony riczo

Can confirm Rusty Jones' credibility on this issue. His record as a strength-and-conditioning guru with the Bills and Bears is outstanding. Ryan Pace should give him a call.Mark Potash added,
tony riczo

@riczaj01
Replying to @MarkPotash

Heard on 670 that Rusty Jones had a belief that soft tissue injuries were b/c of improper diet, hydration and training. Before he got to Chicago, bears had issues, since he retired they've had issues, maybe he had a point

https://twitter.com/MarkPotash/status/948265895977250821

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
To me there’s too much lifting. At one point a ILB and his replacement both suffered torn pics in the same game. To me that’s got to be too much bench press, getting the pecs too tight.
I look at Kevin White, he looks like he gained 25 pounds of muscle but it looks like it’s too much weight for his frame. He should have been working on his fast twitch muscles and staying lean and flexible.
There’s probably not enough stretching either. I was at training camp when Urlacher tore his calf(?) and just minutes before it happened I was talking to a high school coach sitting next to me and he said “Urlacher is dogging it, he’s not really getting a good stretch.” They go to the other field and then we hear Urlacher is hurt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Visionman

Liked Posts:
As a physical therapist who also has a sports science background...this thread makes me laugh.

There is no doubt though that this entire training and medical staff needs to be assessed though.

I agree, Polar. I studied athletic training in college as well.

To me, a large part of the issue is the NFL mandated reduced practice time and off-season control of the team. These players are pretty much on their own the entire offseason. Some follow what the trainers prescribe, and some (many) do their own thing. Then add that to a greatly reduced practice schedule in camp...

Svic

Liked Posts:
read an article a few days ago about Tom Brady. he's had a guy for many years, plus a few of the players go to him. i guess BB pulled his access. they to play in the cold and snow, but never seem to lose the amount of players injured. anyways, we have been decimated the past few years. not just a few bumps and bruises. half the teams starters past few seasons almost. i hope they can turn that around here. just to many, to often. just not sure how the team goes about this stuff. it needs to be addressed tho.

BB told that guy to get out because that guy has had shady past and is known for shady “medications”

Visionman

Liked Posts:
When the NFL switches to little orange flags in 10 years most of these problems will be solved.

Blame that on the players, both current and former, not the NFL. They are the ones forcing these changes to happen...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree, Polar. I studied athletic training in college as well.

To me, a large part of the issue is the NFL mandated reduced practice time and off-season control of the team. These players are pretty much on their own the entire offseason. Some follow what the trainers prescribe, and some (many) do their own thing. Then add that to a greatly reduced practice schedule in camp...

I believe the trainer is available to them at the facility if they choose to train there as allowed. I just don't think he can dictate their off time.